News Forum - Universal Thailand Pass Hatred | Thaiger Bites

Thaiger

I just watched over 25 minutes of absolute drivel expecting that the Thaiger Bites segment would be about "universal Thailand Pass hatred". I am applying for the Thailand Pass now and hoped that maybe I might learn about people's experiences and what to do or avoid. People's hopes to travel and be together after two years is a serious issue. So seeing I learned nothing from this segment apart from never to watch it again, here are some of the things I learned about applying for the Thailand Pass.

1. Set aside a good hour or so (preferably on a weekend, when there's no time pressure). 

2. Have two devices at the ready (eg a laptop and a phone or an IPad and a phone) I say this because you need to refer to documents and other information and it's easier to look it up if you have another device.

3. Have all your documentation saved in JPEG format to attach to the application. (There is provision at the end of the process to attach PDF files, but not the main documents).

4. The application is structured to keep moving forward. While you can go backwards, doing so will erase the details you put in the preceding page of the application. (Very frustrating!!!)

5. You will be asked to have a close up view on any QR code documents, so crop the image to within a millimetre of the QR code, then save it as a jpeg to attach.

6. Vaccination certificates seem to be hard to attach. If you get a warning message that the image is too large, take a screenshot of it. It will save as a png file, which the application accepts. 

I hope this helps those of you, who like me are trying to have a holiday. This Thaiger segment didn't. Maybe they could share these tips.....now that would be useful!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I just watched over 25 minutes of absolute drivel expecting that the Thaiger Bites segment would be about "universal Thailand Pass hatred". I am applying for the Thailand Pass now and hoped that maybe I might learn about people's experiences and what to do or avoid. People's hopes to travel and be together after two years is a serious issue. So seeing I learned nothing from this segment apart from never to watch it again, here are some of the things I learned about applying for the Thailand Pass.

1. Set aside a good hour or so (preferably on a weekend, when there's no time pressure). 

2. Have two devices at the ready (eg a laptop and a phone or an IPad and a phone) I say this because you need to refer to documents and other information and it's easier to look it up if you have another device.

3. Have all your documentation saved in JPEG format to attach to the application. (There is provision at the end of the process to attach PDF files, but not the main documents).

4. The application is structured to keep moving forward. While you can go backwards, doing so will erase the details you put in the preceding page of the application. (Very frustrating!!!)

5. You will be asked to have a close up view on any QR code documents, so crop the image to within a millimetre of the QR code, then save it as a jpeg to attach.

6. Vaccination certificates seem to be hard to attach. If you get a warning message that the image is too large, take a screenshot of it. It will save as a png file, which the application accepts. 

I hope this helps those of you, who like me are trying to have a holiday. This Thaiger segment didn't. Maybe they could share these tips.....now that would be useful!!

After subjecting yourself to all of that nonsense, and acquiring a Degree in Computer Science, you'll need a holiday!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Extremely user-unfriendly piece of software. Had to use the snipping tool to cut out the pdf-files and convert them to jpg. If you need to re-submit one document after your application was rejected, you need to re-do the whole application. What a sub-standard piece of $hitty software.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hi, enjoyed your latest video, with Tim, Jay and the other bloke. Unfortunately Jay and the other bloke don't realise how sophisticated Australia and Australians are, with Tim having a spoon and bell.

on more serious not, went though all the drama and spent very pleasant 2 months in Thailand over this last December and November.  no way am I doing that again, searching out other Asian countries with less entry restrictions. cheers, davefrombrisbane@yahoo.com