News Forum - Calls for investigation into Bangkok governor candidate’s “unusual wealth”

Thaiger

The candidate running for Bangkok governor, who drew attention when he claimed to have studied engineering under Albert Einstein’s grandson, is now in the spotlight for his “unusual wealth,” according to Thai media reports. An anonymous person leaked information showing that the candidate’s assets increased to 245 million baht within one year. The House Anti-Corruption and Misconduct Committee, led by Seripisut Temiyavej, shared that an anonymous person asked the committee to investigate the assets of the candidate from Democrat Party, Suchatvee Suwansawat, starting with the time when he was the rector at King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang. Thai media shared […]

The story Calls for investigation into Bangkok governor candidate’s “unusual wealth” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“unusual wealth”  - an interesting concept. I wonder - what is the definition of that term. I also wonder if the Committee will also investigate members of the current Thailand Government for “unusual wealth”. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

“unusual wealth”  - an interesting concept. I wonder - what is the definition of that term. I also wonder if the Committee will also investigate members of the current Thailand Government for “unusual wealth”. 

I was thinking the same thing as unusual wealth if really looked at would be rampant and perhaps would touch at almost everyone of them in one way or the other going back over time. Well we could exclude folks like Thanathorn, but he was taken out quite fast as a threat.

• Like 1