News Forum - Bangkok airport warns passengers not to travel abroad with more than 30 face masks

Thaiger

Suvarnabhumi Airport is warning passengers not to travel abroad with more than 30 face masks, according to Thai media. Only passengers with medical certifications will be allowed to carry up to 50 maks onboard. No one is allowed to send face masks out of the kingdom except those who have received approval. For those travelling out of the country, face masks will be allowed on board up to 30 pieces per flight only. The face mask will be allowed up to 50 pieces per flight for passengers with a medical document. Anyone who violates the rules will face up to […]

The story Bangkok airport warns passengers not to travel abroad with more than 30 face masks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Apparently masks are a hot commodity. On par with Buddha images leaving the country. The latter losing a few rungs down because of the absurdity of the former 😕

• Haha 2

Most people I meet here in Bkk are wearing the home sewn fabric kind of masks with hello kitty pattern etc-do those masks also count? In that case, there's hardly any shortage of masks in this country!

• Like 1

No one is allowed to send face masks out of the kingdom except those who have received approval

Oh?

Lucky that I didn't know that. And Thai Post didn't , too!

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Suvarnabhumi Airport is warning passengers not to travel abroad with more than 30 face masks, according to Thai media. Only passengers with medical certifications will be allowed to carry up to 50 maks onboard. No one is allowed to send face masks out of the kingdom except those who have received approval. For those travelling out of the country, face masks will be allowed on board up to 30 pieces per flight only. The face mask will be allowed up to 50 pieces per flight for passengers with a medical document. Anyone who violates the rules will face up to […]

The story Bangkok airport warns passengers not to travel abroad with more than 30 face masks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A country that made me spend about 7'000 THB for PCR tests threatens to put me in jail if I take some masks back home? This is absurd. I think, Thailand should look for a new akronym. My contribution is "LoF" (Land of Fines).

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, KataBruce said:

Tim.

The editorial staff are making a few mistakes lately, without fact checking.

Need to crack the wip.

Bruiser in Oz

Err, grammar police here. I think that should be 'whip'. 🤣

This has got to be one of the all-time dumbest things I've ever heard.  Facemasks are available by the billions just about everywhere on the planet and the Thai government is worried about a few leaving Thailand?  I've got a better idea, put that time and energy into educating incoming travelers about actually wearing one while they're here.

Please open your case sir..... ah yes, lets see, handgun, ammunition - 4 magazines, large bag of white powder, 4 million baht... very nice sir...... oh wait, wtf is THIS? A box of 50 face masks?  SECURITY! SECURITY!