News Forum - Phuket officials alarmed by number of tourists testing positive on arrival

Thaiger

I haven’t read anything from those on here stating the obvious. Everyone arriving is fully jabbed, but they are still testing positive. The Pharma companies are running out of propaganda to brainwash the plebs, expunging the benefits of their products. It’s easier to fool someone than to get them to admit they’ve been fooled.

11 hours ago, ctxa said:

The Russians are worse than the Americans when it comes to mask. 

I saw a family of Russians at Doha airport last month, neither of them wore masks and they blatantly ignored the local airport staff telling them to mask up… 

That is until real Qatari police showed up and next I saw them cuffing the father and frisking him. 

Maybe it’s because they don’t work? Russian IQ seems to Trump American IQ. Tell me one country where  mask wearing has made any significant difference? I’ve looked at many countries and concluded that the more stringent the mask conditions, the higher the number of cases

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

I’ve looked at many countries and concluded that the more stringent the mask conditions, the higher the number of cases

That is just categorically false

I mean, come on

You are a grown adult, act like one

That's just a ridiculous, I would say childish, claim on so many levels I am not even going to bother to provide any evidence to refute you because you are so far gone, there is no reason to waste my time

You'd be wrong to say masks don't work, but at least there is a debate to be had there. Well at least I'd listen to people's reasoning on that.

But to say countries that with more stringent mask policies have higher cases is just absurd and a child like assertion

It's embarrassing actually.......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I mean, come on

That's just a ridiculous, I would say childish, claim on so many levels I am not even going to bother to provide any evidence to refute you because you are so far gone, there is no reason to waste my time

You'd be wrong to say masks don't work, but at least there is a debate to be had there. Well at least I'd listen to people's reasoning on that.

But to say countries that with more stringent mask policies have higher cases is just absurd and a child like assertion

When Omicron arrived in France, the mandatory mask wearing outdoors was reintroduced. In January, more than 10 million people were tested positif with omicron in France (the highest number worldwide). It is not mandatory anymore since the 2nd February. So not only it did not have any impact whatsoever, but on the other hand, it continued to do damages on the kids that had to wear it all day long in school (countless kids psychologists and pediatrican are alerting on the very bad impact this mask wearing all day has on young children in France).

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Manu said:

When Omicron arrived in France, the mandatory mask wearing outdoors was reintroduced. In January, more than 10 million people were tested positif with omicron in France (the highest number worldwide). It is not mandatory anymore since the 2nd February. So not only it did not have any impact whatsoever, but on the other hand, it continued to do damages on the kids that had to wear it all day long in school (countless kids psychologists and pediatrican are alerting on the very bad impact this mask wearing all day has on young children in France).

That was not what I replied to though....

And I don't think you should need to wear a mask outdoors unless a real crowded areas

Countless studies have shown it's extremely hard to spread covid in an outdoor setting where people are just passing by each other 

Fortunately where I live the restrictions have been sensible

We still have mask mandates indoors

And vaccine mandates for bars/restaurants 

But have never had an outdoor mask mandate 

By the way, for people that say mask mandates hurts restaurants 

We are trying to find a place we cab actually go tonight  because everywhere is booked 

Edited by Marc26

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

That was not what I replied to though....

And I don't think you should need to wear a mask outdoors unless a real crowded areas

Countless studies have shown it's extremely hard to spread covid in an outdoor setting where people are just passing by each other 

Fortunately where I live the restrictions have been sensible

We still have mask mandates indoors

And vaccine mandates for bars/restaurants 

But have never had an outdoor mask mandate 

By the way, for people that say mask mandates hurts restaurants 

We are trying to find a place we cab actually go tonight  because everywhere is booked 

The evidence, at this point, that masks cannot and do not prevent viral spreads is overwhelming. The mask manufacturers themselves disclaim that the general and intended purpose of the masks are to protect patients with compromised immunity, and/or suffering from current injury, from being infected, contaminated or made otherwise made sick by the treating doctors and nurses.

The fact that you don’t know this outlines your personal ignorance of the subject matter, you clearly take medical advices from news networks and political authority and propaganda. The evidence is now showing, without doubt, that mask cause the wearer to suffer decreased oxygen levels, level below safe OSHA standards, this causes depressed brain and overall physical development in children! 

pretending to refuse discussion with someone because their words seem nonsensical to you, while not properly perusing the facts, only shows your own narrow methodology for discerning truth.

Btw, restaurants are not fully booked because theyre at capacity, theyre fully booked because of new post covid reduced seating allocations! USE YOUR BRAIN, thats why you were given one. Vaxxed people test positive for covid, all media admit that in unison now, vaxxed are host carriers, this is clear now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I mean, come on

Give me some examples please? Also let me know the studies that prove they work? The only study of any note was the Danish one which concluded that the benefit so minimal that it was insignificant. They tried to throw some manipulated studies results out to the public, but they have all been torn apart. The world health organisation said they were of little use right up until the 9th of April 2020, then two days later I changed track. For political reasons. Even doubled down by telling you to wear three masks! COVID-19 particles are 0.12 of a micron in size. Unless  everyone stops breathing they can catch it. Government policy propaganda is to keep repeating things time and time again until the public believe it to be true, despite any lack of evidence. Did you believe the efficacy rates given for these jabs? Did you believe they were safe and effective? All those claims have fallen apart and the last one they are clinging onto is that if you catch Covid you get it less seriously. Check out Israel after 4 jabs, The case numbers, the deaths and the status of those dying and in hospital. You’ll be shocked

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MJay said:

The evidence, at this point, that masks cannot and do not prevent viral spreads is overwhelming. The mask manufacturers themselves disclaim that the general and intended purpose of the masks are to protect patients with compromised immunity, and/or suffering from current injury, from being infected, contaminated or made otherwise made sick by the treating doctors and nurses.

The fact that you don’t know this outlines your personal ignorance of the subject matter, you clearly take medical advices from news networks and political authority and propaganda. The evidence is now showing, without doubt, that mask cause the wearer to suffer decreased oxygen levels, level below safe OSHA standards, this causes depressed brain and overall physical development in children! 

pretending to refuse discussion with someone because their words seem nonsensical to you, while not properly perusing the facts, only shows your own narrow methodology for discerning truth.

Btw, restaurants are not fully booked because theyre at capacity, theyre fully booked because of new post covid reduced seating allocations! USE YOUR BRAIN, thats why you were given one. Vaxxed people test positive for covid, all media admit that in unison now, vaxxed are host carriers, this is clear now.

Nice to see a response is that isn’t falling for constant propaganda being sent our way using our tax money. I’m getting sick of people regurgitating this propaganda as though it’s true. Safe and effective? You want to let it rip? Stops you from getting it and stops you from passing it on? Stops you being hospitalised? Efficacy  rates of 95%?!  All made with no evidence whatsoever and any testing by the Pharma companies paid for and  done by the latter, while those overseeing the testing look the other way

I think restaurants are also busy because they can’t get the staff

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Maybe it’s because they don’t work? Russian IQ seems to Trump American IQ. Tell me one country where  mask wearing has made any significant difference? I’ve looked at many countries and concluded that the more stringent the mask conditions, the higher the number of cases

Then you don’t know how to look at data.

7 minutes ago, ctxa said:

He knows how go look at the data

I refuse to believe a functioning adult got to his age ro 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:47 AM, MrNovax said:

On the other hand, I have not seen any headlines about "alarming numbers" who enter under alternative quarantine.  🤔

How dare you see through the appearance to perceive the essence. hahahaha

CCSA officers saw your comment and will announce suspension of  'test n go' and 'sandbox' to make Thailand a great toursim destination again!!!! Greetings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimAn said:

How dare you see through the appearance to perceive the essence. hahahaha

CCSA officers saw your comment and will announce suspension of  'test n go' and 'sandbox' to make Thailand a great toursim destination again!!!! Greetings

The expert amateurs only know how to stir ****. If you don't know you need to keep it to yourself. This really sounds d like bar talk from those who drink, too  much. Thailand has kept the covid rate low by being proactive and not following Europe.  Masks prevent infected people from spreading the virus. 

The biggest risks are bars and entertainment places where there have been cluster infections. 

Unless you have credentials as and virology, epidemiologist, microbiologist, or infectious disease practionier you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

• Like 2

The reason for high number of positive results suggests departure tests were not a accurate. Thailand is smart to doing there own testing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Tell me one country where  mask wearing has made any significant difference? I’ve looked at many countries and concluded that the more stringent the mask conditions, the higher the number of cases

You can't have looked very hard, or read any of the studies which conclude without exception (and I mean without exception) that mask wearing has a major effect.

I've given plenty of links before, in this thread, and the scientific conclusion is that where there are effective mask mandates they reduce transmission by between 52 and 83%.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, francoa said:

UK, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Ireland, Netherland…and the list goes on.

This is just plain false. Either you have a rich fantasy or else you really may want to switch where you get your news from.

8 hours ago, LoongFred said:

The reason for high number of positive results suggests departure tests were not a accurate. Thailand is smart to doing there own testing. 

Or the alternative, which is that a lot of tests are coming out valid that shouldn't. 

Sad state of the world is that I find both scenarios equally plausible:

- People in Russia and surrounding countries get fake/shoddy tests before travelling . Either to hide an infection or just to save money.

- Tests in Phuket/thailand either being faulty or purposely marked positive to make a lot of money on hospitals/hospitels/insurance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

You can't have looked very hard, or read any of the studies which conclude without exception (and I mean without exception) that mask wearing has a major effect.

I've given plenty of links before, in this thread, and the scientific conclusion is that where there are effective mask mandates they reduce transmission by between 52 and 83%.

They need you in Denmark then to explain how to conduct a scientific study into masks. You can explain why they reduce transmission between 52 and 83% compared to the 2% difference between mask wearing and non-mask wearing groups that was the conclusion of their study. if they reduce transmission by 83% I think we might have seen a massive drop in cases in multiple countries, don’t you?

13 hours ago, ctxa said:

The real data common or what Pharma companies give you? You still need to tell me one country where mask wearing has made a difference?

Just now, Cg66 said:

The real data common or what Pharma companies give you? You still need to tell me one country where mask wearing has made a difference?

What interest could pharma have in mask wearing ffs… 

Even before COVID doctors would wear a mask during surgery, to avoid germs from their mouth making it to the person being operated on, this is the same thing with COVID. If you have COVID and you wear a mask, less or none of the COVID virus particulates will reach me, and if I wear a mask too even less so. 

Hence why nurses, like my mom who work at a COVID plant, and spend the day around COVID infected people never have been infected themselves. Would the same have been possible without the KN95 + surgical mask + face shield? No. 

This is the real data, with no bias from any Pharma. And let I tell you, one doesn’t need to be very bright to understand the way masks works, it’s essentially putting 2 and 2 together. 

You want a country where wearing masks have made a difference, that is a trick questions, because how could we know what would have happened had a certain country not enforced mask wearing? So that’s hard to prove without making a study. But those studies are made in small groups of people, not countrywide, obviously. 

Many of those studies made in “small” groups point to upwards of 80% reduction of COVID infections in the group where people wore masks vs the control group. 

Also, after the UK removed mask mandates, the number of cases skyrocketed, one could argue it’s because of Omicron, but…

4 hours ago, FTF020 said:

Or the alternative, which is that a lot of tests are coming out valid that shouldn't. 

Sad state of the world is that I find both scenarios equally plausible:

- People in Russia and surrounding countries get fake/shoddy tests before travelling . Either to hide an infection or just to save money.

- Tests in Phuket/thailand either being faulty or purposely marked positive to make a lot of money on hospitals/hospitels/insurance.

Your last statement regarding testing in Thailand is absurd. Thailand medical community is first rate and reporting false results is criminal. Of course false positive are possible but not in a significantly high number to change overall number. 

Those that test positive need to know for their own health and should be thankful Thailand is doing a different but credible job.

Shame on you for your off hand and hurtful accusation. 

• Like 1

GUYS - stop arguing with anti-vaxx nutters - that is the troll game they play.

One post a comment and someone replies and off it all goes. 

Dont respond. 

Report. 

• Like 2

Thread locked.

EDIT: Apart from one post without any commentary, the rest may remain though any further discussion re MASKS should be held elsewhere in a more appropriate section, not in News threads about tourist arrivals.

Thank you.

• Like 2