News Forum - Greek tourists robbed in Phuket get 51,000 baht gift from anonymous donor

Thaiger

The Greek family who claims 200,000 baht was stolen from their car in Phuket received a gift of 51,000 baht from an anonymous donor to help them continue their travels. The Facebook page named KNIGHTS BORDER made a post saying an “anonymous kind and beloved brother” donated the money to the family after hearing that hundreds of thousands of baht were stolen from them. Phuket Immigration officers also visited the family and gave them a gift. The family had moved their cash from their hotel room to their car while a maid was cleaning because they thought it might be safer. […]

The story Greek tourists robbed in Phuket get 51,000 baht gift from anonymous donor as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What a waste. Give the money to some one who actually needs it. <deleted content>

Edited by BigHewer
Inappropriate content removed
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Khunj said:

What a waste. Give the money to some one who actually needs it. Not some wogs on a fancy holiday.

If all your money gets stolen on the other side of the world.... Of course you don't need it. 

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

anonymous donor

Ridiculous fabricated story. More likely the "thieves", who ever they might have been, got cold feet and returned the cash....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

I had 250,000 BHT stolen from my car today. 😉

But did you leave it unlocked ... and tell people you were leaving it there?

Well, in that case it's OK so allow me to give you a small gift ... very small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, in that case it's OK so allow me to give you a small gift ... very small.

Well thank you ..... but I was rather hoping for a 'go fund me' page.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Faz said:

Well thank you ..... but I was rather hoping for a 'go fund me' page.

I could 'go fund' some people here, but actually you wouldn't be one of them ...

Let's be a bit more serious..

Unfortunately, when I went passed a local farm today, I saw some Buffaloes in very poor condition. Not enough food, limping & looking quite sick.

So, let's all help out, put your hands in your pockets & donate!

Please pm me for my account details to help these poor creatures of the lord.

Thank you all in advance.

• Haha 2

I got pick pocketed in Pattaya it wasn’t that much about 3000 baht. I had an idea who done it and they were not thai. It was my own fault so I decided to report it to the police so hopefully it wouldn’t happen again. I got a taxi motorcycle to the police station and then I realised I had no money to pay him. The driver came in with me helped me with everything and didn’t want paid. I remembered his number on his jacket and where I got the taxi and went back the following night and gave him 1000 baht for his politeness and helping me. We checked cctv in the bar but it wasn’t available hence I was out of pocket. I was careless that night but the driver gave me faith in humanity by his simple gesture 

• Like 3

I was actually expecting a "donation" to come around, I wasn't expecting it to be anonymous but for a gofundme or fundraiser to be opened.

The whole story doesn't add up and ultimately makes no sense in my opinion.

They say they moved 200k baht to their car because a maid was cleaning their room (how long does that take? an hour or two?) and then forgot to lock the door. This was after telling the hotel that they were going to leave their money in the car...

Or at least that's what I've read.

• Like 1

Very very dangerous to bring cash with in foreign currency whether you have a safe or not. I've been to Thailand 15 times and I've never carry that amount big in my hotel, guest house, cheap charlie room etc..Too many thieves and inside job among hotel staff, that's the reason. The most I can carry cash on is around B3K.

• Like 1

Surprising, I have had a car in Phuket since 2004, it has never been robbed and I don't know anyone else who had had their car robbed either.

It has been on my driveway now since August 2020 (since I did a runner from Thai Covid) and is still untouched as is the empty house.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Greek family who claims 200,000 baht was stolen from their car in Phuket received a gift of 51,000 baht from an anonymous donor to help them continue their travels. The Facebook page named KNIGHTS BORDER made a post saying an “anonymous kind and beloved brother” donated the money to the family after hearing that hundreds of thousands of baht were stolen from them. Phuket Immigration officers also visited the family and gave them a gift. The family had moved their cash from their hotel room to their car while a maid was cleaning because they thought it might be safer. […]

The story Greek tourists robbed in Phuket get 51,000 baht gift from anonymous donor as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only happens in K-drama

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Actually, I suspected something down this line to happen. Seeing that this is a big family the 300K THB cash is plausible. But needless to say that leaving such an amount in an unlocked (!) car is gross stupidity. I would never carry that much cash with me on holidays irrespective of the destination. I somehow suspect that the background of having such a chunk of cash might be that they conveniently "forgot" to bank that money back home in Greece so they didn't have to state it in their income tax declaration.