News Forum - Man severely injured in Bengal tiger attack in Kanchanaburi

Thaiger

A man was severely injured in an attack by a wild Bengal tiger in a Kanchanaburi forest near the Myanmar border last Friday. The 48 year old man was walking from a nearby village to the forest to care for a buffalo when two Bengal tigers started chasing him. Reports say the man ran, but was then faced with a third tiger. It immediately attacked him. He hid in a chump of bamboo, shouted out to chase the tiger away, and threw bamboo sticks at the tiger. He waited around 30 minutes for the tiger to leave the area. He […]

The story Man severely injured in Bengal tiger attack in Kanchanaburi as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Firstly, having been confronted he ran for cover. Hiding among bamboo, probably saved his life. Two good outcomes...one he lived to tell the tale...two, the tigers weren't hunted down and shot for the attack. They are deadly but beautiful animals.

• Like 1

did the tigers had visa or they came illegally across the thai borgder.hoped they had covid jabs.i am sure they still hanging around for their next victim...more like organized thugs...this guy was blessed he got away

• Like 1

Hate to say it even though a person was injured, but I am glad to hear that wildlife is still something here. And the story this guy will get to tell his kids and his grandkids. Wow.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, newman said:

did the tigers had visa or they came illegally across the thai borgder.hoped they had covid jabs.i am sure they still hanging around for their next victim...more like organized thugs...this guy was blessed he got away

I also hope they were wearing their triple masks and had their 9th booster. 

So lucky to have (what's left of) the NHS at my base camp....I wonder if anyone would like to join in and donate the remainder for his hospital bill as that's probably a lot of money to him.

I have no idea how to do this and wonder if The Thaiger would be able to assist with the admin side?

I will pledge 1500Bht.

6 hours ago, Prosaap said:

Wow he see 3 off them so there not so rare then what are the chances and what is the chance he lie but we all know thai people not do that 

I see a lot of jealousy in here lol

Seriously guys-people? Actually this is a story from 3 days ago if I remember correctly. But. who cares,... The guy had a bad-arse OMG situation with wild life, with wild Bengal tigers and he lived.. India has losts, but not here if you look at it. India has too much of everything. : cobra - tigers....