News Forum - Phuket reports higher infection rate in second Covid tests for Test & Go travellers

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, Bangkok said:

No foreigners get home quarantine. Many on YouTube have tested positive without any symptoms whatsoever but are still transferred to hospital hotels which cost them 3 times the normal rate.

It's a scam to exploit covid and force foreigners to spend more money.

Anyone who says otherwise is purposely misleading this community in order to support the government and exploitation of foreigners.

Otherwise. Why should I believe you? Youtube😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

There’s really not enough information about the arrivals to draw any conclusion. We know that most of the positive cases are coming from Russia and Kazakstan. Are they group tours? Are the other people testing positive connected to the first? are they families? Are the people asymptotic?

There’s just not enough information to conclude why they have tested positive and whether they were known to be under risk. 

This also doesn’t prove the system is “working”.  At the moment Thailand doesn’t give pcr tests to Atk positive reports or mild symptoms for the most part. Many thousands more cases would be found of Thailand increased the number of tests and reported the results.

Also why are so many Russians testing positive? Are the original fly tests confirmed?
If any conclusion could be reached, then there would be a difference in testing requirements based on the prevalence from the home country.  

56 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It shouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that if people are infected and unmasked in the confines of a plane they're likely to infect at least a couple of others on the plane - which just happens to be consistent with the numbers here.

And the real figures have been left out ….. as they cannot prove those people on the 5th day did catch it on the flight, why were they not Quarantined as close contacts from all those that were on the same flight as someone proven to have it on the first test ….. no mention of quarantine of close contacts anymore from the flights into Phuket ….  Or any flight for that matter.

More tests... more "cases" less tests, less "cases" its pretty simple folks. Yes... as more tourists come, and unlike the local population, will be rigorously tested, 4 tests, "cases" will of course be rising. One test before coming, two tests before full release, and one test to go home. As more tourists come, its obvious the headline of this article will be correct. No statisticians required. What will be interesting is that final test before going home. How much will that number rise comparatively? You really would be a fool to come to Thailand as a "tourist" right now. Final point, this current scheme is no longer a Test and Go. It is an expanded sandbox model and is going create even more tourist chaos. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
additional
  • Like 4

Exactly.

Omg look how many tourists test positive compared to locals!! Keep the border closed! 

well 100% of tourists are tested whereas what 0.2% or less of locals are tested? Btw I don’t see any of the testing numbers updated since mid-January in English language. Maybe they have been updated on the Thai sites but I don’t know them. 

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

More tests... more "cases" less tests, less "cases" its pretty simple folks. Yes... as more tourists come, and unlike the local population, will be rigorously tested, 4 tests. One test before coming, two tests before full release, and one test to go home. As more tourists come, its obvious the headline of this article will be correct. No statisticians required. What will be interesting is that final test before going home. Will that number rise?

• Like 2

'... at Prof Fenton, “as someone who really valued your lectures at QM (risk and decision making), would you say your policy stance on COVID-19 protocol is primarily influenced by academic findings or personal philosophy regarding individual liberty?”

Prof. Fenton responded, “Alexander asks a very good question which requires a thread to answer.”  So begins his thread in response and the tenth and final tweet in the thread said, “Finally I’ve come to the conclusion that we cannot trust any of the ‘official’ statistics driving the Covid19 narrative.”'

https://dailyexpose.uk/2021/09/03/professor-norman-fenton-we-cannot-trust-any-of-the-official-statistics-driving-the-covid-19-narrative/

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Travelling internationally to a country like Thailand that quarantines tourists who catch Covid from the locals, while 'suppressing' the daily Covid new case numbers, is not a very wise thing to do at the moment.  Wait a while I reckon. 

Exactly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

Very probably why nobody, anywhere, is insisting that or even suggesting it - apart from the occasional poster here insisting that others are insisting it.

It's an inference derived from the insistence on supporting the day 5 test....

12 hours ago, JJJ said:

Also why are so many Russians testing positive? Are the original fly tests confirmed?
If any conclusion could be reached, then there would be a difference in testing requirements based on the prevalence from the home country.  

Russians make up the largest number coming to Thailand, and the majority of Russian travelers go to Phuket (and most of the rest to Hua Hin). 

image.thumb.png.24716eb1efe37d5a502f2ac52ecd9de1.png

13 hours ago, Bangkok said:

No foreigners get home quarantine. Many on YouTube have tested positive without any symptoms whatsoever but are still transferred to hospital hotels which cost them 3 times the normal rate.

It's a scam to exploit covid and force foreigners to spend more money.

Anyone who says otherwise is purposely misleading this community in order to support the government and exploitation of foreigners.

This is the "medical tourism" Thailand wants

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

Otherwise. Why should I believe you? Youtube😄

Hey Poolie - can you send us the links you use to make your claims?  Please dont include anything from TAT or Junta Govt or Health Authority or Hotel Industry because it is 'biased' 😁

By the way - this below is put together by me to enlighten your dark existence in your self-induced fog of the unknown truths. 

Click on that post for the 'full story' and you will get this:

image.thumb.png.c268c1b8fc622f6d3fa0bd03b2b65d13.png

And this is the reason:

US man faces jail in Thailand over hotel review - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54335789

And that is the reason there are so few media stories and youtube posts about those being locked up in Thailand due to testing positive - and many other negative tourism related stories which have been deemed to 'not be in the interests of the Thai People'.  I am not sure, but I reckon that British Journalist will never return to Thailand - that is just a feeling of mine you know - no factual proof can be provided 😉

I truly hope that has enlightened you (and others) to the truth Poolie. 

17 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted my post(s). 

Nothing in what I wrote was intended as travel advice (where did that come from?), and like you, I'm a mindful local who adheres to the guidelines without grumbling and who isn't by default distrustful of what the CCSA outputs (critical at most, but only in the sense that I don't limit myself to the executive summary).

The sub-thread (where I hooked into) was about how you could explain or figure out certain causes and ratios. I took that as a purely intellectual exercise (which is fun), without emotional attachment or political motivation/bias. You say you understand my disappointment but I honestly don't have a clue what it is I could be disappointed about.

In the future don't try to find arbitrary meanings in-between my lines, because all of my content is in the lines themselves and you're likely to mess up again if you forget that.

You totally lost me in your "intellectual argument ". It's not easy to follow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LoongFred said:

You need to present some proof before accusing others. What kind of off quarantine places are you staying at? I'm sure providing quarantine space is costly so it's possible that no rip off in actuality. Of course begpackers and cheap Charlies will object. What about thanking your host for your wellbeing?

Suggest you read his article https://scandasia.com/warning-against-traveling-to-thailand/

14 hours ago, Jayce said:

It's an inference derived from the insistence on supporting the day 5 test....

So it's your view, unsupported by any evidence and contrary to all the clearly stated reasons.

I see. Thank you for making that clear.

11 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Hey Poolie - can you send us the links you use to make your claims?  Please dont include anything from TAT or Junta Govt or Health Authority or Hotel Industry because it is 'biased' 😁

By the way - this below is put together by me to enlighten your dark existence in your self-induced fog of the unknown truths. 

Click on that post for the 'full story' and you will get this:

image.thumb.png.c268c1b8fc622f6d3fa0bd03b2b65d13.png

And this is the reason:

US man faces jail in Thailand over hotel review - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54335789

And that is the reason there are so few media stories and youtube posts about those being locked up in Thailand due to testing positive - and many other negative tourism related stories which have been deemed to 'not be in the interests of the Thai People'.  I am not sure, but I reckon that British Journalist will never return to Thailand - that is just a feeling of mine you know - no factual proof can be provided 😉

I truly hope that has enlightened you (and others) to the truth Poolie. 

9 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Jonathan Miller's Twitter feed and the Times article tell a rather different story from that in the Thaiger - that he wasn't 'forced' into quarantine but chose  to go into quarantine with his girlfriend who had Covid to keep her company, and his complaint was primarily about catching Covid while in quarantine due to the lack of any proper isolation / quarantine and the open uncontrolled partying.

Equally wrong and unacceptable, but just not the story that's given / referenced here.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/where-kafka-meets-hotel-california-just-a-positive-test-away-for-tourists-in-thailand-jpxmklklp

Screenshot_2022-02-04-19-17-55-18.thumb.jpg.e84791978d18ffde8dd1e039f62faa35.jpg

On 2/4/2022 at 12:47 PM, KaptainRob said:

I hope Rob, that the net result of that 'investigation' will be more than the taxi investigation result  - 'The problem is travellers who dont understand how things work here in Phuket'. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:12 PM, Stonker said:

So it's your view, unsupported by any evidence and contrary to all the clearly stated reasons.

I see. Thank you for making that clear.

No it's someone else's absurd view brought clearly into the light by me.