News Forum - US CDC issues Level 4: Very High Risk travel advisory for the Philippines

Thaiger

Although the Philippines is set to reopen its doors to fully vaccinated international visitors this month, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention of the US is advising its citizens not to travel to the Southeast Asian country due to a “very high level” of Covid-19 infections. The CDC released a statement that those planning to go to the Philippines may still be at risk of infection with the virus even if their vaccinations are up to date and urged to be vaccinated properly. The Philippines is one of around 130 countries and territories with a “Level Four: Very High” […]

The story US CDC issues Level 4: Very High Risk travel advisory for the Philippines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:
This criticisms/warning aimed at PI could equally well apply to USA

Quite, whatever colour they want to paint it it's still a heavily diseased country with almost 900,000 dead. 

• Like 1

So now the the same CDC that said 70% of the population getting 2 jabs outta fix everything is telling us that even when fully vaxxed with 3 jabs we need stop living our lives?  I'll take my chances thanks.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 3

Well it sounds like the Thaiger is 'Sprooking' the reopening of Thailand? There's nothing like a good 'grim reeper' headline to scare people off!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TorontoJeff said:

if there's any country people should avoid,  it's the US.

I've been doing that long before covid and certainly won't stop now.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

Well Thailand {according to reports on the internet)  has <deleted content> deaths a year due to flu , nobody has been shouting about that from the roof tops . wonder why ?

Edited by BigHewer
Misinformation removed
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Although the Philippines is set to reopen its doors to fully vaccinated international visitors this month, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention of the US is advising its citizens not to travel to the Southeast Asian country due to a “very high level” of Covid-19 infections. The CDC released a statement that those planning to go to the Philippines may still be at risk of infection with the virus even if their vaccinations are up to date and urged to be vaccinated properly.

Which country is number 1 in total infections and death? Why not tidy your own backyard 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sprez33 said:

No one puts any weight on these CDC travel advisories.   Surprised The Thaiger even posted it.

Insurance copies do - it will automatically negate most travel insurance policies issued in the US.

One post has been edited to remove misinformation. Members are encouraged when quoting numbers, especially when linking numbers to an opinion, to check sources and post a link where applicable.

Regards,

13 hours ago, samiam123 said:

So now the the same CDC that said 70% of the population getting 2 jabs outta fix everything is telling us that even when fully vaxxed with 3 jabs we need stop living our lives?  I'll take my chances thanks.

the CDC is worthless....and Fauci has no credibility.

US CDC issues Level 4: Very High Risk travel advisory for the Philippines

Is the USA the country with over 800,000 infections a day? So far, the Philippines does not exceed 35.000 infections a day.

15 hours ago, samiam123 said:

Maybe because USA hasn’t achieved 70% fully vaccinated yet?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=USA

They just won't let go of their power trip will they?

C19 is now reduced to the equivalent of a bad cold at worst for the vaccinated.Let's be allowed to get on with life.

Well done PI!

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Insurance copies do - it will automatically negate most travel insurance policies issued in the US.

You could argue that the biggest risk to  vaccinated travelers without underlying health problems at the moment is to their wallet. As long as airlines and destination countries require preflight tests the risk of unscheduled forced changes to your plans has to be high and potentially expensive especially if you are constrained by work.

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

You could argue that the biggest risk to  vaccinated travelers without underlying health problems at the moment is to their wallet. As long as airlines and destination countries require preflight tests the risk of unscheduled forced changes to your plans has to be high and potentially expensive especially if you are constrained by work.

I couldn't agree more, but if travelling it would be the 'post-flight' checks that would worry me most.

If the Philippines get an influx of Russian or Kazakh tourists who prefer taking their chances in the Philippines with not getting tests here, and who don't wear masks on the flight let alone wherever they go, I have to be honest and say 'good luck' 😕.

Edit: sorry about the typo in my previous post - 'copies' for 'companies'.

17 hours ago, Stonker said:

I couldn't agree more, but if travelling it would be the 'post-flight' checks that would worry me most.

If the Philippines get an influx of Russian or Kazakh tourists who prefer taking their chances in the Philippines with not getting tests here, and who don't wear masks on the flight let alone wherever they go, I have to be honest and say 'good luck' 😕.

Edit: sorry about the typo in my previous post - 'copies' for 'companies'.

I agree. The post flight tests coming into Thailand expose you to the risk of being stuck in quarantine etc but your pre flight test for your return flight could have a serious impact if you need to get home for work for example. As I have said before I would suggest that people should plan for the worst case and if that outcome has unacceptable consequences don’t travel. The world isn’t a travel friendly place yet so people who want to travel need to carefully understand the risks before making a decision. I think that one impact that people might not be aware of is the need to quarantine if your traveling companion tests positive. I doubt any insurance policy covers that.