News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thai government approves 10 year visa program

Thaiger

The 10-year visa scheme for wealthy foreigners and skilled professionals was approved in principle by the Thai Cabinet, targeting foreign investors, highly-skilled professionals and wealthy retirees. Experts say the 10-year visa scheme for wealthy foreigners and skilled professionals should help fill the country’s anticipated shortage of digital workforce talent and boost the Thai economy. Chairman of the Federation of Thai Industries, Supant Mongkolsuthree, told reporters that engineers and IT experts should be given priority when applying for the new long-stay visa scheme. And according to managing director at Krungsri Finnovate under the Bank of Ayudhya แซม ตันสกุล, the visa scheme […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thai government approves 10 year visa program as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just now, Dragan said:

What about digital nomads, they were in the same category a few days ago?

I have lost track of how many 10-year visa programs have been announced now. The only thing that is actually lacking is, a visa, and any actual program.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The 10-year visa scheme for wealthy foreigners and skilled professionals was approved in principle by the Thai Cabinet, targeting foreign investors, highly-skilled professionals and wealthy retirees. Experts say the 10-year visa scheme for wealthy foreigners and skilled professionals should help fill the country’s anticipated shortage of digital workforce talent and boost the Thai economy. Chairman of the Federation of Thai Industries, Supant Mongkolsuthree, told reporters that engineers and IT experts should be given priority when applying for the new long-stay visa scheme. And according to managing director at Krungsri Finnovate under the Bank of Ayudhya แซม ตันสกุล, the visa scheme […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thai government approves 10 year visa program as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great news....

My opinion is that wealthy people (presuming they would even want to live in THA) and highly skilled IT labor (presuming they are willing to work for much less money in THA) are not going to to be interested in renting for 10 years. You need to allow these types to buy and own real estate / land, or any half baked visa scheme is just that, half baked.

• Like 1

Cabra. You posted the same opinion yesterday. I run a crypto consultancy in THA. Since our clients are global, I can pay my employees the same as they would earn in Europe and their cost of living is considerably less.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Cabra. You posted the same opinion yesterday. I run a crypto consultancy in THA. Since our clients are global, I can pay my employees the same as they would earn in Europe and their cost of living is considerably less.

You may be missing the point. They are trying to attracted skilled labor to fill the labor shortage here (within THA Companies). As you described It, you are a digital nomad working from THA, but working with clients outside THA that can pay your elevated billing rates. I have worked in tier 1 professional services (my line of service was Cyber Security) for over 25 years (retired in 2021), and I know what companies in THA (and Asia generally) will pay for services vs. a company in the US or western EU. Moreover, there is not a single managing director or partner in any large firm (that I'm aware of) that will leave their job in the US to take a paycut to work in THA (if all they are doing is serving THA clients). Maybe Singapore or HK, bit that's a different story. As an entrepreneur, it sounds like you have done well. But if any of your clients are THA companies, I would find it incredibly hard to believe they are paying western billing rates.