News Forum - Thailand to introduce a registration application for small growers of cannabis

Thaiger

For those who want to grow cannabis, Thailand might soon have a smartphone application for those who wish to register. Thailand’s Public Health Minister, who has been actively touting the health benefits of CBD and pushing for laws to loosen around the once-criminalised plant, says small growers will soon be able to register on an application and then officials would visit the garden or farm for an inspection. The minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, who is also the deputy PM and leader of the Bhumjaithai Party, says they don’t want registration to be difficult. Reports don’t mention if expats are eligible to […]

The story Thailand to introduce a registration application for small growers of cannabis as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Answer...because they want to keep producing it. The next thing to come will be a crackdown on those who aren't registered growers.

There is no real market here except the black market. Small growers are already growing. There is no incentive for them to grow legally until there is a legal market (for high quality weed - which the government is against). I don't see anyone lining up to register. And authorities have no way of forcing small grows to register because they have no idea who the small growers are.

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

There is no real market here except the black market. Small growers are already growing. There is no incentive for them to grow legally until there is a legal market (for high quality weed - which the government is against). I don't see anyone lining up to register. And authorities have no way of forcing small grows to register because they have no idea who the small growers are.

By being legal they could likely grow better product?

I honestly wouldn't even consider the stuff I've had in Thailand as real weed, it's all been that awful 

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By being legal they could likely grow better product?

I honestly wouldn't even consider the stuff I've had in Thailand as real weed, it's all been that awful 

The Thai stick of the 70 and 80s was decent. What you find now is mostly dirt weed. Good Thai sativa strains are out there, and at 20% THC levels, but from "professional" growers