News Forum - Test & Go website crashes on 1st day I GMT

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed tourism businesses in Pattaya to prepare a travel roadshow, authorities have slapped the Phuket taxi driver, who is accused of overcharging a passenger, with a 2,000 baht fine and have ordered him to go through etiquette training, authorities are warning the public that Thailand’s face mask mandate is still in effect with a maximum fine of 20,000 baht for not wearing an appropriate mask in a public place to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

The story Test & Go website crashes on 1st day I GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hi Thaiger, do we know if there has been any test and go passes issued so far? I have just applied on Tuesday, then had to reapply on Wednesday due to the system crashing((( I'm due to fly on Monday and was hoping the system is working ok now? Thanks in advance, BB

Myself and my partner had registered on Thailand Pass before the 1st February for a Sandbox entry and my application was approved very quickly and was received on the 31st January but my partners initially showed its status as "Reviewing" suddenly changed to "Information Not Found" by early Wednesday Thailand time after the Test & Go Mk2 scheme opened and remained like that ever since. Interestingly despite having received my QR code the Thailand Pass website did not recognise my Access Code either after what i assume was a major system crash... 

After calling Thailand Pass and being on hold for 1.5 hours in the middle of the UK night time, we were told there was a technical problem but NOT that the application had been lost, but instead advised to call the Ministry of Public Health... needless to say their phone line was permanently engaged as were most of the Thailand Pass call centre numbers and the Phuket Contact Centre's. 

My partner has since been forced to reapply but it seems likely it will be too late for our travel date. We are supposed to travel on Monday 7th and due to time for pre-flight PCR testing and travel to London for our flight, we will probably have to cancel our whole trip on Saturday 5th or at the very least re-schedule it all at a very significant cost running into £thousands... I am a hardcore traveller and used to travel 2 weeks of every month but have never seen such a disastrous system...!! 

I can only say that if Thailand wants tourists back, it will have to change this crazy, way too complex system and de-couple the vaccination status and testing side from the hotel bookings... requiring people to prepay for flights, hotels, sealed transfers and PCR tests before they find out they are allowed into Thailand is just too expensive and financially risky with this level of bureaucracy and computer mayhem...!! 

Good luck to everyone still trying...