News Forum - Thailand News Today | Tourism sector frustrated over reopening policies

Thaiger

Is  approx approx18 months \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\i chiang MAii pend ,  each years vising ny ap0t3d duaghter,  (tThai by birth) WHO FEELS THE TESTING HS been shambolic. I nChiang Mai, it has been a joke.When we see Anutin submit realistic figures lottery numbers.

Check this out....

<removed link>

I recently flew into Thailand after having a negative pcr test at Heathrow and on my insistence another one in dubai as I stopped there for 2 days.
On arrival in Bangkok I was taken by minibus first to a local hospital for another pcr test then back to my one night quarantine Hotel.
Result, positive covid test.
Next day I was taken by ambulance to a very run down hotel (vismaya hotel), this 600bht a night hotel turns out one I have stayed before.
I stayed there confined to room for 5 nights then allowed to resume my journey to hua him,
The cost for nothing more than a room and 3 meals a day served in plastic takeaway container totaled 116,336thb.
Get this 59,400 for medical supplies!.
My travel insurance I took out was useless and fortunately I remembered I had the barclays travel pack who came to my aid and notified me yesterday the costs would be paid into my account this week.
So I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the downside of test and go?

Source: 

FG's.
Links to other ASEAN forums is not permitted nor discussion of any other forum, its format or staff. An exception may only be allowed for a reference within a new member’s first post in their introduction.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Metoo said:

Check this out....

<removed link>

I recently flew into Thailand after having a negative pcr test at Heathrow and on my insistence another one in dubai as I stopped there for 2 days.
On arrival in Bangkok I was taken by minibus first to a local hospital for another pcr test then back to my one night quarantine Hotel.
Result, positive covid test.
Next day I was taken by ambulance to a very run down hotel (vismaya hotel), this 600bht a night hotel turns out one I have stayed before.
I stayed there confined to room for 5 nights then allowed to resume my journey to hua him,
The cost for nothing more than a room and 3 meals a day served in plastic takeaway container totaled 116,336thb.
Get this 59,400 for medical supplies!.
My travel insurance I took out was useless and fortunately I remembered I had the barclays travel pack who came to my aid and notified me yesterday the costs would be paid into my account this week.
So I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the downside of test and go?

Source: 

FG's.
Links to other ASEAN forums is not permitted nor discussion of any other forum, its format or staff. An exception may only be allowed for a reference within a new member’s first post in their introduction.

Thanks for sharing this, well, folks, that will happen to you if keep on going to Thailand, they will rip you off, scam you & end up nothing.

14 hours ago, Guevara said:

Agreed Cabra but the Thai Government take it to scamming levels. Chan-o-cha and his flunkies have the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. The average Thai simply trying to make a living and keep their heads above water are an irrelevance to the Kingdom of Thailand's Government. I just wonder what the late Monarch, King Bhumibol would make of this?

Don't forget to include that chicken little piece of s**t Anutin.

There seems to be a fair number of whiners and moaners commenting on difficulties with Thai immigration requirement during covid. Of course there were also whiners and moaners precovid as well. It make me think a something I learned in management training classes. It was that it's much easier to complain than to compliment.  In fact people are 10x more likely to complain vs saying something nice (same service). So it's best to look at the whiners carefully and not overreact. I guess it the nature of some people to whine about everything. It doesn't take a lot of effort and makes them feel heard.