News Forum - Investigation continues after motorbike plummets off Chon Buri overpass

Thaiger

Police in Chon Buri are continuing their investigation to determine the cause of an incident on an overpass in the Klong Tamru sub-district last weekend where a motorbike rider was seriously injured after his bike plummeted off the 10 metre structure, according to The Pattaya News. The incident was reported to emergency responders by a 35 year old witness who claimed they found the wrecked motorbike lying on the road under the overpass. They reported that the driver was seriously hurt, but alive, lying on the pavement beneath the overpass. “I immediately called law enforcement and medical services for assistance.” […]

The story Investigation continues after motorbike plummets off Chon Buri overpass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Usually this is a result of the motorcyclist driving too fast or a vehicle (car or truck) pushing them off the road. Thai drivers seem to think that motorcycles don't have a right to the road. They try to push you over from the back or pull up beside you and push you to the side of the road from the side. Had this happen to me just today. I was in slow traffic following a car on my motorcycle and a  pick up truck run right up on my back end and started honking their horn. There was nowhere to go in front of me. It's stupidity and arrogance.

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Got to say, I did laugh at this.  Not nice I know, but that's living in Thailand for you,

this one does seem to happen a lot lol

1 hour ago, Blogosopher said:

Usually this is a result of the motorcyclist driving too fast or a vehicle (car or truck) pushing them off the road. Thai drivers seem to think that motorcycles don't have a right to the road. They try to push you over from the back or pull up beside you and push you to the side of the road from the side. Had this happen to me just today. I was in slow traffic following a car on my motorcycle and a  pick up truck run right up on my back end and started honking their horn. There was nowhere to go in front of me. It's stupidity and arrogance.

The last one I can remember it was just a case of the lady being **** drunk.

Other common causes include texting while riding overpass.

Still yes, a decent amount of car drivers are out to kill us.