News Forum - Single Singaporeans ‘rent’ themselves out as dates on TikTok for Lunar New Year celebrations

Thaiger

In what appears to be a meme, Singaporean men have been ‘renting’ themselves out as dates on TikTik to help single young ladies avoid embarrassing relationship-status questions from relatives at family gatherings for Chinese New Year. One such TikToker is Wayne Chia, a Singaporean of Chinese descent. He posted a video of himself posing in a red suit behind a message stating what renters will get for S$50 — or about US$37 — per day. The cheeky comedian flaunted his suitor skillset with the following message: hi I’m available for rent for cny for just $50/day i can -pose as […]

The story Single Singaporeans ‘rent’ themselves out as dates on TikTok for Lunar New Year celebrations as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

48 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

hi I’m available for rent for cny for just $50/day ... I can drive you around to
bainian ...

1,200 baht ... hmmm ... cheap if that includes the car ...😲

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Impossible to include the car. Do you know that SG is one of the most expensive place in the world to own a car and gas prices are also among the most expensive?

34 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Impossible to include the car. Do you know that SG is one of the most expensive place in the world to own a car and gas prices are also among the most expensive?

But he still has the car. Charging her for the parking fees, that  would be a must ;-)

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Singaporean men have been ‘renting’ themselves out as dates

What's the point in renting? A whole box isn't expensive:
Dates.thumb.jpg.205dcf4394438babf6cdace4a74c0790.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

Yes 🙄

1 hour ago, Stonker said:
2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

hi I’m available for rent for cny for just $50/day ... I can drive you around to
bainian ...

1,200 baht? . . . your source for this statement, please Stonker.

35 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

1,200 baht? . . . your source for this statement, please Stonker.

My ever active imagination ...

... or maybe Screenshot_2022-02-01-14-30-48-82.thumb.jpg.80c2fb80a5c7b5b58edca06e1bc36a9c.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

My ever active imagination ...

... or maybe Screenshot_2022-02-01-14-30-48-82.thumb.jpg.80c2fb80a5c7b5b58edca06e1bc36a9c.jpg

Thanks for speedy response, but better if you'd used the S$ Singapore dollar symbol in the first place.

They jokingly call it a meme, but I wonder how many of these guys will still be single after CNY. They probably really do want to find partners as much as all the single ladies who are just waiting to ask them out on a date. They're just too shy to make a move under normal circumstances. Call a tiger and tiger.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Thanks for speedy response, but better if you'd used the S$ Singapore dollar symbol in the first place.

Not up to me - I quoted the article which quoted the TikToker.

Singaporeans, Hong Kongers, Aussies and everyone else I've come across in their own countries just says (or writes) dollars ($) about their own currency.

23 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

They jokingly call it a meme, but I wonder how many of these guys will still be single after CNY. They probably really do want to find partners as much as all the single ladies who are just waiting to ask them out on a date. They're just too shy to make a move under normal circumstances. Call a tiger and tiger.

There is not enough short time hotels (or curtain motels) in SG

On 2/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, Noble_Design said:

bicycle perhaps