News Forum - Wordle sold to New York Times with millions of daily players 4 months after launch

Thaiger

An internet word game that sky-rocketed in popularity just months after it was launched has been sold to the New York Times. According to an AFP report, Wordle, which was unleashed on the world last October, has been sold for an undisclosed sum, believed to be “in the low 7 figures”. The New York Times released a statement yesterday to confirm the purchase, with Jonathan Knight, general manager of New York Times Games, praising the game’s ability to garner such a huge following in a short space of time. Following its October launch, Wordle had around 900 players by early […]

The story Wordle sold to New York Times with millions of daily players 4 months after launch as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Wordle is more addictive than Crack Cocaine, and more fun.

It is five minutes a day, but I am on a 19 games in a row winning streak and can't imagine not having it.

If there is a GOD, please don't screw up my Wordle; I'll even go to the Temple on occasion if you leave it alone.

Edited by Shade_Wilder
  • Like 1

Wordle is a fun departure. Many of my friends like it as well. I particularly like the fact that there’s no advertising whatsoever to distract you. If NYT adds advertising, then I’ll likely stop playing. 

• 8 months later...