News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thailand to open borders to all countries (terms and conditions apply)

Thaiger

Starting February 1st, Thailand opens its borders tomorrow to all countries. Terms and conditions apply. Meanwhile, Pattaya Walking street plans to open in time for a US military exercise, and a Thai tourist exposes Phuket’s notorious taxi fares. You’re watching Thailand News Today, bringing you the top headlines in Thailand and beyond. And in our first story, Thailand’s Test & Go entry scheme returns tomorrow after a short hiatus. This time, it is open to travelers from every country in the world. However, travelers will now have to take not 1, not 2, but 3 PCR tests in order to […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thailand to open borders to all countries (terms and conditions apply) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, totes said:

3 covid tests, continuing taxi scams, risk 10 day quarantine/scheme in overpriced hotel, no bars / clubs open - welcome to Thailand 🇹🇭 🤷‍♂️ 

They surely know how to entice tourists - to go elsewhere.

I feel sorry for all those whose livelyhoods depend on tourists - directly or indirectly.

• Like 3

Ironic really, the Thai Govt is desperate to get rid of the single male “sexpat” tourist, by trying to portray Thailand as a family friendly high class tourist destination . But by making  it so expensive and complicated for the average family (testing fees, insurance extra hotel bills etc ...up to B50,000 per family) the only people who can afford to come now are single male tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, totes said:

3 covid tests, continuing taxi scams, risk 10 day quarantine/scheme in overpriced hotel, no bars / clubs open - welcome to Thailand 🇹🇭 🤷‍♂️ 

yet you still so obsessed with Thailand you are on a Thai forum bitching about it........when you could go to many other places

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CharlesW said:

Ironic really, the Thai Govt is desperate to get rid of the single male “sexpat” tourist, by trying to portray Thailand as a family friendly high class tourist destination . But by making  it so expensive and complicated for the average family (testing fees, insurance extra hotel bills etc ...up to B50,000 per family) the only people who can afford to come now are single male tourists.

How much do you think it costs to take the average family away for a week?

50k baht is cheap!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CharlesW said:

Dont exxpect they understand that. they are   in a " area" of wishfull thinking      - 50% are signel males there if they are banned bye thailand -  and what about the girls who bring money back home to their poor ones in Issan ? no education what can they do to survive ?  that goverment dont care even if they starte to dead. .   the thing is that these " bad people " who work in the night entertiament industri  bars .- nightclubs - restaurnat  present a place where there arem any friendships.   I personly meet many nice people there  and had good relations,    the poor ones are often the nicest people you can meet.. 

17 minutes ago, CharlesW said:

3 hours ago, Fundok said:

They surely know how to entice tourists - to go elsewhere.

I feel sorry for all those whose livelyhoods depend on tourists - directly or indirectly.

as long as they dont understand that - let them sink deeper..  there are neighoburing countries who are more welcoming to us, ,    

• Like 2

The Feb 1 opening will make it much easier for family reunification and for business activity. This is priority.

As Omicron wave subsides, the government will  adjust its admission policy. One step at a time. Another month will not change anything. Thailand is watching data coming from vaccinated countries in EU and Canada to map impact of full opening. Spain & Canada report crested infections and other EU countries with high vaccination rates are making data release too. 

What will be, will be.

There are other places in the world more welcoming. 

At the end of the day it's sad for me to say after 36 years:

Not my country, not my people and not my problem.

I can take my money,  great or small, anywhere, and I don't have to beg people to let me spend it. 

If the Thai's don't want it, no skin off my nose. 

My guess is however, that once the Feb 1 re- opening goes pear shaped, they will come up with a way to "save face" and gradually  drop all the nonsense, in time for the beginning of 2022/23 high season. HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE.

• Like 1

Mark26, don’t you understand this is an EXTRA B50,000 plus charge on top of the cost of a family holiday. What “normal” country rips off it’s visitors with such an extortionate charge ? They’ve been vaccinated... just let them in, no testing no rip off insurance no ridiculous complicated online form filling or overpriced pre-booked hotels.

• Like 3

well,i had been staying in thailand 6 months each year for over 18 years.i always spend around 800,000 baht each trip.but im done,not coming back until these stupid rules are dropped.even getting a visa is a total pain in the a-- ,trying to download all that crap and booking,all paid up front.its not worth the hassel.think ill go to south america ,maybe costa rica as its nice with out all the b/s. chock dee to all and happy new year!!

18 minutes ago, farang said:

well,i had been staying in thailand 6 months each year for over 18 years.i always spend around 800,000 baht each trip.but im done,not coming back until these stupid rules are dropped.even getting a visa is a total pain in the a-- ,trying to download all that crap and booking,all paid up front.its not worth the hassel.think ill go to south america ,maybe costa rica as its nice with out all the b/s. chock dee to all and happy new year!!

Have a nice time won't you. 😃

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, farang said:

What did you do last year? Also, how did you handle visas for a 6  month stay? 

BTW the bs is for your and the Thai people's protection. I'm  from the US and won't go home until it's safe. So far too many negatives.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Have a nice time won't you. 😃

Indeed. 

I struggle to comprehend this mind set of posting on this type of forum just for the intentions of whinging on about being finished with Thailand and moving on to more accommodating locales. Frankly, no one gives a rat's arse about this redundant bitching. 

9 hours ago, CharlesW said:

Mark26, don’t you understand this is an EXTRA B50,000 plus charge on top of the cost of a family holiday. What “normal” country rips off it’s visitors with such an extortionate charge ? They’ve been vaccinated... just let them in, no testing no rip off insurance no ridiculous complicated online form filling or overpriced pre-booked hotels.

I think it's 50k baht medical insurance not 50k baht cost. You also need to stay somewhere so a ćouple of nights in a SHA approved hotel is probably a wash, unless you're backpacking.

11 hours ago, Bifrost said:

Dont exxpect they understand that. they are   in a " area" of wishfull thinking      - 50% are signel males there if they are banned bye thailand -  and what about the girls who bring money back home to their poor ones in Issan ? no education what can they do to survive ?  that goverment dont care even if they starte to dead. .   the thing is that these " bad people " who work in the night entertiament industri  bars .- nightclubs - restaurnat  present a place where there arem any friendships.   I personly meet many nice people there  and had good relations,    the poor ones are often the nicest people you can meet.. 

You've bought the bar girl story about sending money home to support the family and treat the sick buffalo. If this were true Issan would be wealthy. The majority of the working girls are good time girls who spend everything. The ones sending money home are the ones working hard in factories and leading respectable lives.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bifrost said:

Thailand is no longer interested in low end or sexpat tourists. The covid epidemic has been a sliver lined cloud and helped reduce many of businesses that cater to such. 

Thailand seems to be headed to a more prosperity and these industries don't fit in. Sure they still be found in back alleys like they are everywhere but times are changing.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rain said:

Indeed. 

I struggle to comprehend this mind set of posting on this type of forum just for the intentions of whinging on about being finished with Thailand and moving on to more accommodating locales. Frankly, no one gives a rat's arse about this redundant bitching. 

I find it amusing that no-one is going to find a nirvana anywhere else with the mindset they present here. Let's call it 'glass half empty' syndrome. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:04 PM, CharlesW said:

I am talking of pre-covid times...........

The single male sexpat is almost extinct in Phuket, most tourists are couples, families or mixed groups, 90% of the bars have gone and it is a much nicer place than it was twenty years ago.

We the non-sexpats also want the sexpats ousted.

I was in Pattaya for a day in 2019 and it is still a seedy place, an afternoon there was enough, lets hope all the sexpats stay there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Thailand is no longer interested in low end or sexpat tourists. The covid epidemic has been a sliver lined cloud and helped reduce many of businesses that cater to such. 

Thailand seems to be headed to a more prosperity and these industries don't fit in. Sure they still be found in back alleys like they are everywhere but times are changing.

My goodness, I am going to have to shoot myself, I actually agree with you on this one, there is a first time for everything. 😆

12 hours ago, LoongFred said:

You've bought the bar girl story about sending money home to support the family and treat the sick buffalo. If this were true Issan would be wealthy. The majority of the working girls are good time girls who spend everything. The ones sending money home are the ones working hard in factories and leading respectable lives.

The Issan bar girls are very lucky though as they have hundreds of parents each.

It must be true as they regularly tell their new two week boyfriends about the death of their parents while they cry, "I need money pay for funeral".

A friend who owned a restaurant told me of three farangs sitting in the same large bar a few streets away from him, all had by chance turned up to see the same girl and all had been told secretly she had gone back to Issan as mum and dad were sick.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:56 PM, LoongFred said:

Just now, Marc26 said:
On 1/31/2022 at 10:56 PM, LoongFred said:

Expand  

How would you know what the BG's do with their money if you haven't been involved in the scene?

You don't know many, so all you are doing is making ignorant assumptions about people you don't know personally 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:08 PM, totes said: