News Forum - Chinese buyers dominated Thailand real estate market in 2021

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

No I wont, and indeed haven't been in the past. None of the above applies.

Let me ask a simple question. How do they do it then?

I read that rich Chinese are buying up a lot of very expensive high end Swiss watches. Perhaps it's possible to wear one or two 15M baht Patek Phillipe 5712 Gold getting out of the country and then selling them?

1 minute ago, Noble_Design said:

I read that rich Chinese are buying up a lot of very expensive high end Swiss watches. Perhaps it's possible to wear one or two 15M baht Patek Phillipe 5712 Gold getting out of the country and then selling them?

Again, very possible.

3 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So there's a big chance I'll get a Chinese neighbor...? Better rent.

More than likely you will be renting from a Chinese owner

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, TimAn said:

It's called Ideological and moral lesson. Its main function is trained you as they want mentally. There are many courses during the 4 years in university. Maoism, Marxism, Deng Xiao Ping ideology, 3 representative of CCP,Scientific Outlook on Development. Furthermore, you have to take it if you want to pass the entrance exam in master-degree program, and, if you want to work in local authorities or state enterprises. So I guess it can explain a little confuse for you guys.

Luckily I did not take the toxic useless BT seriously because of my wise parents. I left China when I was 18 and studied in EU. For god's sake I can't imagine how I would become If I studied in CN University. 

<Chinese content deleted - English only please>

What makes you think that there's a real estate bubble in either Thailand or China? And do you own properties in either of those places then? 

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

8 hours ago, ctxa said:

<Chinese content deleted - English only please>

What makes you think that there's a real estate bubble in either Thailand or China? And do you own properties in either of those places then? 

1. Yes I own properties in both countries.

2. I did not mention bubbles in thai real estate.

3. Learn what currency anchor is and ‘The Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets’ then come to talk with me,I would like to tell you anchor of RMB and why I think so

19 hours ago, TimAn said:

Most of chinese ppl are just normal like everyone from EU or North America. Most of them were bluffed by the Chinese agencies that Thai real estate is same as Chinese bubble real estate, as "you buy it, you can easily get 10% profit each year and easy to resell it all the time". Except some of rich businessman and corrupted government official who wants to transfer assets overseas. after all, the CN government takes the strictest rules for foreign currency rules which is 50,000 USD/ Year/Person.

I would have to agree,"mostly" from someone who worked in China for 6 years . 

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Why would the Chinese choose Thailand? 

Well geographically wise Thailand is not far from China, just 2-3 hrs flight away.

Culturally quite similar since there are already Chinese people established here since a few hundred years ago.

Easy to do business, agreeable weather, somewhat OK infrastructure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TimAn said:

1. Yes I own properties in both countries.

2. I did not mention bubbles in thai real estate.

3. Learn what currency anchor is and ‘The Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets’ then come to talk with me,I would like to tell you anchor of RMB and why I think so

Well, I too agree there is a huge real estate bubble in China. But that doesn’t mean that if you play your game wisely you can’t make tons of money. 

Certainly more than in Thailand, as specially if you bought properties pre COVID, you are extremely screwed right now as it’s difficult to sell, and people expect you to rent for peanuts. 

You’re trying to say the RMB is an anchor currency in the ASEAN region? Well, that is a theory supported by many. 

But I don’t really pay attention to those things, cuz to me the USD, the Euro, the Sterling, or the RMB for that matter, are very dangerous assets which IMO are worth nothing, only backed by hot air, and someday could depreciate enormously. 

2 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Well, I too agree there is a huge real estate bubble in China. But that doesn’t mean that if you play your game wisely you can’t make tons of money. 

Certainly more than in Thailand, as specially if you bought properties pre COVID, you are extremely screwed right now as it’s difficult to sell, and people expect you to rent for peanuts. 

You’re trying to say the RMB is an anchor currency in the ASEAN region? Well, that is a theory supported by many. 

But I don’t really pay attention to those things, cuz to me the USD, the Euro, the Sterling, or the RMB for that matter, are very dangerous assets which IMO are worth nothing, only backed by hot air, and someday could depreciate enormously. 

Surely the RMB being tied to the dollar gives it some protection? It's been higher by some 12% I agree but it cant fall that far?

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Surely the RMB being tied to the dollar gives it some protection? It's been higher by some 12% I agree but it cant fall that far?

What makes you think the dollar is any different to the RMB? 

The USD is backed by nothing again, its value is pure speculation, and the feds printing more and more currency non stop can only make it worse. 

One could argue the USD is backed by the US Army (strongest army in the world). And I agree with this, hence why I always keep some emergency cash in USD around. 

But still not enough, the backing of the US Army is not enough for me to trust that currency so as to keep my savings in it. Gold, houses, lands, everything seems like much better assets than currencies. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ctxa said:

What makes you think the dollar is any different to the RMB? 

The USD is backed by nothing again, its value is pure speculation, and the feds printing more and more currency non stop can only make it worse. 

One could argue the USD is backed by the US Army (strongest army in the world). And I agree with this, hence why I always keep some emergency cash in USD around. 

But still not enough, the backing of the US Army is not enough for me to trust that currency so as to keep my savings in it. Gold, houses, lands, everything seems like much better assets than currencies. 

Fair comment. To  certain extent, I agree. I do think that something earth shifting will happen eventually.

1 hour ago, ctxa said:

Last time I answer the topic with you.

First of all, I did say Chinese real estate bubbles and all contents quoted from the Chinese Agents try to bullshiting the Chinese buyers. In my point of view, Thailand real estate market healthier than CN's.

After 2008, CN and US reached tacit understanding to solve huge influence of the Subprime mortgage crisis. By that time, RMB's anchor became 2 things, USD and Land , a time bomb was planted. After that year, together with many factors together(such as Beijing Olympic and Honeymoon with US), Chinese real estate started boosted magically, and yet became the only engine for CN's Economy. As we all know from the history of Japan in late 80's, anyway the bomb will be exploded. CCP tried to address the problem but unfortunately COVID-19 comes. It just speeded the process up. With the reunion of EVERGRADE groups and High debt ratio of top-10 Real Estate Groups. Let us sit tight and see what it will be this year.

trivia:M2 of CN are 2.4 times GDP on 2021 however 0.7 times GDP.

3 minutes ago, TimAn said:

Thailand real estate market healthier than CN's.

Healthier for sure. 

But normally you make quick money in unhealthy markets, profiting from volatility. 

Don’t just believe what a real estate agent tells you, in China or in Thailand or in the US. Never trust them.