News Forum - Spotify vs Neil Young: Spotify win round one, facts come second

Thaiger

24 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

So wouldn't that make him an "expert" on misinformation and hence one who can easily spot when another is doing the same. 😀

No. No one is an "expert" on "misinformation" 

It's a made up term to excuse people who have the power to silence things they disagree with. 

Must be getting really old now.  I know what Spotify is,  but I have no idea who the other named individuals are and I don't care. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

I thought it was a row about music, clearly I am wrong?

Maybe I should take more interest but I really can't be arsed. 

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote deleted
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

It appears to be a 'clash of the titans' whereas really its toys out of the pram time. Media rubbish. Boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Oh dear, another narrative crumbles.

Neil Young has now been outed as an anti science and biotech conspiracy theorist himself who has pushed misinformation. I predicated what was it, yesterday? that these guys would be exposed as hypocrites. Suffice to say my eyebrows are raised like Mrs Pelosi's at this revelation. Yikes!!

"This is the same Neil Young who in 2015 released an entire album, The Monsanto Years, that’s wall-to-wall songs from an anti-biotechnology point of view.

Young’s anti-GMO rhetoric helped fuel a narrative that made it easy to spread fear and distrust about COVID vaccines, most of which used novel biotechnology methods and some of which use genetic engineering."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/neil-youngs-long-record-of-spreading-scientific-misinformation

Yet, sold his entire catalogue and rights to the likes of Blackstone. 

How ironic. 

Joe Rogan worked for a tv show where people did crazy stuff like drinking donkey sperm. People don't give a fck. 

Joe Rogan talks to a doctor. Everyone loses their mind. 

13 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Joe Rogan worked for a tv show where people did crazy stuff like drinking donkey sperm. People don't give a fck. 

Joe Rogan talks to a doctor. Everyone loses their mind. 

Rogan is an idiot spreading mis-information.  Sadly, there are lots of other idiots in the world just looking to be mis-informed from the likes of him.  

23 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Rogan is an idiot spreading mis-information.  Sadly, there are lots of other idiots in the world just looking to be mis-informed from the likes of him.  

What misinformation? Tell me what he exactly said or shared, and tell me what's the real truth. 

• Like 1

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell want to cancel Joe Rogan.

But in 1985 Neil Young made unsubstantiated and untrue remarks about Gay Men during the hight off the AID'S epidemic in a interview.

And in 1976 Joni Mitchell wore Blackface to a celebrity party.

So morale off the story is when these pair off Commies live in a glasshouse they shouldn't throw stones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

What misinformation? Tell me what he exactly said or shared, and tell me what's the real truth. 

The videos have been posted here numerous times, If you are too lazy to actually watch them, then why would anyone other telling you again>?

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Why don't you start by telling us what anti-vaxx BS he has been pedaling lately.  That way you can answer your own question at the same time. 

Edited by samiam123

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The videos have been posted here numerous times, If you are too lazy to actually watch them, then why would anyone other telling you again>?

You're wrong there again. I actually watch almost every of his episodes. 

Misinformation went down the same road as racist, sexist, anti vaxxer. 

His podcasts are like 3 hour talks about a wide variety of topics. Of course there will be some topics where they are wrong about. But whenever that happens, he would be the first to say that they have no clue about it and are just talking. But they always leave those parts out of the soundbites. 

Whenever you take soundbites from a 3 hour conversation about anything that you only want to hear, you can make any beautiful compilation of someone talking bullshit. 

Misinformation is what the news does. Only what we say is right, everybody else is wrong. That's not what the JRE claims to be. They just present information and it's up to you to do your own research. 

All that they are saying are things which are months from now accepted as fact, as you could see happened many times already. 

Whenever you talked about the origin of Covid months ago, you would get lynched online. Now it's openly discussed. Whatever used to be a 'conspiracy theory' back then, their god Fauci is now openly admitting. 

Guess you will be more informed than misinformed watching the JRE and only misinformed watching the mainstream news. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, samiam123 said:

Why don't you start by telling us what anti-vaxx BS he has been pedaling lately.  That way you can answer your own question at the same time. 

He didn't say anything which could be interpreted as anti vaxx. 

He said vaccinations are great for people. It only seems that if you are a super healthy teenager or kid (the parts of the population which has like about 0.0001% chance to die) he would understand if they don't want the vaccine (which could harm them too if their reaction is too strong). He only mentions to do their own research about it, and if they want it, just take it. It's up to them. 

That doesn't sound anti vaxx to me. But to you it'd sound anti vaxx, racist, sexist, homophobe all together. Looking at your use of the word anti-vaxx, you'll at least try to find some connections. 

I'd recommend you to watch a whole 3hr episode instead of the soundbites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

If it weren't for the fact Ohio is a dream for guitarists that like a dropped D and takes Indian scale doodling so beautifully, I'd agree. I cut my teeth on this stuff.😄

Oh Neel what have you done?

• Like 1

Person 1: You do your own research, look up anything you want and use that. But be careful to use the right information. 

Person 2: Buh, trust me. Only I'm right. Don't look up anything else. And if you feel tempted to look online, use only our sources. I'm the only one you can trust.

Who is more likely not to be trusted? 

Just saying, whenever someone doesn't want you to look up other stuff, and just trust him, calls you names and tries to shut you down if you think differently, he's got something to hide. The truth. 

• Thanks 1

Over time Neil Young has shot off his mouth about things he has never looked at in person just listened to some crap others have told him. So don't believe he's some kind of Saint, as a fellow Canadian I have heard him say things that is blatant bullshit himself. 

Joe Rohan may think he’s smart?

So did a senior police Captain who was an anti Vaxxers and called a hero by Laura Ingram?

The Police Captain is now dead from Covid 19 only this week?

who is the Hero now?

A very fit famous marshal artist also died of Covid 19 over a week ago ?

so fitness and health may not save you ?

But the Science and Vaccines may save your life and finish the Pandemic to all you selfish people!!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, samiam123 said:

And you might just qualify as the poster child for the other side. You know the one of idiots being mis-informed 

34 minutes ago, Spice123456 said:

Joe Rohan may think he’s smart?

So did a senior police Captain who was an anti Vaxxers and called a hero by Laura Ingram?

The Police Captain is now dead from Covid 19 only this week?

who is the Hero now?

A very fit famous marshal artist also died of Covid 19 over a week ago ?

so fitness and health may not save you ?

But the Science and Vaccines may save your life and finish the Pandemic to all you selfish people!!

Good bot!

Hmmm.... my previous post was 'hidden' for some reason, so I will try to modify it and see what happens...

Never listened to a lot of the JRE, don't have that much time.  Did listen to the "greatest hits" album of him saying 'a racial slur against African Americans', it didn't really seem that bad. He wasn't using the epithet AT anyone, or to demean anyone, he was just discussing it with other people.  So what?  It is the height of racism to tell people that they aren't allowed to use certain words, purely due to their pigmentation. 

Joe DID make the key mistake of apologizing. When the cancel culture comes for you, the first rule is to NEVER apologize. Ignore it, laugh at it, wait for the torch-waving mob to move on to another target.   But never apologize. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Transam said:

Such as...?

Such as...  "Young called gay people ‘f—ggots’ and tied them to the HIV/AIDS epidemic. “You go to a supermarket, and you see a f—ggot behind the f—kin’ cash register; you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2022/01/31/neil-young-public-health-comments/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/neil-young-homophobic-aids/

The funniest part of the Snopes "fact check" is that they try and minimize what Young said because he has spoken out against those on the Right since then so all sins are absolved!  

Meh, it was the 80s...  you should hear the misinformation Fauci spouted about gays and aids in the 80s as well.  Now that's an 
eye opener.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeerIsLife said:

You can also hear President Biden using "The Word" on more than one occasion, in public, when he was a Senator.  Guess he has to go too. 

<deleted as off-topic.  This thread is not about Biden or racist remarks>

• Like 1