News Forum - Pattaya braces for reopening of “Walking Street” ahead of the US troops visit

Thaiger

Pattaya City’s officials met with more than 30 local business owners on Saturday to discuss preventive measures and regulations to reopen the famous “Walking Street” ahead of a planned US troops visit weeks ahead. Around 2,000 soldiers are expected to visit this month for the Cobra Gold military exercise. The discussions come just as Chon Buri prepares to welcome an anticipated influx of visitors under the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration decided to reopen Thailand Pass registration for the Test & Go starting tomorrow. The meeting, led by Bang Lamung district chairman Wuttisak […]

The story Pattaya braces for reopening of “Walking Street” ahead of the US troops visit as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

31 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Best to not let them off the ship. They are the most diseased nation on the planet after all.

The air is now very thin in Thailand for the Xi ccp posters like you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Best to not let them off the ship. They are the most diseased nation on the planet after all.

Every sailor is vaccinated and probably tested more in 1 month then you have been tested in 2 years. Command is probably more worried about them getting infected in Thailand while on liberty.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good to see the US boys and some of the soldier girls travelling around in Pattaya again. Actually hilarious to watch the Thai girls one bar after the other come out to tug on them: You handsome boy. I was in Pattaya with a friend just before CV-19 closed the border doors in early just into March 2020. for me just different to see the military of any country as could even be the UK. All the same laugh and reminds me of the old Thailand days late in the 80's and early early 90's.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Every sailor is vaccinated and probably tested more in 1 month then you have been tested in 2 years. Command is probably more worried about them getting infected in Thailand while on liberty.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/01/05/navy-boots-first-sailors-from-service-for-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/

It only takes one.😃

14 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Well you probably should lock yourself in your home and never leave 😜

I'm in China, there's nothing to  worry about here at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I'm in China, there's nothing to  worry about here at the moment.

Except for being arrested because your government upset the chinese politbureau.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:

Except for being arrested because your government upset the chinese politbureau.

Absolutely not. Don't believe the hype!! 16 years so far, and not a whisper!

• Haha 1

I seem to remember that US sailors at the start of the covid panic 2 years ago visited Pattya, unrestricted and a few days later their aircraft carrier was riddled with covid and had to head to Guam! maybe they're looking for payback???!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

I agree if we include being "woke" as a fatal disease. Also  putting positive patients in nursing homes was a death sentence for some.  Many stupid mistakes made by current government.

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

An ideal way to end your commitment early if you want to leave - with no service commitment to Reserve or Guard.

Not that anyone would do that, of course ...

Unless these idiots are getting an honorable discharge ( most unlikely as they have disobeyed a major lawful order) they have blighted any future as an employee of a major company. perhaps they can now open that tattoo parlour or become lifestyle consultants …..😂🙁

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Unless these idiots are getting an honorable discharge ( most unlikely as they have disobeyed a major lawful order) they have blighted any future as an employee of a major company. perhaps they can now open that tattoo parlour or become lifestyle consultants …..😂🙁

Sorry, not "most unlikely" but mandatory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/us/lawsuit-us-troops-vaccine-exemption.html

7 hours ago, Cabra said:

Command is probably more worried about them getting infected in Thailand while on liberty.

By which infection …. The GoGo Bars Restaurants will be packed , of course following social distancing CCSA rules, so hope all the servers have been tested too for not just COVID19 infections 😷😉😷

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Unless these idiots are getting an honorable discharge

Well after shore leave in Pattaya, … they may get a dishonourable discharge …. ☹️😉

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

By which infection …. The GoGo Bars Restaurants will be packed , of course following social distancing CCSA rules, so hope all the servers have been tested too for not just COVID19 infections 😷😉😷

It's sort of funny, but the young soldiers travel in groups and are sort of shy. The one's who don't travel out in groups will sit in bars. Well it was at least last March 2020 that I am going from when I saw them here. The girls were running out and grabbing their arms and such turning their faces red. so darn funny.

16 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well after shore leave in Pattaya, … they may get a dishonourable discharge …. ☹️😉

Nah, but maybe a happy face and at worst the clap if stupid enough.