News Forum - Tomorrow, Thailand opens its borders to the world (terms & conditions apply)

Thaiger

Thailand’s Test & Go entry scheme returns tomorrow after a short hiatus, during which it’s had a makeover. The scheme is now open to travellers from every country in the world and not just the previous 63 approved countries. Great news! However, travellers will now have to take not 1, not 2, but 3 PCR tests in order to participate in the scheme. The first test needs to be taken 72 hours pre-departure from the home country, while the second and third are done on arrival and again on day 5. As always, those who need a visa will need […]

The story Tomorrow, Thailand opens its borders to the world (terms & conditions apply) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, LandOfSmiles said:

It's still better than a 7-day quarantine.

Only as long as both PCR tests prove -ve.  Personally, I prefer the sandbox scheme but we'll soon see how this rejigged T&G pans out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

again on day 5.

With that logic, why not demand a test day 10, day 15 and so on? If you test positive day 5, you've probably caught the virus in Thailand anyway. 

• Like 4

I sent an email to TAT with the suggestion that they should rename the new version of ’Test and Go’ to ’Test and Test and Test and Not Go’ but I have not received any feedback yet…

• Haha 6

The border has been open since October 2020.

The quarantine structure is what has changed during this time.

These clickbait headlines and misrepresentation of the situation to drum up at response is just the way this outlet has decided to operate I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LandOfSmiles said:

It's still better than a 7-day quarantine.

Shhhhh - test and stay.  Dirty Falang must test every five until positive- then a self-paid trip to the hospital. I think they should add proof of funds before entry. Submit a copy of your bank statement

...terms and conditions apply 💯 and your "mileage will vary" depending on what scheme and province you choose... may the good lord Buddha protect you from infection between TnG PCR test #1 and test #2, because that's the wild card in this whole thing. Not to mention test #3 when you hope to board your flight (that presumably won't get cancelled) for home.

• Like 2

This will be a huge disaster because nobody will go to Thailand with a Test & Go for Day 1 & Day 5 due to the fact that tourists will go to the Philippines which only requires a PCR Test within 48 hours of departure so shall see the next month.

• Like 3

Even more confusing. They must stay in a Sha extra plus or a Sha plus hotel for test and go on 1st and 5th day?

If they are sand box they only need stay in a Sha plus hotel one day but still need a PCR on arrival and 5th day?

So  one PCR on departure, one on arrival, one on fifth day, one before departure and one when you arrive in your home country? Sound like five PCR tests at about 3500B each. I dont think you will get alot of people to come for a one or two week vacation.

So in conclusion a family of three, two adults and a child would need 15 PCR tests at 3500B or 52,500B!

Two weeks ago I saw over 100 people sitting outside Patong hospital waitng for a PCR test!

The hotels have already dropped their prices in half and are having a very difficult time getting SHA plus let alone SHA extra plus. Yes amazing is correct.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ace035 said:

This will be a huge disaster because nobody will go to Thailand with a Test & Go for Day 1 & Day 5 due to the fact that tourists will go to the Philippines which only requires a PCR Test within 48 hours of departure so shall see the next month.

My parents really really want to come to Thailand but don't want to do all the PCR tests and now this new round is even more hoops. We looked at Mexico as an alternative to meet up and now Philippines opening is ideal. Local friends there told me the islands are open and ready to go! Only problem is coming back to Thailand is still going to be difficult for me but for them the UK is open and so is the Philippines.

• Like 1

Im happy stay in Thailand. In other county’s in the world…omicron double all 4 days. Only in Thailand…omicron stop. Since 3 weeks only 8000 per day.its Same the Star from Jerusalem……nice. Covid and prostitution…..both is Not in Thailand ….Gouvernements not allowed this, 555

• Like 1

They can flitter about all they want but they’re not going to get Tourists in any meaningful numbers. I’m sure some Rosy predictions will come out very shortly and then be revised when the next scam is unveiled. Infection rates Have been doubling in many  other countries Every few days But Thailand remain more or less constant. Does anyone wonder why that is?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TREX said:

So in conclusion a family of three, two adults and a child would need 15 PCR tests at 3500B or 52,500B!

Two weeks ago I saw over 100 people sitting outside Patong hospital waitng for a PCR test!

The hotels have already dropped their prices in half and are having a very difficult time getting SHA plus let alone SHA extra plus. Yes amazing is correct.

The high season is over, so hotel prices are back to off season rates. Maybe more extreme this year,but it's pretty normal. I always contact the hotel directly first and frequently get a better price or upgrade offer.

Won't help..threat of ten days in lock up still looms large for asymptomatic people..  Only 7 days everywhere else...no validation of test result..  At lease a rat test is visible.   To costly for so many PCR..    I cancelled  ..

• Like 1

unless they allow unrestricted entry without PCR tests for vaccinated people, they can't expect arrivals equal to pre-covid levels. short term visitors won't risk locked up in quarantine. better wait further

• Like 2

With the combined tests and the extra hotel fees for 2 nights the cost is well over 30 000 baht.

Then if you test asymptomatic.....

Oh the horror.

Good luck to all.

Let's meet for beers in angeles city

10 hours ago, Ksmui said:

Shhhhh - test and stay.  Dirty Falang must test every five until positive- then a self-paid trip to the hospital. I think they should add proof of funds before entry. Submit a copy of your bank statement

Thais have to as well

But I guess that doesn't help your whining, so why include the truth, hey?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dean said:

With the combined tests and the extra hotel fees for 2 nights the cost is well over 30 000 baht.

Then if you test asymptomatic.....

Oh the horror.

Good luck to all.

Let's meet for beers in angeles city

I mean that is just categorically false

5 night packages can be around 13k

• Like 2
  • Haha 1