News Forum - Thailand’s Rayong province declares emergency as oil slick reaches beach

Thaiger

Attempts since last Tuesday morning have failed to avert the oil spill reaching the Gulf of Thailand’s east coast beaches. Yesterday the oil started washing up on the Mae Ramphueng beach in Rayong, an hour’s drive south of Pattaya. Up to 200 people were patrolling the stricken beach using back hoes to try and scoop up the oil. Other volunteers were just using their hands and plastic bags to remove the sludge. The governor of Rayong has declared a state of emergency yesterday after the oil started washing up along the long stretch of popular beach, shutting down restaurants and […]

The story Thailand’s Rayong province declares emergency as oil slick reaches beach as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It did happen before so you think they must have a plan for when it happen again but maybe i give them to much credit now i know they have no intrest of learning from the mistake from others and not even from there one mistake they dont want to learn at all  so it will happen again  

I guess Rayong is out as a hub for eco-tourism sandbox 1.0 😜 Don't forget to ATK test all those cleanup crews 🙄 In all seriousness, I do hope they can get this cleaned up quickly