News Forum - Pope Francis calls Covid-19 fake news a violation of human rights

Thaiger

While the church hasn’t always been on the same side as science, Pope Francis spoke out strongly against vaccine disinformation and Covid-19 fake news. In a statement Friday, he condemned any news source, including Catholic news media, that perpetuated misinformation about the pandemic, calling it a violation of human rights. In a talk with members of a group of Catholic media members behind the website CatholicFactChecking.com which combats misleading information, the Pope called it an infodemic, where people driven by fear peddle distorted or made-up news and try to claim false information is scientific. “To be properly informed, to be […]

The story Pope Francis calls Covid-19 fake news a violation of human rights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Rich countries hoarding vaccine and pushing a 4th dose (and big pharma refuses to share formulations) while poor countries suffer is humans abuse too... 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, titanyak said:

So the pope is happy that the mnra vax needs aborted male lung cells to make their vacine

What?

Please provide details of this. 

religions ( vatican etc. ) in world, are on the same level ( of corruption ) as
G.overnments, non.G.organsiations, news, google,
banks, big foundation and big corporations.

if informed, decide self, what you think, you must believe.

Edited by think-and-ask

He's clearly on board with the global agenda... 

"I know your affliction and your poverty— though you are rich! And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan."

-- Revelation 2:9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rain said:

But then.....who decides and promotes what's fake and what's not? 

My son, worry not, it is in the hands of the lord.

Also known as, Albert Bourla.

🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, titanyak said:

So the pope is happy that the mnra vax needs aborted male lung cells to make their vacine

You need to provide some proof of that, Titan.

Apart from being no expert in judging what is fake or not, let's not forget that the church that this pope represents does not promote the use of condoms in the fight against aids. 

Edited by Smithydog
Hidden expletive removed.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

He's clearly on board with the global agenda... 

"I know your affliction and your poverty— though you are rich! And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan."

-- Revelation 2:9

The evil Roman Church has been a key player of the global agenda forever. 

• Like 3

Banning the Catholic Church would be a great start to ending the violation of human rights. 😉

Edited by Artemis080
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Note from the Moderators

Some offensive posts have been removed in line with Rule 3 of the Forum Guidelines.

Keep it clean and control the rhetoric Members.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

14 hours ago, titanyak said:

Cone on, get it right  -  it was about Astra Zeneca, which isn't an mRNA vaccine.

... if you're going to talk absurd garbage, at least make it accurate absurd garbage.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-idUSKBN27W2I7

... and it was caucasian male fetal lung tissue, none of that foreign muck 😂!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manu said:

... let's not forget that the church that this pope represents does not promote the use of condoms in the fight against aids. 

I'm not defending the Catholic church, although I was raised as a high church Catholic but am not one anymore, but that's not correct.

Pope Benedict dragged the church into the 19th century on this, and condoms are permitted and encouraged to protect from HIV and STDs, but not for birth control.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-condoms/condoms-still-banned-for-birth-control-vatican-idUSTRE6BK4Z120101221

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not defending the Catholic church, although I was raised as a high church Catholic but am not one anymore, but that's not correct.

Pope Benedict dragged the church into the 19th century on this, and condoms are permitted and encouraged to protect from HIV and STDs, but not for birth control.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-condoms/condoms-still-banned-for-birth-control-vatican-idUSTRE6BK4Z120101221

You're not one anymore but do you still believe the wafer changes substance.? 

55 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

You're not one anymore but do you still believe the wafer changes substance.? 

I'm neither a high church Catholic nor a Christian any more, so rather obviously 'no'.

Even within the church, though, the symbolism / meaning of the eucharist (wine as well) is still a contentious issue, and it's more about historical differences between Catholic and Protestant than anything else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm neither a high church Catholic nor a Christian any more, so rather obviously 'no'.

Even within the church, though, the symbolism / meaning of the eucharist (wine as well) is still a contentious issue, and it's more about historical differences between Catholic and Protestant than anything else.

Is there such a thing as a low church Catholic.? I always thought high church/low church only applied to the Church of England and that RC's were pretty much all the same. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Is there such a thing as a low church Catholic.? I always thought high church/low church only applied to the Church of England and that RC's were pretty much all the same. 

I was brought up as a Catholic, & I've never heard of a High Church one.

There is - or was, a high Catholic mass, where the priest wears all his ceremonial stuff ie vestments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

You're right, it's an Anglican expression rather than a Catholic one, and 'high church' Anglican is closer to Catholicism than 'low church' or mainstream Anglican ...

... but RC's aren't "pretty much all the same" about some things 😇.

54 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I was brought up as a Catholic, & I've never heard of a High Church one.

There is - or was, a high Catholic mass, where the priest wears all his ceremonial stuff ie vestments.

You're absolutely right, but I was going for simplicity. 

It's a lot easier, and more generally understood, than explaining that I was raised according to Jesuit teaching, attending Latin mass, Stations of the Cross, etc, but I wasn't 'raised by Jesuits'  as I didn't go to a Jesuit school like Stonyhurst and nor was I raised 'as a Jesuit' as it's not possible to be, nor was I ever a Jesuit.

'High mass' was routine as it was in Latin and followed tradition, as were vestments, etc, but that didn't necessarily mean all the regalia and trappings that go along with normal Catholic high mass.

Clear as mud to anyone who's not familiar with Jesuit teachings and values (I still hold to a lot of the values), which was why I thought it would be simpler just to go with 'high church Catholic'.

My mistake 😂!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Pope Francis spoke out strongly against vaccine disinformation and Covid-19 fake news.

He better be careful as people may just speak out strongly on religious disinformation and fake news, especially that disseminated by the Catholic Church.

Oh, the Catholics using the same old tricks. Don't you dare question our Priests or Pfizer, you heretic!

Last time, Martin Luther, some defenestrations and mere couple of hundreds of years worth of religious wars put end to that or at least settled the issue! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, titanyak said:

Ill take a swipe in your absence! I don’t know if the male accusation is correct!

But close enough!

Thanks for that comment Titanyak ! 
I and Im sure millions of others never dive into the weeds. Accordingly, a very controversial subject within the religious community ! 

“It’s true that such cells have been used either in the testing or development and production of COVID-19 vaccines. The cells are grown in a laboratory and were derived from a few elective abortions performed more than three decades ago. These same cell lines are also used to test and advance our understanding of several routine drugs, including acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin, and they continue to be used for treatment research in diseases such as Alzheimer’s and hypertension”.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/here-are-the-facts-about-fetal-cell-lines-and-covid-19-vaccines

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... but RC's aren't "pretty much all the same" about some things 😇.

You're absolutely right, but I was going for simplicity. 

It's a lot easier, and more generally understood, than explaining that I was raised according to Jesuit teaching, attending Latin mass, Stations of the Cross, etc, but I wasn't 'raised by Jesuits'  as I didn't go to a Jesuit school like Stonyhurst and nor was I raised 'as a Jesuit' as it's not possible to be, nor was I ever a Jesuit.

'High mass' was routine as it was in Latin and followed tradition, as were vestments, etc, but that didn't necessarily mean all the regalia and trappings that go along with normal Catholic high mass.

Clear as mud to anyone who's not familiar with Jesuit teachings and values (I still hold to a lot of the values), which was why I thought it would be simpler just to go with 'high church Catholic'.

My mistake 😂!

But they have to be. At least they have to pay lip service. Rome is not a democracy. 

49 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Yes, mass - good old Sunday mass especially 🤢 was always in Latin, & we did the Stations of the cross, which I did find quite meaningful.

I was 16, & beginning a rebellious streak, when I started to see the fakeness of it all. Even now though, I still pray regularly, but haven't been to confession for 30 years..mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Friend of mine, who I lost touch with went to Downside - but he was quite posh. Tried to bang his gf once, which wasn't very Catholic of me...555!

You ever make the Pilgrimage to Lourdes?

• Like 3
  • Cool 1