News Forum - Thailand News Today | Another pedestrian killed on zebra crossing

Thaiger

another pedestrian on a zebra crossing has been killed by a speeding motorist. Meanwhile, Rayong is all hands on deck in preventing an oil spill from reaching its beach, and how to get a year’s supply of free condoms. That’s all coming up in today’s program. You’re watching Thailand News Today, bringing you the top headlines in Thailand and beyond. And in our first story, Less than a week after a Bangkok doctor was killed by a motorcycle as she was using a zebra crossing, another pedestrian on a zebra crossing has been killed by a speeding motorist. The incident […]

The story Thailand News Today | Another pedestrian killed on zebra crossing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’d like to know who will enforce the new ( if it happens) regulation , the police don’t enforce the traffic laws at all, how many times have I seen motor cycle drivers stopped at a light with no helmet and a motor policemen is right next to them ? 

30 minutes ago, Moejoe said:

I’d like to know who will enforce the new ( if it happens) regulation , the police don’t enforce the traffic laws at all, how many times have I seen motor cycle drivers stopped at a light with no helmet and a motor policemen is right next to them ? 

I give up, how many times? 😃

• Like 1

Having only been driving here a few weeks a few things are pretty clear. Thais don’t use their mirrors so expect random doors to be flung out at you without warning from parked cars and random lane changes. The younger Thais drive like idiots so not surprising they die in huge numbers, and the Grab and Panda motorbike drivers seem to be the worst. As for crosswalks it’s clear they have not in any way been conditioned to even notice them. Should probably put some bright lights up they can’t miss near a crosswalk. So far the worst drivers I’ve seen in any part of the world as far as civilized countries are concerned. I’m sure there may be others out this place is nuts! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillO said:

Having only been driving here a few weeks a few things are pretty clear. Thais don’t use their mirrors so expect random doors to be flung out at you without warning from parked cars and random lane changes. The younger Thais drive like idiots so not surprising they die in huge numbers, and the Grab and Panda motorbike drivers seem to be the worst. As for crosswalks it’s clear they have not in any way been conditioned to even notice them. Should probably put some bright lights up they can’t miss near a crosswalk. So far the worst drivers I’ve seen in any part of the world as far as civilized countries are concerned. I’m sure there may be others out this place is nuts! 

Only way this changes is education 

it needs to start in school then when they get out say in 3 years time you start going after them as each year passes they more the rules are expected 

20 years time those kids are adults having kids by then rules are normal 

takes that long to change 

u don’t fix the current mess any other way 

you start at bottom 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, Moejoe said:

I am suprised you saw them stopped.