News Forum - Local coffee shop fined 500 baht for tables placed on a crosswalk

Thaiger

I love the quote from the deputy mayor, basically saying "they've always had tables on the crosswalk, but now that it's freshly painted with bright red and white, no no, that's not allowed, 500 baht business-busting fine for you". Amazing Thailand.

9 minutes ago, Leo said:

I love the quote from the deputy mayor, basically saying "they've always had tables on the crosswalk, but now that it's freshly painted with bright red and white, no no, that's not allowed, 500 baht business-busting fine for you". Amazing Thailand.

500bht is 'business busting?' Wasn't much of a business was it? 😃

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

500bht is 'business busting?' Wasn't much of a business was it? 😃

What if they all stood together, as a strong and defiant collective, decidedly not to grace the authorities with their petty and graft-based fines....??

Imagine the possibilities.

37 minutes ago, Rain said:

What if they all stood together, as a strong and defiant collective, decidedly not to grace the authorities with their petty and graft-based fines....??

Imagine the possibilities.

Oddly enough, they put chairs and tables anywhere there's room in my neck of the woods. Cheeky bloody commies! 😁