News Forum - US funds upgrades to border patrol police training centre in Chiang Mai

Thaiger

Thailand today inaugurates the US-funded Close Quarter Battle Thai Border Patrol Police training centre in Chiang Mai’s Mae Taeng district, which will enable law enforcement officials to better defend Thai and regional people from transnational crime. Ranges, a mock village, a three-story tactical training building, and equipment are all part of this US$600,000 (19.8 million baht) project provided to the kingdom as a tribute to the long-standing US-Thai partnership. The US commitment to the BPP in northern Thailand totals US$1.2 million (40 million baht), which includes funding for this facility as well as planned training sessions. At the event, U.S. […]

The story US funds upgrades to border patrol police training centre in Chiang Mai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 hours ago, 23RD said:

Well well well another classic example of the Biden Administration worried about everyone else's Border but not their own.

...the same administration that "excluded" Thailand of the US Summit for Democraty (!!??)... 2 months ago (https://thethaiger.com/news/world/us-summit-for-democracy-excludes-thailand-includes-taiwan). Well, it is ok to sell weapons and other lovely stuff of that kind (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) to a country not considered a "democracy"... as long as it is not China, right?

Edited by Manu

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

...the same administration that "excluded" Thailand of the US Summit for Democraty (!!??)... 2 months ago (https://thethaiger.com/news/world/us-summit-for-democracy-excludes-thailand-includes-taiwan). Well, it is ok to sell weapons and other lovely stuff of that kind (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) to a country not considered a "democracy"... as long as it is not China, right?

You've lost us Manu Buddy read the title of the subject in question. 

I think what a lot of OP's are thinking is why is the Biden Administration worried about other Countries Borders but not willing to secure their own. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 23RD said:

You've lost us Manu Buddy read the title of the subject in question. 

I think what a lot of OP's are thinking is why is the Biden Administration worried about other Countries Borders but not willing to secure their own. 

Secure against what? If the US "secures" (the right word should be "controls") everybody else borders, how are their borders not "secured" too? Basic geopolitic and the US politic for over 100 years now. But the US are loosing their grip on the world as China is rising, taking over countries that were long in the grip of the US via military cooperation, weapon sales and big corporations. Thailand is a strategical location in Asia and they know now, Asia means China now (https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/u-s-weapons-sales-to-thailand-have-a-new-competitor-china). Do you really think the US care about "enable law enforcement officials to better defend Thai and regional people from transnational crime? The sale of "Javelin Missiles and related equipment for an estimated cost of $83.5 million" (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) last year was also for that reason??

Edited by Manu

Have to agree (as a US citizen) , I am appalled that the USA can tell others what to do (such as protect the border) while leaving our Southern USA border completely open to millions of illegals!

The worst part of this lesson is, that illegals entering America are given FREEBIES for medical, education, transportation, living accomodations, etc , all paid by USA taxpayers.

While people often attack the USA citizens wanting border laws enforced as RACISTS, I always want to question??

Would you welcome ALL people from Myanmar or Laos and give a free home, school, medical etc----paid for by Thai citizens, who often can not afford the same items?

When I ask, 100% of Thais have responded "of course not"!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stevenusa said:

Have to agree (as a US citizen) , I am appalled that the USA can tell others what to do (such as protect the border) while leaving our Southern USA border completely open to millions of illegals!

The worst part of this lesson is, that illegals entering America are given FREEBIES for medical, education, transportation, living accomodations, etc , all paid by USA taxpayers.

While people often attack the USA citizens wanting border laws enforced as RACISTS, I always want to question??

Would you welcome ALL people from Myanmar or Laos and give a free home, school, medical etc----paid for by Thai citizens, who often can not afford the same items?

When I ask, 100% of Thais have responded "of course not"!

100% of how many? 6, 7?😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

100% of how many? 6, 7?😃

Too many missing the bigger picture or any picture, for that matter. 

To be expected from the usual crowd.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, JJJ said:

Congratulations Thailand. If only Chairman Biden cared about the US’s border. 

Does the coginitvely impaired Chairman Biden know what a border is. He keeps asking where the White House is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rain said:

Too many missing the bigger picture or any picture, for that matter. 

To be expected from the usual crowd.

It's a licence to exaggerate, often used by our transatlantic cousins I find. Like 'per 1000' is the same thing. Why not just say how many?

• Like 1

The US could learn a thing or two from THA in terms of how to keep expats and immigrants on a short leash

Edited by Cabra
  • Like 3

Someone had to take over from the Brits... it's in our current western human nature.

American Interventionism began right from the start. Starting with the American Indian reservations, to the Mexican-American war (the taking of the American Southwest from Mexico) to... you name it. Colonialism is not a new venture. Buyer's beware. America has now become the New World Order's weapon of choice. Buyer's remorse can be found everywhere. Has the current K*** of Thailand learned anything from his father? I know it's a topic not to be discussed. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

It's a licence to exaggerate, often used by our transatlantic cousins I find. Like 'per 1000' is the same thing. Why not just say how many?

Why contniue your shortsighted bias towards Americans... let it go and learn to be generous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip said:

Why contniue your shortsighted bias towards Americans... let it go and learn to be generous. 

If they do, I will. Deal? 😃

18 hours ago, Poolie said:

If they do, I will. Deal? 😃

I might suggest that being the bigger person does not include the phrase... "If they do, I will."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skip said:

I might suggest that being the bigger person does not include the phrase... "If they do, I will."

The bigger person wouldn't need to be told the phrase in question.