Jump to content

News Forum - US funds upgrades to border patrol police training centre in Chiang Mai


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thailand today inaugurates the US-funded Close Quarter Battle Thai Border Patrol Police training centre in Chiang Mai’s Mae Taeng district, which will enable law enforcement officials to better defend Thai and regional people from transnational crime. Ranges, a mock village, a three-story tactical training building, and equipment are all part of this US$600,000 (19.8 million baht) project provided to the kingdom as a tribute to the long-standing US-Thai partnership. The US commitment to the BPP in northern Thailand totals US$1.2 million (40 million baht), which includes funding for this facility as well as planned training sessions. At the event, U.S. […]

The story US funds upgrades to border patrol police training centre in Chiang Mai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well well well another classic example of the Biden Administration worried about everyone else's Border but not their own.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 23RD said:

Well well well another classic example of the Biden Administration worried about everyone else's Border but not their own.

...the same administration that "excluded" Thailand of the US Summit for Democraty (!!??)... 2 months ago (https://thethaiger.com/news/world/us-summit-for-democracy-excludes-thailand-includes-taiwan). Well, it is ok to sell weapons and other lovely stuff of that kind (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) to a country not considered a "democracy"... as long as it is not China, right?

Edited by Manu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

...the same administration that "excluded" Thailand of the US Summit for Democraty (!!??)... 2 months ago (https://thethaiger.com/news/world/us-summit-for-democracy-excludes-thailand-includes-taiwan). Well, it is ok to sell weapons and other lovely stuff of that kind (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) to a country not considered a "democracy"... as long as it is not China, right?

You've lost us Manu Buddy read the title of the subject in question. 

I think what a lot of OP's are thinking is why is the Biden Administration worried about other Countries Borders but not willing to secure their own. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 23RD said:

You've lost us Manu Buddy read the title of the subject in question. 

I think what a lot of OP's are thinking is why is the Biden Administration worried about other Countries Borders but not willing to secure their own. 

Secure against what? If the US "secures" (the right word should be "controls") everybody else borders, how are their borders not "secured" too? Basic geopolitic and the US politic for over 100 years now. But the US are loosing their grip on the world as China is rising, taking over countries that were long in the grip of the US via military cooperation, weapon sales and big corporations. Thailand is a strategical location in Asia and they know now, Asia means China now (https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/u-s-weapons-sales-to-thailand-have-a-new-competitor-china). Do you really think the US care about "enable law enforcement officials to better defend Thai and regional people from transnational crime? The sale of "Javelin Missiles and related equipment for an estimated cost of $83.5 million" (https://www.dsca.mil/tags/thailand) last year was also for that reason??

Edited by Manu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to agree (as a US citizen) , I am appalled that the USA can tell others what to do (such as protect the border) while leaving our Southern USA border completely open to millions of illegals!

The worst part of this lesson is, that illegals entering America are given FREEBIES for medical, education, transportation, living accomodations, etc , all paid by USA taxpayers.

While people often attack the USA citizens wanting border laws enforced as RACISTS, I always want to question??

Would you welcome ALL people from Myanmar or Laos and give a free home, school, medical etc----paid for by Thai citizens, who often can not afford the same items?

When I ask, 100% of Thais have responded "of course not"!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, stevenusa said:

Have to agree (as a US citizen) , I am appalled that the USA can tell others what to do (such as protect the border) while leaving our Southern USA border completely open to millions of illegals!

The worst part of this lesson is, that illegals entering America are given FREEBIES for medical, education, transportation, living accomodations, etc , all paid by USA taxpayers.

While people often attack the USA citizens wanting border laws enforced as RACISTS, I always want to question??

Would you welcome ALL people from Myanmar or Laos and give a free home, school, medical etc----paid for by Thai citizens, who often can not afford the same items?

When I ask, 100% of Thais have responded "of course not"!

100% of how many? 6, 7?😃

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

100% of how many? 6, 7?😃

Too many missing the bigger picture or any picture, for that matter. 

To be expected from the usual crowd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, JJJ said:

Congratulations Thailand. If only Chairman Biden cared about the US’s border. 

Does the coginitvely impaired Chairman Biden know what a border is. He keeps asking where the White House is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rain said:

Too many missing the bigger picture or any picture, for that matter. 

To be expected from the usual crowd.

It's a licence to exaggerate, often used by our transatlantic cousins I find. Like 'per 1000' is the same thing. Why not just say how many?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The US could learn a thing or two from THA in terms of how to keep expats and immigrants on a short leash

Edited by Cabra
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone had to take over from the Brits... it's in our current western human nature.

American Interventionism began right from the start. Starting with the American Indian reservations, to the Mexican-American war (the taking of the American Southwest from Mexico) to... you name it. Colonialism is not a new venture. Buyer's beware. America has now become the New World Order's weapon of choice. Buyer's remorse can be found everywhere. Has the current K*** of Thailand learned anything from his father? I know it's a topic not to be discussed. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

It's a licence to exaggerate, often used by our transatlantic cousins I find. Like 'per 1000' is the same thing. Why not just say how many?

Why contniue your shortsighted bias towards Americans... let it go and learn to be generous. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skip said:

Why contniue your shortsighted bias towards Americans... let it go and learn to be generous. 

If they do, I will. Deal? 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Someone had to take over from the Brits... it's in our current western human nature.

American Interventionism began right from the start. Starting with the American Indian reservations, to the Mexican-American war (the taking of the American Southwest from Mexico) to... you name it. Colonialism is not a new venture. Buyer's beware. America has now become the New World Order's weapon of choice. Buyer's remorse can be found everywhere. Has the current K*** of Thailand learned anything from his father? I know it's a topic not to be discussed. 

Then don't mention it.....🤫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

If they do, I will. Deal? 😃

Still mad about 1776......huh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No, 2003 mainly.

Weapons of Mass Destruction, yeah me too

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Poolie said:

If they do, I will. Deal? 😃

I might suggest that being the bigger person does not include the phrase... "If they do, I will."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Skip said:

I might suggest that being the bigger person does not include the phrase... "If they do, I will."

The bigger person wouldn't need to be told the phrase in question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use