News Forum - Pattaya discusses “hotel isolation” for Test & Go, Sandbox travellers with Covid-19

Thaiger

So, I am here to follow up on hotel isolation, what's the deal with this? I still kept hearing that incoming tourists getting scammed on false positive ending up in the hospital to pay large amount of money telling them not covered by the COVID insurance, this is insane, also not having a choice of staying their own AQ Hotel for 10 days unless paying in their own pocket costs around B25K-B30K.

To Thaiger: I am not throwing you under the bus but just to make sure when you write an article regarding that as an incoming tourists on false positive to isolate in their own AQ hotel and should be cover by insurance, verify that to make sure it happens because lots of frustration, cancellation of flights, rebooking and spending lots of money to push back for future travel and going to the other countries like Philippines & Cambodia. In a long run, Thailand will lose tourists because of this flip flopping around, strict rules/restrictions & kept on talk..talk..talk..and nothing happen at all. 

49 minutes ago, ace035 said:

So, I am here to follow up on hotel isolation, what's the deal with this? I still kept hearing that incoming tourists getting scammed on false positive ending up in the hospital to pay large amount of money telling them not covered by the COVID insurance, this is insane, also not having a choice of staying their own AQ Hotel for 10 days unless paying in their own pocket costs around B25K-B30K.

To Thaiger: I am not throwing you under the bus but just to make sure when you write an article regarding that as an incoming tourists on false positive to isolate in their own AQ hotel and should be cover by insurance, verify that to make sure it happens because lots of frustration, cancellation of flights, rebooking and spending lots of money to push back for future travel and going to the other countries like Philippines & Cambodia. In a long run, Thailand will lose tourists because of this flip flopping around, strict rules/restrictions & kept on talk..talk..talk..and nothing happen at all. 

It's about keep everyone safe. If safety isn't important go to less restrictive places and enjoy your illness.