News Forum - Survival Guide: Top 8 apps to download for visiting Thailand in 2022

Thaiger

It’s undeniable that travelling has become significantly more complicated since the pandemic. Yet for all the unexpected red tape you might encounter when crossing borders, travelling is still fairly straightforward: choose a destination, book your flights and hotels, and make sure you prepare all the necessary paperwork. (And if you’re coming to Thailand, that likely means a LOT of paperwork.) But with such amazing technology at our disposal, it’s easy to take all the modern conveniences they offer for granted or underutilize them, especially when travelling abroad. Using the phone in your pocket, you can easily book a flight and […]

The story Survival Guide: Top 8 apps to download for visiting Thailand in 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Probably only relevant to long stay expats... but you forgot: Wise, SurfShark, Smart Life, and your Thai mobile phone provider (AIS) and Thai bank (Bangkok Bank) mobile apps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

Probably only relevant to long stay expats... but you forgot: Wise, SurfShark, Smart Life, and your Thai mobile phone provider (AIS) and Thai bank (Bangkok Bank) mobile apps.

I wonder why you think SurfShark and Wise are essentials? There are other apps for VPS and P2P transfers.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

I wonder why you think SurfShark and Wise are essentials? There are other apps for VPS and P2P transfers.

Personal preference I suppose. There are other alternatives, for certain.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:38 PM, Cabra said:

Personal preference I suppose. There are other alternatives, for certain.

I've found Express VPN to work quite well here. But it's more expensive on the whole. And what's the advantage of AIS over True? ... I think you can Disney+ for cheap through AIS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LandOfSmiles said:

I've found Express VPN to work quite well here. But it's more expensive on the whole. And what's the advantage of AIS over True? ... I think you can Disney+ for cheap through AIS.

I bundle with AIS fibre for home internet and AIS play TV. It's all in 1 app. Easier for me. And the phone service (including Wi-Fi) has been great thus far (including the outermost reaches of Isaan country)