News Forum - WARNING: Thailand Pass spoof email with malicious links

Thaiger

It seems that government websites in Thailand are often the target of successful hacker attacks and now it appears the Thailand Pass site is no exception. Reports are surfacing of people receiving a spoof email regarding the Thailand Pass pointing them to malicious content. It is believed that the email database collected by the Thailand Pass website has been accessed by hackers who are using the list of applicants to spread malware. Users have reported receiving fake emails warning that there is something wrong with their Thailand Pass application and urging them to download an attachment from a link in […]

The story WARNING: Thailand Pass spoof email with malicious links as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Users have reported receiving fake emails warning that there is something wrong with their Thailand Pass application and urging them to download an attachment from a link in the email. The test has some telltale warning signs such as poor English and punctuation.

TBH this wouldn't be that much of a red flag to me on something pretending to come from a Thai govt agency 😁

I received this email this morning. Fortunately realised it was fake before downloading anything. Worth pointing out that the email appears to have been sent from 'support@tp.consular.go.th' which is the Thaipass support email address.

I wonder what the response would be if a government website that contains all your personal information including your passport got hacked in your home country?

But this is Thailand. Nobody cares, just another day in the hub of hackable insecure systems.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Orlo said:

I am a dumbass ... and a I clicked on it... 

Could you please advice what could happen to me please ?

Thanks in advance. 

Best, 

Roland 

Do you have anti virus software? I use Mcafee but others are available.

Run a scan on your machine and see what it detects then follow the instructions.

In the mean time do NOT buy anything using a credit or debit card from the internet in case it steals your card details.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:32 PM, Rookiescot said:

Do you have anti virus software? I use Mcafee but others are available.

Run a scan on your machine and see what it detects then follow the instructions.

In the mean time do NOT buy anything using a credit or debit card from the internet in case it steals your card details.

Thanks so much for your help mate ! 

I ran the antivirus and they found a Trojan but that's about it. My assumption is the .vbs file that get installed when you click... and dumbass I .... clicked.... run several malwares.... RIP .... 

You are right I shall not buy anything using a credit or debit car for a certain time. Not on the PC I clicked on the email with yeah