News Forum - Real estate consultancy says pandemic continues to affect foreign demand

Thaiger

A leading property consultancy says the ongoing pandemic and associated restrictions continues to hamper the real estate market. CBRE Thailand chief, Roongrat Veeraparkkaroon, says the low number of foreign arrivals means the sector continues to rely on local demand and must now adapt to these circumstances. “A decline in tourist numbers affected both residential and retail sectors. Given this challenge, the property market should adapt, be more proactive, and brace for uncertainties that could emerge.” According to a Bangkok post report, Roongrat’s colleague, Rathawat Kuvijitrsuwan, says the real estate sector currently faces 4 risks. They are the future path of […]

The story Real estate consultancy says pandemic continues to affect foreign demand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

For sure this is another water is wet article.

It would be far more interesting if some numbers were available such as the percentage fall in property asking prices per region.

Real estate types are never shy to give percent price increases when the market is heading up so why not some figures when the market is obviously at best static or more likely heading down.

4 hours ago, Cathat said:

For sure this is another water is wet article.

It would be far more interesting if some numbers were available such as the percentage fall in property asking prices per region.

Real estate types are never shy to give percent price increases when the market is heading up so why not some figures when the market is obviously at best static or more likely heading down.

I don't think you will get that anywhere but on the ground 

By the way

My wife has been looking at the local Thai market in the 3-5mil baht range on Facebook

And there doesn't seem to be much slowdown in that market

She sees places and they get sold in a pretty quick fashion 

Also, I just don't think most foreigners who own property are panic sellers

Most bought their places outright and they aren't effected by the Thai economy 

I think any panic selling would come from local developers

But, again, you would only see that from being on the ground