News Forum - Neil Young pulls music from Spotify over Joe Rogan’s misinformation

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Transam said:

What are your qualifications to call the W.H.O useless and corrupt, or was it, you read it somewhere....?

I believe he has the same qualifications as you do to definitively  state that Joe Rogan was spreading misinformation.  

<Link to member only site removed.>
Moderator.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Spotify will be just fine......

Joe brings in 10x more to Spotify than any of those artists combined 

Indeed. So much for the efforts of the phony wokesters. 

I was hoping the stock would sell off much more

It will never happen, and shouldn't happen

But I wonder what would happen if Taylor Swift made that demand 

14 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Again, what precisely is misleading that you have claimed by Rogan? 

Then you refer to the useless corrupt W. H. O. 

now that is truly ironic 

He said about Canada "your country is in revolt " and then repeated the absurd false claim that 50k trucks were in a convoy

This is the protest today

Estimates that there is possibly 2k trucks, but more like 1k trucks

And he pushed that misinformation to explicitly support his anti-vaxx agenda

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

He said about Canada "your country is in revolt " and then repeated the absurd false claim that 50k trucks were in a convoy

Interested to know how your estimated 1k trucks stretch for 70km. Are they veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy long trucks? I saw the politifact "debunking" which considering their record of parroting pro establishment hoaxes and narratives leads me to believe the reports of up to 50,000 trucks present or joining.

Hilarious to see Joni Mitchell joining in the pro establishment movement. Banning her own songs being played on freedom minded media. Another iconic anti-establishment figure now literally doing The Man's bidding. Pathetic. But Barry Manilow said rumours he was joining in were false. Nice one Barry. Copacabana going on the days playlist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Interested to know how your estimated 1k trucks stretch for 70km. Are they veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy long trucks? I saw the politifact "debunking" which considering their record of parroting pro establishment hoaxes and narratives leads me to believe the reports of up to 50,000 trucks present or joining.

Hilarious to see Joni Mitchell joining in the pro establishment movement. Banning her own songs being played on freedom minded media. Another iconic anti-establishment figure now literally doing The Man's bidding. Pathetic. But Barry Manilow said rumours he was joining in were false. Nice one Barry. Copacabana going on the days playlist.

Charlatans. The lot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

" estimates" by who? 

Another classic how it started, how it's going episode. Just a couple of days ago Trudeau called the truckers a small fringe group and considered them irrelevant. While today he is fleeing for his life and hiding. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

"Justin Trudeau and his family flee for a secret location as up to 50,000 'Freedom Convoy' anti-vaccine mandate truckers march on Ottawa after he dismissed them as a 'small minority'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10456147/Justin-Trudeau-flees-secret-location-50-000-Freedom-Convoy-truckers-hit-Ottawa.html

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 10:53 PM, vlad said:

Whats Biden got to do with Neil young pulling his Music from Spotify ?

Brandon told him too, my guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Saltire said:

I read in the BP Joni Mitchell has joined the Neil Young bus.

Who's next I wonder?

Just another has-been

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Transam said:

Yes, news from Yahoo, would you like it from another news source, I can do that for you.....🤓

Yeah, maybe CNN... 555

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Transam said:

Everyone becomes a has been, but their name for many is never forgotten, hey Elvis. 😂

You obviously knew her name to call her, a has been...😊.......Tut, tut.....🤭

I actually had to look her or whatever identify IT prefers. 

It's pretty sad to see so many people here voluntarily giving up their freedom of speech. If you think that banning someone from any platform because they say something that you think is misinformation, you don't agree with or you just don't like, then think twice. Today your opinion is the same as the establishment's but be sure that there will be time when the you don't ageree with the powers that be, and it is you who be will be silenced. Feeedom of speech is one of the hard-earned pillars of democracy, don't take it for granted. And, by the way, believing blindly everything that the money-driven corporate media says is equally naive as believing everything Joe Rogan says.

That being said, I have great respect for Neil Young. He has his opinion, he doesn't want to be in the same place someone he can't tolerate, so se moves somewhere else. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Pietro said:

It's pretty sad to see so many people here voluntarily giving up their freedom of speech. If you think that banning someone from any platform because they say something that you think is misinformation, you don't agree with or you just don't like, then think twice. Today your opinion is the same as the establishment's but be sure that there will be time when the you don't ageree with the powers that be, and it is you who be will be silenced. Feeedom of speech is one of the hard-earned pillars of democracy, don't take it for granted. And, by the way, believing blindly everything that the money-driven corporate media says is equally naive as believing everything Joe Rogan says.

That being said, I have great respect for Neil Young. He has his opinion, he doesn't want to be in the same place someone he can't tolerate, so se moves somewhere else. 

Excellent post, @Pietro . . . thanks for that and welcome to the forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pietro said:

I agree with you 

Although it's not disagreeing with his opinions

It is disagreeing with his misinformation 

There is a huge difference 

I still don't think he should he should be cancelled for 

BUT.....how many examples would you like me to provide of Republicans demanding things are canceled?

Yet most feeling sad that people would give up their freedom of speech are perfectly fine to yell for cancels when they don't care for other opinions 

Here's some examples I will provide for free  😀

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/stephenlaconte/conservatives-love-cancel-culture

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I agree with you 

Although it's not disagreeing with his opinions

It is disagreeing with his misinformation 

There is a huge difference 

I still don't think he should he should be cancelled for 

BUT.....how many examples would you like me to provide of Republicans demanding things are canceled?

Yet most feeling sad that people would give up their freedom of speech are perfectly fine to yell for cancels when they don't care for other opinions 

Here's some examples I will provide for free  😀

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/stephenlaconte/conservatives-love-cancel-culture

You obviously don't understand the point here. 

Having "selected" entities deciding what is "misinformation" is completely unacceptable. 

As those same entities have obvious bias. Those same entities are censoring much more by what they refuse to report to feed their own narratives.

42 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

You obviously don't understand the point here. 

Having "selected" entities deciding what is "misinformation" is completely unacceptable. 

As those same entities have obvious bias. Those same entities are censoring much more by what they refuse to report to feed their own narratives.

Oh I fully understand yours and most of the rights hypocrisy when it comes to cancel culture

Fox News Primetime is almost exclusively filled on a nightly basis with what should be canceled 

Yet, no one is "sad" or concerned about those cancels.....

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Oh I fully understand yours and most of the rights hypocrisy when it comes to cancel culture

Fox News Primetime is almost exclusively filled on a nightly basis with what should be canceled 

Nothing is more hypocritical than refusing to admit that there are many more networks that peddle a constant false narrative directly in line with one political party, as you weakly mention fox news, while completely ignoring the point. 

The mainstream media does not have any integrity to be the arbiter of what is "misinformation" 

That is the point. 

Forums are filled with plenty of the same thing, silencing things that don't agree with the mainstream media narratives. 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I don't think FOX prime time calls on things to be cancelled but it does an outstanding job of naming and shaming left wing lunatics that call for organisations businesses and People to be cancelled (probably why it smashes the ratings every night).

• Like 3