News Forum - Neil Young pulls music from Spotify over Joe Rogan’s misinformation

Thaiger

1 hour ago, TWS60 said:

Interesting hot and cold comments about Rogan in this thread. 

IMV, he regurgitated the required Hollywood opinions most of the time from Los Angeles.   He routinely wore his ignorance on his sleeve.  "I don't know jack ****" and "I'm such a meathead, don't listen to me".  Jon Stewart, who I like most of the time as well, would often deploy a similar "I'm just a comedian" escape card, but only when he got himself backed into a debate corner.  Rogan was more genuine and believable in that way, so he wasn't such an intentional Dark Horse.

During the last couple years in California with the COVID stuff going on, Rogan, and his increasing bank account and popularity, began taking himself and his opinion more seriously, like an actor or a rapper would, as if their opinion should matter to us.  His train set though, no problem, we all have the choice to turn it on, or off. 

When Rogan got that big bag of money from Spotify money, he jumped on the "Screw California, I'm moving to Texas!" cliche pity party with other virtue signaling actors and entertainers whinging about how oppressed and beaten down they were.  The Right Wing media, who wouldn't have pissed on Rogan if he were on fire, perked up a bit and started paying attention.

Rogan was officially "jumped in" to the Fox News Fake Patriot Gang when he pulled that proverbial drive-by shooting of CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.  I do feel that he's playing to the right wing crowd, and intentionally trolling liberals, from Texas..... well, Austin's in Texas, but not really, wink wink, LOL.

At this point, if I want to hear Rogan's political/social opinion, all I need to do is go to Fox News and pull the chain at the back of Tucker Carlson's neck.  Job Done. 😴

Blather alert. 

Opinions are not facts. 

41 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Neil Young has proven himself for decades. As for Rogan?

You make him seem like he is a carbon copy of Jim from the show Taxi. Neil is a music god.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think I read somewhere that spotify gave him $100 million at sometime of the other for exclusivity of him and his program.  Sounds like a lot of money to me. Neil is worth a couple of hundred million and then some

It was not a difficult business decision for Spotify to be sure. Neil Young has never cared about money. He's about his music and his integrity to his fans. Have to admire his resolve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The "right" use FACTS to come to conclusions.

Another case in point. Supreme court judge Sonia Sotomayor falsely claimed there were a hundred thousand children on ventilators due to having covid. This is a bald lie. But because it was her feeling it was true, and was a false statement that assisted the left's covid alarmism she was not censored, not banned from Twitter, not required to apologise. Nothing. It was "her truth".

I really don't want to do this

But Trump lied over 30k times in 4 years(how many you want me to provide with facts to back them up?)

He's the defacto leader of the "right"

And your rant on Sotomayor is just bizarre

Not that she was wrong about the 100k kids, she was way off

But Twitter is banning Supreme Court Justice's for what they said in legal arguments in court? Not on Twitter 

So Twitter should ban her? For saying something not on Twitter?

Well, that is certainly a "take"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cabra said:

It was not a difficult business decision for Spotify to be sure. Neil Young has never cared about money. He's about his music and his integrity to his fans. Have to admire his resolve.

I personally love the guy no matter how off or not off the wall he is. Icon. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

But that does not tell us whether it was misinformation.

Exactly, this is a subversive way that the author of the article is creating the impression that what Joe Rogan has said is "misinformation".   It is similar to when the biased announcer introduces the members of congress at the U.S. State of the Union speech.  They will use terms like here is the "esteemed" Senator from New York, Chuck Schumer.  Or here is the highly regarded Supreme Court Judge Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  However when someone they want to disparage enters the room they announce them as here comes the "combative" Senator from Kentucky Rand Paul. 

The author here clearly was trying to create the impression that what Joe Rogan says was misinformation and portray Joe Rogan as a liar.  I don't utilize Spotify or listen to Joe Rogan so I am not in a position to comment on his accuracy.  However the fact that some non descript singer named Neil Young who I have never before even heard his name announces he is pulling his music over what "he terms" misinformation by Joe Rogan is hardly compelling proof. 

His ultimatum of pulling his music if his demands to have Spotify remove Joe Rogan would have me asking him, ARE YOU MAKING A THREAT, OR A PROMISE TO ME.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Who could ever have guessed that Young, who wrote songs protesting the establishment like Ohio would turn out to be censoring stuff "the man" doesn't like. Just crazy when you think how far he has fallen.

Protesting or Anti is  more like what he is doing and what he has done in the past. Censoring doesn't even come into play.

Long after Joe Rogan is forgotten, Neil Young's music will still be enjoyed by people of good taste and refinement.

Neil Young's genius in this scenario is to make himself relevant albeit in the face of implied irrelevancy.

I don't think anyone can deny his talent. Timeless messages delivered via simply complex lyrics and guitar mastery + some harmonica thrown in for good measure.

https://youtu.be/I6VX9DkShSI

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raugh said:

Long after Joe Rogan is forgotten, Neil Young's music will still be enjoyed by people of good taste and refinement.

Neil Young's genius in this scenario is to make himself relevant albeit in the face of implied irrelevancy.

I don't think anyone can deny his talent. Timeless messages delivered via simply complex lyrics and guitar mastery + some harmonica thrown in for good measure.

https://youtu.be/I6VX9DkShSI

I don’t think many are complaining about youngs abilities when it comes to musical talent!  Personally I liked his efforts much more when he was part of CSN&Y 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Neil Young fried his brain with too many drugs decades ago and now we can see the results.  I guess Neil misses the spotlight.

BS!

• Like 1

Neil Young "living in a free world". Guess he's forgotten he used to be against the establishment. Free world? Mask mandates, vaccine mandates, forced quarantine, forced vaccinations. What world is he living in?

There's a reason it ended up being Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Three can't all be wrong.

Joe? He's a sports commentator, comedian (?), and podcast host. Anyone that would live their life based on his words probably deserves what they get. That said, I enjoy his podcasts when they aren't UFC fighters.

Freedom of speech, nothing more important in society, especially now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Yes vlad Swansea bud.

Considering your welsh you seem to know a lot about American politics and the term Buddy in most of your post's usually we just say mate or squadie. 

So is this misinformation or is is sensationalism?

"Your country is in revolt"

It's a pretty large protest

I also live in Canada and haven't spoken to one person about this

Never had one conversation about it

But "your country is in revolt"

He repeated the absurdly false claim that 50k trucks are in the convoy.

Some estimate that it's less than 1000.

So he keeps spreading false information and it is always on the side to fit his anti-vaxx agenda

So at some point, you'd have to say it's deliberately spreading misinformation, no?

On 1/28/2022 at 3:43 AM, Marc26 said:

He's just wrong a lot because he's ignorant

i would love to see you debate with him on any subject.     then us viewers could vote    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninja said:

i would love to see you debate with him on any subject.     then us viewers could vote    

So I am not stating facts when I point out he's wrong or says things that aren't true?

I'm not going to waste my time posting the videos again 

But I posted two videos of the last couple weeks

And in both he's either just wrong and gets proven wrong, in case of myocarditis 

Or he pushes wildly false information about 50k trucks and Canada "being in revolt"

PS.....I have way too big of an ego to not research things that I debate about because I don't want to be wrong. 

Rogan doesn't care, as long as it drives his viewership 

And I don't have an issue with it 

And no way should he be censored 

I laugh at all these idiots "canceling Spotify"

I just point out he is wrong a lot and at times pushes misinformation 

But he's allowed to do that 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Cabra said:

Joe Rogan is a semi talented comedian who's big break came on a reality TV show overseeing people eat cockroaches. Now he has a platform that allows him to feast on the generally stupidity and gullibility of the majority of Americans. He's not always right, and he's not always wrong, but he is certainly not cry on the way to the bank.

He did well with Fear Factor - a bit of fun good with a pinch of salt - so no problem.

Just now, Transam said:

We know, but, now folk know about his misleading stuff, which is great, especially the Malone thing...🥳

What misleading "stuff" are you referring to precisely? 

6 minutes ago, Transam said:

Ask W.H.O, who support Mr.Young's stance on Rogan.................🤗

Again, what precisely is misleading that you have claimed by Rogan? 

Then you refer to the useless corrupt W. H. O. 

now that is truly ironic 

1 minute ago, Transam said:

What are your qualifications to call the W.H.O useless and corrupt, or was it, you read it somewhere....?

Common sense and reality. 

You probably think the United nations is a useful organization with no corruption or incompetent people. 

A number of off topic posts have been removed along with the replies.
This topic is not about Biden v Trump or vaccinations.

Members should report off topic posts to the moderators. Taking the bait and replying is only likely to have your posts also removed. 
All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Posts must be accompanied by a personal comment & a valid working direct link (URL) to any quoted text or data image for verification or for any fact(s) or inferred fact(s) used in a personal comment.

For those attempting to introduce anti vaccination material into the debate, the News sections are not the place to post your links. There is a separate closed group to discuss the pro's and con's of Covid concerns.
The forum is here: Controversial Covid Corner - continued - Page 20 - Controversial Covid Corner - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)
To enrol here; Please add me to the CCC Group discussion - Support Desk - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)

Such material will be removed from the News sections if it comes to our attention.
The Moderators review contributions on the Forum and may, at their absolute discretion, restrict topics or edit, move or delete posts considered to be too controversial or which may pose a higher risk of misinformation being distributed.
Post it in the appropriate forum please.