News Forum - Phuket governor calls for investigation, charm offensive after journalist’s report on hospitel parties

Thaiger

Following British journalist Jonathan Miller’s harsh and lengthy report of his stay at a Phuket quarantine hotel, Governor Narong Woonciew called for an investigation into the reporter’s claims. The reporter documented the impromptu parties with Covid-infected travellers during his two-week stay at the “hospitel.” In the Sunday Times, Miller who was classified as high risk of contracting Covid-19, was ordered into a quarantine hotel with his partner, who had tested positive for the virus. He says it was “Asian Hotel California” with “late-night discos fuelled by local beer.” Phuket officials are launching a charm offensive to negate the tarnished reputation […]

The story Phuket governor calls for investigation, charm offensive after journalist’s report on hospitel parties as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh dear, not more face saving to be done, seems to be never ending with these clowns, why do they not just admit defeat and get everything open without all this BS, would make everything so easy for all involved. 555

• Like 2

I have to say, I read the full article in The Sunday Times and any doubt that I had this policy of quarantine was in any way useful has vanished. That's shocking, pointless and a scam mixed with incompetence. 

• Like 1

' . . . The president of the Phuket Tourist Association said that the details in Miller’s report of poor facilities at the hotel he stayed at would be investigated and that those properties that joined the Hotel Room Isolation programme must adhere to a certain quality and standard. But, he said, the alleged party in Miller’s report was nothing more than tourists getting some exercise and relaxation outside of their hotel room and not a rager as his article may have implied.'

As good as calling Jonathan Miller a liar, in most people's eyes . . . tarring JM with his own brush, in my eyes.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/british-journalist-documents-beer-fuelled-parties-with-covid-patients-at-phuket-quarantine-hotel

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yetanother said:

typical thai , view the world thru a 'thais-only' lens

Ah yes, not as objective and culturally unbiased as Americans, or even Brits ( when they're not pissed at the pub). 

But maybe you're joking? 

22 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

I have to say, I read the full article in The Sunday Times and any doubt that I had this policy of quarantine was in any way useful has vanished. That's shocking, pointless and a scam mixed with incompetence. 

Well if hotel quarantine had any semblance of being tolerable, that will soon evaporate. 

Good job guys 👍

Mommy and Daddy government taking care of us now. Yes Sarcasm... sorry, I am over it all. The virus is endemic now, time to move on.

Parties sure aren't what they used to be... lol. Maybe more fun? We're all adults now and don't have to stay home now do we? Lol. I'm up for a game of twister with some of the locals... 😘

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

' . . . The president of the Phuket Tourist Association said that the details in Miller’s report of poor facilities at the hotel he stayed at would be investigated and that those properties that joined the Hotel Room Isolation programme must adhere to a certain quality and standard. But, he said, the alleged party in Miller’s report was nothing more than tourists getting some exercise and relaxation outside of their hotel room and not a rager as his article may have implied.'

As good as calling Jonathan Miller a liar, in most people's eyes . . . tarring JM with his own brush, in my eyes.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/british-journalist-documents-beer-fuelled-parties-with-covid-patients-at-phuket-quarantine-hotel

Maybe they're just saying they're underwhelmed by his idea of a party and they think they can do much better 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FTF020 said:

Maybe they're just saying they're underwhelmed by his idea of a party and they think they can do much better 🤣

Boris of No.10 is a bit of a party animal, perhaps they ought to ask him for advice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Following British journalist Jonathan Miller’s harsh and lengthy report of his stay at a Phuket quarantine hotel, Governor Narong Woonciew called for an investigation into the reporter’s claims. The reporter documented the impromptu parties with Covid-infected travellers during his two-week stay at the “hospitel.” In the Sunday Times, Miller who was classified as high risk of contracting Covid-19, was ordered into a quarantine hotel with his partner, who had tested positive for the virus. He says it was “Asian Hotel California” with “late-night discos fuelled by local beer.” Phuket officials are launching a charm offensive to negate the tarnished reputation […]

The story Phuket governor calls for investigation, charm offensive after journalist’s report on hospitel parties as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The cat is out of the bag....party is over thanks to Miller