News Forum - Thailand News Today | Officials unable to extradite Red Bull heir

Thaiger

Prosecutors say time is running out to prosecute fugitive Red Bull heir, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, and that they’re unable to extradite him…because they don’t know what address to write down in the extradition warrant. The heir to the Red Bull energy drink empire was charged on 2 counts in the death of a Bangkok police officer killed in a hit-and-run collision with Vorayuth’s Ferrari in 2012. The charge brought onto him for cocaine use is set to expire in September this year. Vorayuth has also been charged with reckless driving causing the death of another, with the statute of limitations on […]

The story Thailand News Today | Officials unable to extradite Red Bull heir as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Prosecutors say time is running out to prosecute fugitive Red Bull heir, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, and that they’re unable to extradite him…because they don’t know what address to write down in the extradition warrant.

Can it be that there is very little will to do so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

Can it be that there is very little will to do so?

I'm sure no criminals escape justice in your country? 

Or is it because your countries police just cant be bothered? 

I know the murder solve rate in my city is under 50% last time I read about it. Any given killer has a good chance of going scot free

So I guess I can conclude no one wants to do anything about it. Right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

I'm sure no criminals escape justice in your country? 

Or is it because your countries police just cant be bothered? 

I know the murder solve rate in my city is under 50% last time I read about it. Any given killer has a good chance of going scot free

So I guess I can conclude no one wants to do anything about it. Right? 

The murder solve rate needs to identify a subject.

This is a very know person, from a very known family with lots of money

Who still needs a passport, to travel.

You see there no difference to the unsolved murders with not known killers in your city?

Also interesting that you have always an example from your city, to things going "not well" here in Thailand. Which has a CPI of 110. What's the CPI of your country?

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The murder solve rate needs to identify a subject.

Indeed. 

This is a very know person, from a very known family with lots of money

You mean, like Tony Woodsome? 

Who still needs a passport, to travel.

You see there no difference to the unsolved murders with not known killers in your city?

Yes, the details are different, the result is not, and the assumption about why (official apathy) seems suspect either way. 

Also interesting that you have always an example from your city, to thing going "not well" here in Thailand. Which has a CPI of 110. Whats the CPI of your country?

Consumer Price Index? 

I think we're getting slight off topic. I'll just leave it at that unless you want to take this to AOD With a new clear topic 

I'll even create it if you're shy (PM me your preferred topic): 

https://thethaiger.com/talk/forum/137-all-other-discussion/

Cheers mate 

tenor.gif.3563d3aaea35f21e87968d7623449e69.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

You mean, like Tony Woodsome? 

They don't wanna have T.S. also, yes. In the country, he would even be a bigger problem for the power that be!

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

Consumer Price Index? 

Corruption Perception Index

Just take a look. Before it becomes a obsession,  to defend the well known corruption in Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Passports are good for 10 years. He allegedly  ran over the Sargent in 09/2012. His passport will have to be renewed before the statute of limitations expire in 2027. I'm  certain it will not matter and will be explained away as easily as "we have no address".  

Thai police should be embarrassed to be classified as either totally corrupt or totally Incompetent.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

They don't wanna have T.S. also, yes. In the country, he would even be a bigger problem for the power that be!

But he's a major figure, well known, needs a passport to travel, from a wealthy background, and hasn't been caught...? Surely, it's a sign that no one is motivated to catch Mr. "Woodsome"?

Or maybe Tony "brown enveloped" his way into the good graces of Thailand, because they're only greedy corrupt mercenaries whose only concern is money. Right? 

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Corruption Perception Index

Just take a look. Before it becomes a obsession,  to defend the well known corruption in Thailand!

Ah, yes, ok. And? So if my city score is low and Thailand's is high, and my city has THE SAME PROBLEMS would you agree that they are just ordinary problems of any city? 

Or that my city has hidden it's corruption better? 

Or maybe my city "brown enveloped" it's way into the CPI publishers because...maybe they're corrupt too? 

Are we off topic yet? 

tenor.gif.3563d3aaea35f21e87968d7623449e69.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joseph said:

Passports are good for 10 years. He allegedly  ran over the Sargent in 09/2012. His passport will have to be renewed before the statute of limitations expire in 2027. I'm  certain it will not matter and will be explained away as easily as "we have no address".  

Thai police should be embarrassed to be classified as either totally corrupt or totally Incompetent.   

Both

Passort?, who needs a passport. The filthy rich can buy a passport in over half the countries on the planet. 

Sanction Red Bull 3 or 4 billion dollars and the family will have him in front of a Bangkok judge the following day.

After all, greed takes precedense with most of these people.

• 1 month later...

Typical no political will…..too many favours still owed to the family….this demonstrates what the government elites think about the Thai people…disgraceful 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:53 AM, joseph said:

Passports are good for 5 year, but as they must be valid a least 6 months before entering a country, that makes it 4,5 years

5 hours ago, Alavan said:

Passports are good for 5 year, but as they must be valid a least 6 months before entering a country, that makes it 4,5 years

My passport is "good" for 10 years.

37 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

My passport is "good" for 10 years.

What nationality? My passport goes for 5 year (European), and I know Thai passports also go for 5 years.

• Like 1