News Forum - Foreign man in Pattaya arrested for allegedly trying to fight locals

Thaiger

Police arrested a shirtless foreign man at a supermarket in South Pattaya between last night and this morning. The man allegedly harassed locals by shouting and trying to pick fights. Police say he seemed very intoxicated. They eventually arrested the man and brought him to the station to slap him with multiple legal charges. The man’s nationality hasn’t been reported yet, but he looks Caucasian, and between 35 to 40 years old. Police said the man didn’t cooperate, was aggressive, and threatened them. Foreigners in Pattaya and other tourist cities in Thailand don’t exactly have the best reputation. In a […]

The story Foreign man in Pattaya arrested for allegedly trying to fight locals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I'll say  he's a Brit?

https://thepattayanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/FB_IMG_1643249755948-1024x651.jpg?v=1643250566

• Like 1

Perhaps if these establishments didn’t abet drunkenness and associated behaviours there wouldn’t be a problem. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Foreigners in Pattaya and other tourist cities in Thailand don’t exactly have the best reputation.

Simple solution …. If you don’t want tourists, don’t let them in. If you want them, then don’t complain about their antics. 

And you could say about Thai Driving and Politicians ……

55 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand don’t exactly have the best reputation.

• Like 2

I came out of condo about 1 pm a few years ago , Russian absolutely smashed lieing face up on parth as massage ladies called police 

this guy was hammered I remember thinking your going to have one hell of a head ache 

to many guys grow a leg in Thailand and feel invincible....... Pattaya wins by knockout 

you see it time and time again 

a lot of these robberies stories are made up 

bums to embarrassed to tell truth 

• Like 1

A small minority yet again giving the vast majority a bad name.  Brit, Aus, Russian, or Thai, there are good and bad everywhere (albeit in varying proportions) and unfortunately the bad are noticed more than the good.

• Like 3

Hopefully he’s not from my neck of the woods! Unfortunately ,it been my experience that many Thais lump us  all in one basket.  Falang ! 
Different countries ,different people.
I had to  explain that with the young lady of the house !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

A small minority yet again giving the vast majority a bad name.  Brit, Aus, Russian, or Thai, there are good and bad everywhere (albeit in varying proportions) and unfortunately the bad are noticed more than the good.

Rightly said, I mentioned the same thing a few days ago when someone were being racist to all Chinese people when only a few are the bad ones. Every nationality or race or religion have their good and bad and it's just not correct to paint them all with the same brush.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

Rightly said, I mentioned the same thing a few days ago when someone were being racist to all Chinese people when only a few are the bad ones. Every nationality or race or religion have their good and bad and it's just not correct to paint them all with the same brush.

Even more so when it's a few in 1.4bn people. 

From the news article below the video, apparently he's Norwegian and had been in Thailand for 2 years.
During part of the rampage he assaulted a Thai woman (a TOM) by grabbing her by the neck and choking her and also bashed a farang's car bonnet.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

This kind of behavior exist everywhere in the world and is accepted almost no where. Do the right thing and lock him up. Give him time to think. Deportation would not be unreasonable.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, katana said:

From the news article below the video, apparently he's Norwegian and had been in Thailand for 2 years.
During part of the rampage he assaulted a Thai woman (a TOM) by grabbing her by the neck and choking her and also bashed a farang's car bonnet.

Get him deported with a 10 year ban. As others have said there are good and bad from every country so where he comes from is asinine.

Unfortunately, people like this cause us ALL to be tarred with the same brush in the eyes of many Thais.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Maybe, but certainly not an English man and certainly not from Yorkshire

Maybe Lancashire though 😄

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

As much as we like to dwell upon the failings of the boys in brown, credit to the RTP in dealing with this safely for everyone concerned, including the guy.

Can you imagine the outcome in say, the US?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

As much as we like to dwell upon the failings of the boys in brown, credit to the RTP in dealing with this safely for everyone concerned, including the guy.

Can you imagine the outcome in say, the US?

True

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

And every country has some corruption and some corrupt officials, and 

it's just not correct to paint them all with the same brush. 

As you say 

3 minutes ago, CamPat said:

I'' put my money @Santa This kind of behaviour i witnessed mostly from Brits,followed by Aussies/Americans and lately by Chinese=the new Americans.

Have you been in China for the last two years then?

• Haha 2

I thought British at first, sounded a bit like a Newcastle accent, but the sound is a lot better on the clip where they have him handcuffed and that is definitely a German or Scandinavian accent. Kudos to the Thai police for the way they handled it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1