News Forum - 2 Pattaya venues acting as “restaurants” busted for Covid-19 violations

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

And yet all the ridiculous measures you seem to assume have been effective, waves start and stop as always regardless, and you still insist on the continued destruction of hundreds of millions of people's lives and businesses and mental health. 

Truly a modern progressive hive mind that controls you. 

We are in a war with this virus, and you are showing yourself to be a surrender monkey. Before I deal with the issues you raised, please tell me what you consider an acceptable level of deaths? i have mentioned on several occasions that if we followed the "Herd Immunity" brigade from the start, we would be looking at 223 mill deaths based on the dubious figure of 60% herd immunity. That's 4 times the death toll of WWII

As for business failures, I am saddened to hear of them, but how many lives do you think we should sacrifice to keep these afloat. And then, who is to say that many of these would not have gone bust anyway? It's a fact that 70% of non chain restos go bust in their first two years of ownership. But it is interesting to note that with so many anti-vax right-wingers complaining about business failures, free-marketeers are in short supply.

And FWIW, my business has suffered 70% downturn for each of the past two years,

As for the mental health argument, that rose very early into this pandemic I have considered it. Within weeks people were complaining that there mental health was suffering. I considered their circumstances. Most were with their families most of the time. They had masses of electronic devices so that they could speak to friends and family all over the planet, and if they get bored, there are hundreds of TV channels to watch. Conversely, there are people we lock away for years, who spend their time on a small room, who don't go home to their families at night, and have no electronic devices, who if they are lucky might get to see their families once a fortnight for a couple of hours. Current infection rates in Irish Prisons are 21%, because social distancing when you are confined two to a cell.

And before you try to go down that road, I'm not advocating for them be released. But when I hear people complaining about "My mental health" three or four weeks into the pandemic, because they are not allowed to get drunk in a local pub, then I have to conclude that either the treatment we hand out to prisoners is inhumane, or more likely, the issue is one of indiscipline. The latter is not a mental health prob.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

How do you know about my vaccinated status? More leftist self appointed mind reading and virtue signaling? 

Burns night, you'd be at home pretending, to be intellectually adequate. 

I may have presumed wrongly, but I've seen plenty of thinking on your part that aligns with the lunacy of some anti-vaxxers

13 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

We are in a war with this virus, and you are showing yourself to be a surrender monkey. Before I deal with the issues you raised, please tell me what you consider an acceptable level of deaths? i have mentioned on several occasions that if we followed the "Herd Immunity" brigade from the start, we would be looking at 223 mill deaths based on the dubious figure of 60% herd immunity. That's 4 times the death toll of WWII

As for business failures, I am saddened to hear of them, but how many lives do you think we should sacrifice to keep these afloat. And then, who is to say that many of these would not have gone bust anyway? It's a fact that 70% of non chain restos go bust in their first two years of ownership. But it is interesting to note that with so many anti-vax right-wingers complaining about business failures, free-marketeers are in short supply.

And FWIW, my business has suffered 70% downturn for each of the past two years,

As for the mental health argument, that rose very early into this pandemic I have considered it. Within weeks people were complaining that there mental health was suffering. I considered their circumstances. Most were with their families most of the time. They had masses of electronic devices so that they could speak to friends and family all over the planet, and if they get bored, there are hundreds of TV channels to watch. Conversely, there are people we lock away for years, who spend their time on a small room, who don't go home to their families at night, and have no electronic devices, who if they are lucky might get to see their families once a fortnight for a couple of hours. Current infection rates in Irish Prisons are 21%, because social distancing when you are confined two to a cell.

And before you try to go down that road, I'm not advocating for them be released. But when I hear people complaining about "My mental health" three or four weeks into the pandemic, because they are not allowed to get drunk in a local pub, then I have to conclude that either the treatment we hand out to prisoners is inhumane, or more likely, the issue is one of indiscipline. The latter is not a mental health prob.

What a load of virtue signaling blather. 

You have zero credibility or authority to decide what other people should be doing during this period. 

None. 

6 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Ah yes. Your "goto" when you have no useful arguments.

No, just when you are Blathering on with your opinions that are in no way a reflection of intellect or reality 

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

That really was quite funny, coming from anti-vaxxer. 

It was Burns' Night a couple of nights back. Can I recommend a quote from him to you: 

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us; To see oursels as ithers see us! (Oh, would some Power give us the gift; To see ourselves as others see us!)

Clearly Burns was second or even Third language English. 

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

What a load of virtue signaling blather. 

You have zero credibility or authority to decide what other people should be doing during this period. 

None. 

Is that the best you've got? Ad hominen attacks and messenger shooting? 

When have I ever assumed authority to decide what other people should be doing. 

As for your claim that I have "zero credibility", I think you'll find that I get the occasional "thumbs up" from other forum members. which means that your claim that I have "zero credibility" has itself, zero credibility.

You are clearly not very good at this. That would explain why you've stopped debating the points I raised. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Clearly Burns was second or even Third language English. 

He was a Scot, when English was becoming a more prominent second language in Scotland.

Most of his poetry is in the vernacular of it's day, including pronunciations to include Scots accents on English words.

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

No, just when you are Blathering on with your opinions that are in no way a reflection of intellect or reality 

That's the real problem. The people who really know how to solve this problem, are too busy on the internet criticising the intellect and perceived fantasies of mere mortals like me. The floor is yours. Perhaps you can begin by telling us what you think is an acceptable level of deaths.

Spoiler alert: Incoming ad hominem attack.

• Like 1