News Forum - 2 Pattaya venues acting as “restaurants” busted for Covid-19 violations

Thaiger

In the continuing struggle to rein in restaurants and venues violating the ever-evolving Covid-19 restrictions, police in Pattaya arrested 2 managers of so-called restaurants last night. Police reported that they were in violation of the new 11 pm closing time, as while as the Covid-19 health and safety rules for venues that serve alcohol. The Pattaya City Police Chief personally led the 2 raids last night. Last night, police arrested 2 people that were either the manager or owner of businesses that had converted to operate as restaurants. One of the venues was open completely illegally, without the licenses or certifications […]

The story 2 Pattaya venues acting as “restaurants” busted for Covid-19 violations as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Just stop the silly restrictions and open up all the places. 

The game is over. 

If you prefer to cower in irrational fear, then do so. 

57 minutes ago, Transam said:

Perhaps you should stick to the Beano for story lines.....🥴

Perhaps you can still make excuses for the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

Reality doesn't really suit your needs on the subject. 

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

Perhaps you can still make excuses for the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

What "excuses" would you like?

Excess deaths that are two or three times higher world-wide than the official Covid death tally?

Millions more suffering from Long Covid?

A few plane crashes because of pilots suffering unknowingly from post-Covid brain fog?

Hospital waiting lists a few years longer due to the lack of beds with so many taken up by those with Covid?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Excess deaths that are two or three times higher world-wide than the official Covid death tally?

Is this due to covid, or is this due to the "cures" for covid?  Suicide is up significantly world wide, is that also "due to covid?"  

https://www.southparkstudios.com/video-clips/neit8h/south-park-south-park-elementary-on-lock-down

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

The game is over. 

Agreed it's over, but be patient Khun mcam61. 

It takes time to wind things down. People are still freaked out. 

13 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Is this due to covid, or is this due to the "cures" for covid?  Suicide is up significantly world wide, is that also "due to covid?"  

Correct. Massive economic damage from unnecessary restrictions impacts health as much as any virus - and it hurts the young and healthy, not just the frail, like COVID. 

13 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

I gave up on SP after the first season or two. Plus, not funny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

I gave up on SP after the first season or two. Plus, not funny. 

did  you watch that clip though?  the last few season have been great and that clip perfectly illustrates the absurdity of the last two years

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

did  you watch that clip though?  the last few season have been great and that clip perfectly illustrates the absurdity of the last two years

Ok it was funny. +1 for SP. Thanks! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Is this due to covid, or is this due to the "cures" for covid? 

Hard to prove or disprove Russell's teapot, but as there hasn't been any credible scientific evidence from anyone with any recognised medical knowledge in the area that the excess deaths are up so much "due to the "cures" for Covid" or because the local branch of Kasikorn bank closed, I think I'll go along with the unanimous view that they're down to Covid.

3 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Suicide is up significantly world wide, is that also "due to covid?"  

Quite possibly, but the increase in numbers is statistically insignificant compared to the increase in excess deaths.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In the continuing struggle to rein in restaurants and venues violating the ever-evolving Covid-19 restrictions, police in Pattaya arrested 2 managers of so-called restaurants last night. Police reported that they were in violation of the new 11 pm closing time, as while as the Covid-19 health and safety rules for venues that serve alcohol. The Pattaya City Police Chief personally led the 2 raids last night. Last night, police arrested 2 people that were either the manager or owner of businesses that had converted to operate as restaurants. One of the venues was open completely illegally, without the licenses or certifications […]

The story 2 Pattaya venues acting as “restaurants” busted for Covid-19 violations as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

only 2 did not pay up?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

The game is over. 

How about 30 days in the slamer for  both managers and patrons? They shouldn’t try again.

11 hours ago, LoongFred said:

How about 30 days in the slamer for  both managers and patrons? They shouldn’t try again.

Yeah, who hasn't broken a law in their lifetime? I rang the bell for the ladies in one of those bars that night; they have families to feed. 

Cower in your room and let the rest of us live life and take our chances.

• Like 2

You can't relax the rules even a little with these places. The old saying of give them an inch and they take a mile comes to mind. You would think that a partial opening would be appreciated but no they want a return to their normal not the new normal. The girls don't feed the family when they're closed, if you believe they are really sending there tips home.

Just now, LoongFred said:

You can't relax the rules even a little with these places. The old saying of give them an inch and they take a mile comes to mind. You would think that a partial opening would be appreciated but no they want a return to their normal not the new normal. The girls don't feed the family when they're closed, if you believe they are really sending there tips home.

We should have returned to normal long ago. 

The destruction of business, the massive debt people have accrued, the harm caused by these s ridiculous nonsensical policies are far greater than any virus. 

To think otherwise is pure insanity. 

Just now, Transam said:

You haven't lost anyone from Covid then...?

Yes, two. One because of the ridiculous overreaction in Australia, he couldn't get the surgery he needed in time to save his life. 

The other due to suicide after losing his business, life savings. 

Understand? 

Or or those lives not important to you to feed your ridiculous overreaction and fear of a virus with a 98% survival rate for almost everyone below sixty five years old?

With a vaccination, even less than a percent. 

Use some common sense and reality instead of the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:50 AM, mcambl61 said:

If you want to talk about reality, consider this: If we had listened to the "do nothing and let herd immunity solve the problem for us" brigade when they started collating the world-wide stats on this and the death rate was 4.75%, we would be looking at 223 mill deaths. And guess what, having had the virus, there is no guarantee you will not become re-infected.

The current death rate against new infections for the past few days, has been 0.28%, a 94% decrease on the original figure. You must be tearing your hair out at us "fools" not listening to you!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Transam said:

So you haven't lost anyone from the virus.

It's the anti-vaxxers that are fearmongering, it's these people that have probably lengthened the pandemic by frightening folk off of the jab. They probably have caused deaths of many...

I see little merit in most of their arguments, and note that they always avoid answering a couple questions that I keep asking.

I think the time has come to declare them a death cult.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I totally support @Transamquestion in regard to your final sentence.

As for the rest of your post, I totally support you.

10 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I see little merit in most of their arguments, and note that they always avoid answering a couple questions that I keep asking.

I think the time has come to declare them a death cult.

Blather alert. 

Leftists live in a fantasy world 

14 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

If you want to talk about reality, consider this: If we had listened to the "do nothing and let herd immunity solve the problem for us" brigade when they started collating the world-wide stats on this and the death rate was 4.75%, we would be looking at 223 mill deaths. And guess what, having had the virus, there is no guarantee you will not become re-infected.

The current death rate against new infections for the past few days, has been 0.28%, a 94% decrease on the original figure. You must be tearing your hair out at us "fools" not listening to you!

And yet all the ridiculous measures you seem to assume have been effective, waves start and stop as always regardless, and you still insist on the continued destruction of hundreds of millions of people's lives and businesses and mental health. 

Truly a modern progressive hive mind that controls you. 

19 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Blather alert. 

Leftists live in a fantasy world 

That really was quite funny, coming from anti-vaxxer. 

It was Burns' Night a couple of nights back. Can I recommend a quote from him to you: 

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us; To see oursels as ithers see us! (Oh, would some Power give us the gift; To see ourselves as others see us!)

Just now, JohninDublin said:

That really was quite funny, coming from anti-vaxxer. 

It was Burns' Night a couple of nights back. Can I recommend a quote from him to you: 

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us; To see oursels as ithers see us! (Oh, would some Power give us the gift; To see ourselves as others see us!)

How do you know about my vaccinated status? More leftist self appointed mind reading and virtue signaling? 

Burns night, you'd be at home pretending, to be intellectually adequate.