News Forum - Police investigate driving speed of officer in fatal bike collision with pedestrian

Thaiger

Bangkok police investigating the speed of a “big bike” involved in a fatal collision with a woman on a zebra crossing say they expect to reach a swift conclusion. Dr Waraluck Supawatjariyakul, an ophthalmologist with the Faculty of Medicine at Chulalongkorn University, died when she was struck by the Ducati bike as she used a zebra crossing on Phaya Thai Road in the capital last Friday. Norawich Buadok, an off-duty crowd control officer, has had 7 charges filed against him, including reckless driving causing death and failing to give way to pedestrians at a zebra crossing. According to a Bangkok […]

The story Police investigate driving speed of officer in fatal bike collision with pedestrian as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’ve seen many cars driving thru a zebra crossing without slowing down,being a foreigner here driving and passing the driving test here , it’s just a joke police don’t I force any of laws , drivers don’t or follow any of the driving laws .

• Thanks 1

This what happens when you pass your test in a car park and then let loose on the roads with no knowledge or experience. RTP don't help by ignoring offenders until there's a fatality. Laws are broken on the roads every minute of the day and they do nothing to make it safer. Every man for themselves unfortunately

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moejoe said:

I’ve seen many cars driving thru a zebra crossing without slowing down,being a foreigner here driving and passing the driving test here , it’s just a joke police don’t I force any of laws , drivers don’t or follow any of the driving laws .

Slow down for a zebra crossing and you're likely to get rear-ended

I don't understand all of the fuss about determining how fast he was travelling (a decent pathologist would be able to come up with a good estimate anyway), unless they want to add speeding to the list of charges against him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JED1 said:

I don't understand all of the fuss about determining how fast he was travelling (a decent pathologist would be able to come up with a good estimate anyway), unless they want to add speeding to the list of charges against him.

The main charge is reckless driving causing death, so it goes to the degree of reckless driving.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JED1 said:

Slow down for a zebra crossing and you're likely to get rear-ended

Perpetual Motion & Defensive Driving. My Motorbike Habits. Never Stop at Traffic Lights. Always Left Turn, U Turn, Left Turn. So many Rear Enders here.

1. few accidents, in millions of drivers = ban to drive self ?
as WEF / world economy forum ( with governments ) want.
-
2.  other traffic system ( solutions ) exist, but are not used.
great governments, because they care ( not want, anyone die ).
-
3. and drive often and far, is not needed
if main parts in cities-district and villages are built on corret place.

• Haha 1