5th day in Hotel or Not?

39 minutes ago, fak119 said:

On the website  https://thaiembassy.com/thailand-travel-restrictions-updates  there is no mentioning of the 5th night in a hotel... Who is right?

"Those applying for a Thailand Pass QR code after registration reopens will need to pay for both RT-PCR tests which can cost from 2,000 baht to 4,000 baht. On Day 5, travellers will need to book a stay at a hotel or resort approved by the Safety and Health Administration while they wait for their test results to come back. This hotel does not need to be the same hotel as Day 1 and can be in any province"

According to the new rule

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/ccsa-clarifies-details-on-test-go-registration-opens-at-9am-on-february-1

Mr. riclag has the answer - edited my reference to previous test and go as it is wrong  

Edited by ExpatPattaya

Can anyone clarify on the Test & Go scheme that you need to book an SHA + OR an SHA ++ hotel for the arrival Day 1 and 5 Day tests?

18 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Can anyone clarify on the Test & Go scheme that you need to book an SHA + OR an SHA ++ hotel for the arrival Day 1 and 5 Day tests?

The latter it would seem. Assuming tatnews website is somewhat official or at least has the right information.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

All new TEST & GO Thailand Pass applications must submit proof of prepayment for 2 RT-PCR tests and accommodation (SHA Extra Plus (SHA++), AQ, OQ, or AHQ) on Day 1 and Day 5, as well as a prearranged transfer on Day 1.

Wonder what if you cant make it to the hotel you put on the thailand pass that you have prepaid for the 5th day? Since u are traveling around in thailand.

So instead you book into a new sha+ hotel on the 5th day at the location you are in and get a pcr test there. Will that be a problem?

1 hour ago, KevinBK said:

Wonder what if you cant make it to the hotel you put on the thailand pass that you have prepaid for the 5th day? Since u are traveling around in thailand.

So instead you book into a new sha+ hotel on the 5th day at the location you are in and get a pcr test there. Will that be a problem?

I don't believe that will be a problem. The initial bookings are established are an assurance you will get it done and can pay for it. So if you booked elsewhere and get it done you would still be meeting the primary objective. I of course cannot definitively say that, but if it were me, and it may be me as I traveling back in next month, I would not hesitate to book elsewhere if I needed to and get it done there. 

What do you reconn will happen if you don't do the 5th day RT-PCR? 

Imagine you are in another province where they dont have Sha+ hotels and the Hotel and PCR you booked for your thai pass is in bangkok and you have no way to get back in time.

What do you think will happen? 

Have they been following up on the 2nd PCR test?

1 hour ago, KevinBK said:

Have they been following up on the 2nd PCR test?

Under the new program? They haven't, so far, as it doesnt start until Feb 1.