News Forum - Thailand News Today | 4th vaccine booster dose now available for 10 provinces

Thaiger

Residents, both Thai and foreign, in 10 Thai provinces, will be offered a fourth Covid vaccine dose ahead of the return of the Test & Go entry scheme.  The Public Health Ministry has confirmed that a fourth dose is being offered to provinces that are heavily reliant on tourism or where the infection rate is high.Both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines will be offered to people who received their third dose at least 3 months ago. According to the report, the health ministry initially only planned to offer a fourth dose to healthcare workers and high-risk groups. However, it’s understood […]

The story Thailand News Today | 4th vaccine booster dose now available for 10 provinces as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Who in their right mind would want a 4th vaccination ? ... Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert, who developed the Astra jab says “the 4th jab is unnecessary for most people”. When will this end ? a jab every 3 months ?.This will end up eventually like the over use of antibiotics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlesW said:

Who in their right mind would want a 4th vaccination ? ... Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert, who developed the Astra jab says “the 4th jab is unnecessary for most people”. When will this end ? a jab every 3 months ?.This will end up eventually like the over use of antibiotics.

For the people who should have been the focus of attention all along - the old, the sick, the immunocompromised. 

There is no demand, I'm aware of, healthy people get boosters ("over 50" is recommended, but not required last I heard). 

Vince, after listening again to that news item about the 4th booster it clearly states that it’s offered to anyone including tourism workers who are generally young. It wasn’t restricted to the elderly, why would anyone under 50 want a 4th booster ? The Sheba Medical Centre in Israel has just announced that “A 4th Pfizer jab is ineffective in blocking Omicron”.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CharlesW said:

Vince, after listening again to that news item about the 4th booster it clearly states that it’s offered to anyone including tourism workers who are generally young. It wasn’t restricted to the elderly, why would anyone under 50 want a 4th booster ? The Sheba Medical Centre in Israel has just announced that “A 4th Pfizer jab is ineffective in blocking Omicron”.

Yes, even young people get cancer and AIDS, some are in high risk positions (health care), or they may have some other issue. 

My point was required. Just because it's available doesn't mean you have to have it. At least as far as I've heard. I could be wrong. Let me know. 

For some people with some vaccines that start with an S* it might be just in case the first two didn't quite do the job?

:-) 

• Like 1

Pfizer is testing Omicron-specific vaxx. They will ensure that their effort is not wasted. Whether "safe and effective" is totally irrelevant, since some governments (eg USA, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore) will vigorously push it for them. Soon the vaccine-happy crowd will be "offered" the Omicron-specific.

You can bet the farm this won't be the last one....

Edited by ShibaBud
  • Like 1

Pfizer and bio tech are also working on a "Covid 19" vaccine that works against all variants, which I think will be far more useful than one that only targets one variant.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pfizer and bio tech are also working on a "Covid 19" vaccine that works against all variants, which I think will be far more useful than one that only targets one variant.

So are many - it's absurd to suggest that just because first generation vaccines need boosters that that will always be the case, or that vaccines are a failure because nobody developed a perfect single-dose vaccine giving full sterile immunity overnight.

These things take time, so either you take the best that's currently available and save millions of lives or you wait until the perfect vax eventually comes along and is trialled for ten or twenty years.

It's a pretty simple choice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShibaBud said:

Whether "safe and effective" is totally irrelevant, since some governments (eg USA, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore) will vigorously push it for them. 

Absolutely absurd - just nonsense.

If it's not trialled and tested and shown to be both "safe and effective" no governments will approve it or want to buy it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CharlesW said:

I’m done at Triple Vaxxed. Not required beyond that for 99% I suspect. 
Come Oct I will expect to take a winter flu cocktail jab including Covid.