News Forum - CCSA clarifies details on Test & Go, registration opens at 9am on February 1

Thaiger

10 hours ago, jwizzle said:

I quote https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022/

“All new TEST & GO applications must submit A proof of prepayment for 2 separate nights of accommodation at government-approved hotel/s, such as, SHA Extra Plus (SHA++), AQ, OQ, or AHQ on Day 1 and Day 5, and the expenses for 2 RT-PCR tests on Day 1 and Day 5.  The prepayment for Day 1 must include an accommodation, a test and a prearranged transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Travellers can book 2 different hotels for the accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5. However, on both Day 1 and Day 5, they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.”

I interpret that as it does not need to be purchase via the hotel but show proof of pre-payment of expenses for the RT-PCR test?

Yes I read all that when it first got released but actually being able to book a PCR test and show payment for it separately from the hotel in advance, wouldn't have been so easy I had thought. In Bangkok ok but maybe not in a lot of the other places where some people, like myself are hoping to get this done.

I guess things will be clearer once the official announcement gets made. 

I did have my wife call around a couple of the larger hotels in Hua Hin and apparently they will be offering a test & go deal, which will be advertised on their own websites on the 1st of Feb onwards, so hopefully most of the other areas around the country will be doing the same. It sure would help a lot of people. 

One of the hotels told my wife, I would need to check in on the day booked, pick up a form from them to give to the hospital, then I could drive to the hospital myself to take the PCR test. After the test, return to the hotel and enter my room for the isolation period until my results are confirmed the next morning. If that is the case, then it should be relatively easy. 

So what happens if you test positive and how much will that cost?  They don't seem to say much about that and yet it's many peoples biggest concern?  Certainly mine.

Edited by samiam123

20 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

So what happens if you test positive and how much will that cost?  They don't seem to say much about that and yet it's many peoples biggest concern?  Certainly mine.

It will be covered by your insurance. The cost will be determined by whether you go to the hospital or Hospitel, or community center, or remain in your current SHA ++ hotel. Insurance is required for all contingencies and your insurer will be the payer.

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 2

So the requirements to enter Thailand under "test and go" and "sandbox" are basically the exact same thing.  Why are both necessary?  Why cant you move freely under sandbox pass if you were forced (like myself) to choose sandbox because test and go was "indefinitely postponed" previously.

Why do you even need sandbox at this point?  The requirement are exactly the same.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

10 hours ago, csan31 said:

So the requirements to enter Thailand under "test and go" and "sandbox" are basically the exact same thing.  Why are both necessary?  Why cant you move freely under sandbox pass if you were forced (like myself) to choose sandbox because test and go was "indefinitely postponed" previously.

Why do you even need sandbox at this point?  The requirement are exactly the same.

It's the same reason as for everything else going on in Thailand - the Thai officials have tom yam in their heads.

10 hours ago, csan31 said:

So many questions, @csan31that countless others are wanting answers to. I'm just thankful not to have been caught up in this fiasco of an entry system.

And your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

12 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It will be covered by your insurance. The cost will be determined by whether you go to the hospital or Hospitel, or community center, or remain in your current SHA ++ hotel. Insurance is required for all contingencies and your insurer will be the payer.

That's not true. AXA for example, a popular upper end choice, does NOT cover you if you test positive and are required to isolate in your SHA++ hotel. The only thing they will cover is medically necessary treatment. The same goes for the others too from what I can see.

https://www.axa.co.th/faq-sawasdee-thailand-inbound

image.thumb.png.58467b17572fc85941608bd24cb99705.png

On 1/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, Robosibbo said:

so perhaps someone can explain what's actually being achieved with all this testing

Nothing, just a last chance to make some last bit of money. 

13 hours ago, samiam123 said:

Because if people would know how much it costs just to catch a mild flu, even if it's asymptomatic, nobody will come😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nah, I have my own plans that dont include the Seychelles.

Not another long weekend in Skegness. You really have been spoiling yourself of late.

57 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

That's not true. AXA for example, a popular upper end choice, does NOT cover you if you test positive and are required to isolate in your SHA++ hotel. The only thing they will cover is medically necessary treatment. The same goes for the others too from what I can see.

Good point thanks for alerting to this... here is another FAQ 

On this one it would be interesting to know if you could argue that quarantine/isolation in your room, that is of course deemed a medical necessity by the Thai government as "treatments/medical expenses" and thus be covered?

What about asymptomatic cover?

Tune Protect & AXA : Both Tune Protect and AXA have asymptomatic coverage. As long as you tested positive for Covid-19, you will be able to claim for the treatments/medical expenses up to the stated amount on the insurance policy.

Allianz : Asymptomatic quarantine is not included in the coverage - medical necessity is needed for coverage. Preventive care or diagnostic testing (vaccines, PCR, masks, administrative requirements, quarantine/isolation expenses even at a hospital are not covered). However if medical treatment is facilitated, then the policy will cover you up to the stated amount on the insurance policy.

https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/thailand-pass?affid=AG3033

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

13 hours ago, samiam123 said:

1 hour ago, Artemis080 said:

Then you don't have adequate / the mandated insurance.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Then you don't have adequate / the mandated insurance.

That is incorrect.  There is no requirement for policies to cover asymptomatic costs or quarantine.  Only hospital care for symptomatic treatment.  Do a search on you youtube and you will find first hand accounts of people who came in under Test & Go, tested positive, and were stuck with large bills that their insurance did not cover.

Edited by samiam123

3 hours ago, samiam123 said:

That is incorrect.  There is no requirement for policies to cover asymptomatic costs or quarantine.  Only hospital care for symptomatic treatment.

Sorry, but it's 100% correct and the requirement has recently been widely reported again, very clearly:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/government-to-make-more-covid-insurance-options-available-to-foreign-tourists

3 hours ago, samiam123 said:

Do a search on you youtube and you will find first hand accounts of people who came in under Test & Go, tested positive, and were stuck with large bills that their insurance did not cover.

Yes, precisely - people stuck with large bills because they had inadequate insurance 😂.

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but it's 100% correct and the requirement has recently been widely reported again, very clearly:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/government-to-make-more-covid-insurance-options-available-to-foreign-tourists

Yes, precisely - people stuck with large bills because they had inadequate insurance 😂.

I guess you didn't even bother to read your own link.  The policies do not yet exist, but thanks for making my argument for me.  🥱

Edited by samiam123

31 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

I guess you didn't even bother to read your own link.  The policies do not yet exist, but thanks for making my argument for me.  🥱

Actually, I did - nowhere does it say that "the policies do not yet exist".

That's simply completely untrue.

20 hours ago, csan31 said:

The sandbox is geo restricted, and the t&g is not (sort-of).

For people who aren't vaccinated (or come from a place with a high profile outbreak), the sandbox may be around for a wee bit longer. 

Plus! One sandbox idea is a "cannabis sandbox" where marijuana might be de facto decriminalized or even medically legal. 

So you may get a pass on weed if you enter into such a sandbox. 

So it's a business incubator for tourism ideas? :-) 

Test and go to quarantine , what no takers ? Who would expose themselves to an obvious scam . Bring the kids make it a family holiday , but remember no smoking or vaping , but hey we may be able to get them hooked on weed . 

On 1/26/2022 at 12:24 AM, RMLMTL said:

We had planned a 3 week cycle trip through Thailand from mid Feb.  Arranging the first SHA extra plus stay with PCR test in Bangkok is easy. For the 2nd quarantine/test it’s a different story.  Despite hours of investigation it seems there are few/ no. SHA++ hotels outside of very main centres which are nowhere near our proposed route.  Unless things change dramatically it looks like we won’t be coming to Thailand.  Several thousand pounds lost to the Thai economy.  Mallorca will be the grateful ( but colder) alternative.  Sad.

Or go to The Canarian Islands, F.x. Tenerife.  Dont need any test, at all. - if vaccinated. 
Nice temperatur, nice people, only 1/2 Travel time. :-)

And now the Philippines opens to most of the world on February 10th.

No sandbox and no test and go, in fact nothing, zilch, nada, noooo hoops, but a pre departure test. Best re-think pretty quick Thailand, or a major percentage of your tourist market, just went out the window for 2022. 

Oh forgot to mention one snag. Not vaccinated, can’t go.

i see this as a huge money grab and in the end the thai people will loose billions.

the same room that is charged at 100 cdn  plus the test an transit package a night can be purchased on other apps for 50 but cant do it separately as the hotels only sell the complete package. rip off

then the covid insurance..i understand that

but its such a difficult procedure for overseas the embassy  advertises an available consultant firm you can hire.  blatant corruption it true thai style.

if this doesn't change in a month ill be changing my tickets to Cambodia or manila where a tourist isn't just a debit machine.

thai people starving and once again thai corruption wins.