News Forum - CCSA clarifies details on Test & Go, registration opens at 9am on February 1

Thaiger

Day 1, check in to an expensive SHA+ hotel, wait for the test result to come back.  Check out,  go somewhere else.  Day 5, check out,  check in to an expensive SHA+ hotel,  wait for the test result to come back... 

Yes, someone obviously thought that one out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is just embarassing. But it would not surprise me if there is new rules in a months time which says that the second test is gone. Or maybe a new one on day 7?

• Haha 1

Too late. Just now returned the tickets for tomorrow which I have booked back in December for the Bangkok sandbox. Will not go to Thailand in the foreseeable future, I'd rather explore other countries who have respect for the tourists.

Also having to pay $700 just for the useless tests for the family w/ 2 kids is outrageous. I can take a PCR test in the clinic nearby for just $20 if I'd want to take an extra one that is not covered by my insurance.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Graham said:

Why is this still being classified as quarantine free travel when it is not, now 2 tests after arrival and 2 forced hotel stays. Typical Thailand, screw the tourists some extra payments. 555

I agree, it's a de facto quarantine, and if hotels are fined for runners, they'll lock you in and surveillance will be on. 

I don't think it's just for money. I think it's (in part) because of a few high profile tourists wandering around after testing positive or not staying around for their results.

5 hours ago, Roberts said:

Too late. Just now returned the tickets for tomorrow which I have booked back in December for the Bangkok sandbox. Will not go to Thailand in the foreseeable future, I'd rather explore other countries who have respect for the tourists.

Also having to pay $700 just for the useless tests for the family w/ 2 kids is outrageous. I can take a PCR test in the clinic nearby for just $20 if I'd want to take an extra one that is not covered by my insurance.

I wouldn't come here if I wasn't here already. Way too much uncertainty regarding procedures, quarantine for testing positive et cetera...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jwizzle said:

From reading these new rules, it seems it is not entirely necessary to book the test provider through the SHA+ Accommodation? Found a much cheaper alternative (-1500 thb less) than what their "package includes".

I would love to know where you have read this?? 
I'm looking to get the first test & go in Bangkok, then hoping to go home to my house at Sam Roi Yot, Prachuap Khiri Khan. After that, I'm more than willing to book in to a hotel in Hua Hin (pointless exercise) for the night, 5 days later but I do not know of any hotels that are offering a test and go.

You say in the new rules, a test does not need to be booked through a SHA+ hotel, where have you read this? So your saying I could get a PCR test in Hua Hin, then book in to a SHA+ hotel and isolate until my result comes back? 

I have a feeling, trying to arrange all that and submitting the documents online for the Thailand Pass would be a lot of fun!

• Like 3

We had planned a 3 week cycle trip through Thailand from mid Feb.  Arranging the first SHA extra plus stay with PCR test in Bangkok is easy. For the 2nd quarantine/test it’s a different story.  Despite hours of investigation it seems there are few/ no. SHA++ hotels outside of very main centres which are nowhere near our proposed route.  Unless things change dramatically it looks like we won’t be coming to Thailand.  Several thousand pounds lost to the Thai economy.  Mallorca will be the grateful ( but colder) alternative.  Sad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roberts said:

Some people will never be happy until they get covid. I don't buy the whiners arguments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven.tay said:

I'm looking to get the first test & go in Bangkok, then hoping to go home to my house at Sam Roi Yot, Prachuap Khiri Khan. After that, I'm more than willing to book in to a hotel in Hua Hin (pointless exercise) for the night, 5 days later but I do not know of any hotels that are offering a test and go.

You say in the new rules, a test does not need to be booked through a SHA+ hotel, where have you read this? So your saying I could get a PCR test in Hua Hin, then book in to a SHA+ hotel and isolate until my result comes back? 

I have a feeling, trying to arrange all that and submitting the documents online for the Thailand Pass would be a lot of fun!

Just too hard for some to handle. It sounds easy to me but not if your only intent is to whine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guevara said:

The UK carry out more tests per hour than Thailand carry out in a week.

Countries Are Quickly Dropping Covid-19 Travel Testing Rules

More Countries Drop Travel Testing

In the summer of 2021, a handful of European countries dropped testing requirements for all fully vaccinated visitors and numbers don’t lie. 

These countries, like Spain, have done remarkably better with inbound tourism than those which kept testing requirements for the fully vaccinated, and they managed to do so without significantly changing the trajectory of the covid pandemic. 

That’s bringing new confidence to other countries that it might be the best approach going forward, as economies look to recover.

From February 11th, the UK will follow suit and officially end testing requirements for fully vaccinated visitors. You won’t need a test before travel or after you arrive, and it’s as close to life as it once was, once you get in.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/covid-testing-international-travel/

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Just too hard for some to handle. It sounds easy to me but not if your only intent is to whine.

What are you pumping your gums at?? I would just like to know where this information is coming from, so I can hopefully find it easier to plan when the time comes. Look at you with your 1.3 k posts, get yourself out more and stop being a dick!

It is quite stressful for people who are overseas working and would like to get back to their homes/families in Thailand.. This is a forum where I thought I could get helpful information, not to get stupid replies from the likes of you.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, steven.tay said:

What are you pumping your gums at?? I would just like to know where this information is coming from, so I can hopefully find it easier to plan when the time comes. Look at you with your 1.3 k posts, get yourself out more and stop being a dick!

It is quite stressful for people who are overseas working and would like to get back to their homes/families in Thailand.. This is a forum where I thought I could get helpful information, not to get stupid replies from the likes of you.  

More than valid comment, @steven.tayand welcome to the forum!

Let's hope you're able to see the wood, through those countless trees, regarding these ever-changing T&G 'clarifications' . . . some oxymoron, eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Some people will never be happy until they get covid. I don't buy the whiners arguments.

Look at yourself, intimidated hiding at home. I had covid twice, what's the big deal?

• Cool 1

13 hours ago, Roberts said:

Welcome to the forum, @Roberts!  Several points of frustration there, on this seeming merry-go-round of a T&G procedure, but best wishes for your future - no doubt alternative - vacations!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, Michael0510 said:

Well, the Uk is not the right country to learn from. 

Thailand has a higher population than the UK and 22.000 corona deaths and the UK has 154.000 Corona deaths. That’s seven times more. And the UK is much more wealthy. It’s nothing but a total lack of incompetence which caused that unnecessary casualties. 

Out of those 154,000 deaths in the UK approximate 110,000 listed with covid being a ‘contributory factor’ were those aged 75 and over. Average age expectancy in the UK (men and women combined) is about 80 so this group were already approaching, or in many cases had already exceeded, their normal life expectancy. There were ‘only’ 4,000 deaths from covid of those under 44 years of age. Make what you will of these statistics but they do need to be put into context rather than just stating bald numbers. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, steven.tay said:

I quote https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022/

“All new TEST & GO applications must submit A proof of prepayment for 2 separate nights of accommodation at government-approved hotel/s, such as, SHA Extra Plus (SHA++), AQ, OQ, or AHQ on Day 1 and Day 5, and the expenses for 2 RT-PCR tests on Day 1 and Day 5.  The prepayment for Day 1 must include an accommodation, a test and a prearranged transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Travellers can book 2 different hotels for the accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5. However, on both Day 1 and Day 5, they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.”

I interpret that as it does not need to be purchase via the hotel but show proof of pre-payment of expenses for the RT-PCR test?

37 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Out of those 154,000 deaths in the UK approximate 110,000 listed with covid being a ‘contributory factor’ were those aged 75 and over. Average age expectancy in the UK (men and women combined) is about 80 so this group were already approaching, or in many cases had already exceeded, their normal life expectancy. There were ‘only’ 4,000 deaths from covid of those under 44 years of age. Make what you will of these statistics but they do need to be put into context rather than just stating bald numbers. 

Be careful mate... I've been censored for quoting information like this 🤔🤔🤔

16 hours ago, Roberts said:

Awwwwwwww. Missing you already. 😃

I'm planning to travel to Mae sot after doing the 1st day RT PCR. But none of the hotels there seem to offer the pcr package deal. So DAY 05 I'm wondering if I have to come back all the way to bangkok to do a RT PCR that would be crazy! Even if there are SHA+ hotels in Mae Sot they are not offering the PCR package. So that would mean I need to book the RT PCR test seperately? But no one seems to know where to do that online there. So I'm lost. If someone can help that would be best.

Since u need to put the prepaid hotel and the PCR for the Thailand pass

23 minutes ago, KevinBK said:

I'm planning to travel to Mae sot after doing the 1st day RT PCR. But none of the hotels there seem to offer the pcr package deal. So DAY 05 I'm wondering if I have to come back all the way to bangkok to do a RT PCR that would be crazy! Even if there are SHA+ hotels in Mae Sot they are not offering the PCR package. So that would mean I need to book the RT PCR test seperately? But no one seems to know where to do that online there. So I'm lost. If someone can help that would be best.

Same issue for us.  The day 5 test is impractical if you are not in Bangkok, Phuket or Chang Mai etc.

24 minutes ago, KevinBK said:

We have same issue.

9 hours ago, jwizzle said:

I quote https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022/

“All new TEST & GO applications must submit A proof of prepayment for 2 separate nights of accommodation at government-approved hotel/s, such as, SHA Extra Plus (SHA++), AQ, OQ, or AHQ on Day 1 and Day 5, and the expenses for 2 RT-PCR tests on Day 1 and Day 5.  The prepayment for Day 1 must include an accommodation, a test and a prearranged transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Travellers can book 2 different hotels for the accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5. However, on both Day 1 and Day 5, they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.”

I interpret that as it does not need to be purchase via the hotel but show proof of pre-payment of expenses for the RT-PCR test?

24 minutes ago, RMLMTL said:

Same issue for us.  The day 5 test is impractical if you are not in Bangkok, Phuket or Chang Mai etc.

We have same issue.

To apply for the thailand pass u need to book a sha+ hotel for day 1 and day 5 with pcr tests. But I think the only option is, to book a hotel with pcr package in bangkok for day 5, and then just check into a sha+ hotel from the location u are in, do the pcr from a near by clinic, then call the hotel in bangkok and update them about the test result via email or merchant app?

As long as you do the test where ever u are and isolate for that day 5 I think it should be ok??

19 hours ago, RMLMTL said:

We had planned a 3 week cycle trip through Thailand from mid Feb.  Arranging the first SHA extra plus stay with PCR test in Bangkok is easy. For the 2nd quarantine/test it’s a different story.  Despite hours of investigation it seems there are few/ no. SHA++ hotels outside of very main centres which are nowhere near our proposed route.  Unless things change dramatically it looks like we won’t be coming to Thailand.  Several thousand pounds lost to the Thai economy.  Mallorca will be the grateful ( but colder) alternative.  Sad.

Sounds exciting, but Thailand has a high road death rate. Doesn't that concern you at all? Just curious. 

I love bicycling but not sure I'd wanna roll the dice on Thai roads.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:00 AM, divrg said:

This is just embarassing. But it would not surprise me if there is new rules in a months time which says that the second test is gone. Or maybe a new one on day 7?

In a few months all of this will be gone.

A special cannabis administrative zone might exist in Pattaya but Omicron is a dud as early outbreaks suggested. 

COVID is over. Free!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steven.tay said:

Welcome to the internet where the signal to noise ratio is always an issue.

Good luck.