News Forum - CCSA clarifies details on Test & Go, registration opens at 9am on February 1

Thaiger

Registration for Thailand’s quarantine exemption scheme known as Test & Go is reopening next week after being closed for the past month due to the emergence of the Omicron Covid-19 variant in Thailand. Starting at 9am on February 1, fully vaccinated travellers from any country can apply for a Thailand Pass QR code to enter with (almost) quarantine-free travel, but there have been a few changes. Here are some key points on the Test & Go scheme clarified by a spokesperson at the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration press briefing… Registration for Test & Go entry on Thailand Pass is […]

The story CCSA clarifies details on Test & Go, registration opens at 9am on February 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why is this still being classified as quarantine free travel when it is not, now 2 tests after arrival and 2 forced hotel stays. Typical Thailand, screw the tourists some extra payments. 555

• Like 5

I'm unfortunately not lucky predicting the lotto numbers, but here I am confident to make a prediction:

This new program will not last for more than 6-8 weeks, because it is not incentivising the undecided traveller especially with this 2nd PCR test on day 5 and Omikron likely to have peaked these day and slowly declining numbers.

High season is about over already, so even in pre-Covid-times there were less visitors. This new regime has no potential to be game changer in my opinion. Anyway, let's see if I am more lucky with this prediction...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

Why is this still being classified as quarantine free travel when it is not, now 2 tests after arrival and 2 forced hotel stays. Typical Thailand, screw the tourists some extra payments. 555

Well ... umm ... who says it is "classified as quarantine free travel"?

... and as those arriving are not only told in advance but have to book and pay for their tests and stays in advance so they can't say they didn't know, how can they be "screwed"? - it's their choice to come, knowing they have to pay 😂!

UK now completely getting rid of testing for arriving passengers, same as numerous countries around the world..... Thailand introducing stricter and more expensive testing... Omrican all over the world, so what's the point???...so perhaps someone can explain what's actually being achieved with all this testing, because it's never stopped this variation and will never stop any new ones... you can control people but you can't control a virus

• Like 3

Do you have to pay for day 1 and day 5 for both PCR tests ?. We have a flight for 13 Feb would we get Thailand pass in time if we applied on Feb 1 ??

11 minutes ago, Robosibbo said:

UK now completely getting rid of testing for arriving passengers, same as numerous countries around the world..... Thailand introducing stricter and more expensive testing... Omrican all over the world, so what's the point???...so perhaps someone can explain what's actually being achieved with all this testing, because it's never stopped this variation and will never stop any new ones... you can control people but you can't control a virus

Well, the Uk is not the right country to learn from. 

Thailand has a higher population than the UK and 22.000 corona deaths and the UK has 154.000 Corona deaths. That’s seven times more. And the UK is much more wealthy. It’s nothing but a total lack of incompetence which caused that unnecessary casualties. 

12 minutes ago, Michael0510 said:

Well, the Uk is not the right country to learn from. 

Thailand has a higher population than the UK and 22.000 corona deaths and the UK has 154.000 Corona deaths. That’s seven times more. And the UK is much more wealthy. It’s nothing but a total lack of incompetence which caused that unnecessary casualties. 

Hmmmm.....so they're competent? Beg to differ. 😀

Thanks, but no thanks.

We need less hoops to come spend our free time and our money. Not more hoops and more SHA/Testing profiteering. I have said it meany times. Tourists need to be attracted and not dissuaded by such regulations.

Oh, and by the way, registration is not technically free. You have to purchase your flight, pay for two SHA nights and Two PCR tests, not to mention the required insurance. Without these you cannot register so no technically it is far from free to register. In fact it can be extremely expensive. With no guarantees of a successful stay.

I think it’s time for you to decide if you want tourists in 2022 or not. Because the way you are currently performing, as the rest of the world starts to open up, is going to put Thailand about last past the post. People have too and are, planning their holidays 2022 now. 

I guess it time for that famous Thai saying  “up to you, you want, you don’t want”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Maybe this would hint at a clue …… They most probably lost points on not telling the truth …..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2253227/thailands-corruption-standing-slides

Thailand fell six places in the latest Corruption Perceptions Index, released on Tuesday by Transparency International. The country was placed 110th with a score of 35 out of 100  in the 2021 survey, a drop from 104th a year ago, when it also scored one more point.

„Travellers must have a certificate issued by a medical professional declaring that they recovered from Covid-19 between the last 14 to 90 days“. Does somebody know if this is 14 days after infection (positive PCR) result or 14 days after recovery (date of cerificate of being recovered, that means ca. 28 days after infection?

7 minutes ago, Ivy said:

„Travellers must have a certificate issued by a medical professional declaring that they recovered from Covid-19 between the last 14 to 90 days“. Does somebody know if this is 14 days after infection (positive PCR) result or 14 days after recovery (date of cerificate of being recovered, that means ca. 28 days after infection?

7 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Most countries it is 14 days after testing positive... again most countries will accept the recovery pass on the NHS app if you're from the UK

OK for the 2nd day test if you are staying in Bangkok or south of the country, but I am staying in the North East which means two flights two taxis plus  hotel stay equals a lot of money near 10,ooo baht. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Hmmmm.....so they're competent? Beg to differ. 😀

The UK carry out more tests per hour than Thailand carry out in a week. How to keep your positive cases low? Ask Chan-o-cha, it makes him look good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robosibbo said:

Whats the point ,omg $$$$$$$$$.

did you see the full story at the end , they will leave it up to a health official to determine  whether or not you go to a Q room . You can bank on a Q room.

What dr in their professional capacity is gonna let asymptomatic  or people still testing +  to walk free ! How long one stays  in a Q room is debatable! But  the bigger concern is if your traveling be prepared  and  for heaven’s sake don’t worry , after all is said in done your helping the Thai govt revenue schemes .
“.Covid-19 between the last 14 to 90 days. If the traveller tests positive on arrival, they can present their recovery certificate but may need to be cleared by a healthcare professional “.

• Cool 1

Just checked Test and go packages prices in Bangkok.

If you travel as a couple, most hotels charge you 240 Euro.

Then, after 5 days, again 240 Euro. Wow, simply wow.

• Cool 1

25 minutes ago, Guevara said:

The UK carry out more tests per hour than Thailand carry out in a week. How to keep your positive cases low? Ask Chan-o-cha, it makes him look good.

Read the thread again, I suspect you missed the point. 😃

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

CCSA clarifies details on Test & Go, registration opens at 9am on February 1

More clarifications will be coming as the CCSA continues to play covid roulette and change the rules again. 

image.png.8ea0701953743b2105089fba9231a23f.png

3 hours ago, Robosibbo said:

Nothing to explain when it is unexplainable. This 2nd testing makes no sense to avoid the import of the virus. And it is probably futile to restrict the prevention of the spreading of the virus with the 2nd day on 5 day and only on tourists. And maybe with Omikron it is time to relax a bit, since it is more contagious than Delta but also less lethal.

Read my prediction above; I don't think that these new rules will last for long.

From reading these new rules, it seems it is not entirely necessary to book the test provider through the SHA+ Accommodation? Found a much cheaper alternative (-1500 thb less) than what their "package includes".

13 minutes ago, jwizzle said:

From reading these new rules, it seems it is not entirely necessary to book the test provider through the SHA+ Accommodation? Found a much cheaper alternative (-1500 thb less) than what their "package includes".

If its on the up and up, can you share it ?

What’s the point of the second hotel quarantine? They’ve already let us run amok for five days after the first test so if we had Covid we already spread it. And the news informs me that even if I’m forced to quarantine for a night (or a second night, later) that I can just bail and get caught later like so many have already done. You feel the need for a second PCT test? Fine. Typical Thailand but whatever. But there’s no reason why I can’t take it and go back to my house and wait for the result. Or just continue spending my hard earned money out in the economy which so desperately needs it. smmfh Thailand

Edited by ThaiPadawan