News Forum - “Covid” visa extension: Key details from the latest order from immigration

Thaiger

A signed document from the Thai Immigration Bureau regarding the deadline for the 60-day “Covid” visa extension was leaked last night. While there has been no formal announcement, the document shows that the deadline to apply for the extension has been pushed from today to March 25. There are some key details included in the document that foreign residents in Thailand should take note of. Here are the sections from the document regarding those with a Visa on Arrival, Tourist Visa, and  Non-Immigrant Visa that have been translated from Thai to English… Section 3 regarding Visa on Arrival Foreigners travelling […]

The story “Covid” visa extension: Key details from the latest order from immigration as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Mostly Vague and reparative! Except for turning a visa on arrival and not being able to apply for a different visa while in country!

N o mention of visa exempt entry ! 
And I suppose coming in on a tourist visa and applying for a non O will be excepted 

For the Visa exempt on arrival it better not be welcome to Thailand and spending all your money and time jumping through the hoops and now get your arse out of here and get out would be over the top. prior 

Anyone know what the prior order  No. 0029.161/ว 3808 allows this particular person? 

Was reading form posters here that they can go try to get an extra 30 days, but may get 15 days or even 7 days, but most of all is that CM is not the most cooperative in this endeaver to get 30 days and then another 30 days.

Seems to have eliminated most cases that would typically have/had been requesting 60 day covid extensions... So just who exactly is now eligible for this latest round of 60 day covid extensions?

Apparently it doesn't change  anything for visa exemption, even for TR visas actually as it has always been required for anyone to use the 30 days standard extension first before asking for a 60 days covid extension.

They apparently just don't want the people with VOA to stay more than the 15+7 days they are allowed, this means russian tourists without a TR visa mostly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KoilStorp said:

They apparently just don't want the people with VOA to stay more than the 15+7 days they are allowed, this means russian tourists without a TR visa mostly.

Are Russians still doing VOAs?

They usually get 30 days  exempt entry stamps,afaik

So they seem to be in the group for covid visas, or not?

34 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Are Russians still doing VOAs?

They usually get 30 days  exempt entry stamps,afaik

So they seem to be in the group for covid visas, or not?

Russia is not on the list of countries allowed for 30+30 days visa exemptions. They are in the list eligible for Visas on arrival thoug which gives them 15+7 days

Edit: They actually have a bilateral agreement which gives them the ability to get 30 days indeed

Edited by KoilStorp

3 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

Russia is not on the list of countries allowed for 30+30 days visa exemptions. They are in the list eligible for Visas on arrival thoug which gives them 15+7 days

Yes, that might be confusing.

But Thailand is allowing Russians, since January 2017, to enter Thailand without a Visa, VISA EXEMPTION RULE and BILATERAL AGREEMENT , 30 days!

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thai-visa-exemption-and-bilateral-agreement

5 hours ago, Cabra said:

Seems to have eliminated most cases that would typically have/had been requesting 60 day covid extensions... So just who exactly is now eligible for this latest round of 60 day covid extensions?

Agreed - it isn't clear, but it looks to be a gradual but steady reduction each time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cabra said:

No change if you entered VE or TV as a tourist.
First apply for the 30 day extension, which is as it should have been > 60 day Covid extension.

The major change here:

Section 5 regarding Non-Immigrant Visa

In the case of foreigners entering the Kingdom by receiving a temporary visa (Non-Immigrant Visa), cannot request to stay in the Kingdom temporarily according to this letter. If wishing to temporarily stay in the Kingdom, have to proceed according to Order No. 327/2014 regarding criteria and conditions for considering an alien applying for a temporary stay in the Kingdom, dated June 30, 2014 and amended, and Immigration Order No. 138/ 2014 with subject: List of Documents Supporting Consideration in Case of Aliens Applying to Stay in the Kingdom for a Temporary Stay dated July 7, 2014.

This opens a can of worms and asks more questions than it answers.

What this is basically stating is that if you entered Thailand on a Non Immigrant Visa, you will now have to apply for the standard 1 year extensions of stay as per Immigration orders 327/2557 (2014 criteria) and amended and138/2557 2014 documents).

So those who obtained the Non Imm O on the basis of retirement as well those who obtained the Non Imm O based on Thai family/spouse, will now be required to meet the financial requirements for a 1 year extension.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faz said:

No change if you entered VE or TV as a tourist.
First apply for the 30 day extension, which is as it should have been > 60 day Covid extension.

The major change here:

This opens a can of worms and asks more questions than it answers.

What this is basically stating is that if you entered Thailand on a Non Immigrant Visa, you will now have to apply for the standard 1 year extensions of stay as per Immigration orders 327/2557 (2014 criteria) and amended and138/2557 2014 documents).

So those who obtained the Non Imm O on the basis of retirement as well those who obtained the Non Imm O based on Thai family/spouse, will now be required to meet the financial requirements for a 1 year extension.

Or just use an Agent..😂

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm confused about the Covid Visa Extension rules.   This website and other websites have stated that Covid visa issuing has been extended until 25th March 2022 but when I called the 1178 immigration hotline today (2nd March 2022) they told me that the Covid visa isn't available anymore and that I would need a letter from my embassy for them to consider making a special exception for me.

Can someone clarify this please?   Has anyone on an STV Visa managed to get a Covid visa extension without a letter from the embassy?

Thanks for your help.

5 hours ago, nomad123 said:

Hi I'm confused about the Covid Visa Extension rules.   This website and other websites have stated that Covid visa issuing has been extended until 25th March 2022 but when I called the 1178 immigration hotline today (2nd March 2022) they told me that the Covid visa isn't available anymore and that I would need a letter from my embassy for them to consider making a special exception for me.

Can someone clarify this please?   Has anyone on an STV Visa managed to get a Covid visa extension without a letter from the embassy?

Thanks for your help.

Immigration posted this infographic regarding further Covid extensions.

1088943212_Covidextensions.jpg.62576e0ab892b58924a55fc556fd78fb.jpg

You now need a valid reason why you cannot leave the Country at this time in order to receive a further extension, which as I understand is only for 30 days. Embassy letter required to support your reason.

Certain borders are reported to be opening. Cambodia is already open.
Songkhla and Vientiane are reported as opening imminently ??? 
Vietnam is supposedly opening March 15th.

Of course you'll need to meet any requirements for entering those Countries as well as meeting the requirements to re-enter Thailand.