Jump to content

News Forum - Police officer charged in fatal big bike collision with pedestrian enters monkhood


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A police officer who hit a woman with his Ducati bike as she was on a zebra crossing has been ordained as a monk. According to a Bangkok Post report, 21-year-old Narawich Buadok chose to enter the monkhood to make merit for the killing of Dr Waraluck Supawatjariyakul last Friday afternoon. The Bangkok ophthalmologist was […]

The story Police officer charged in fatal big bike collision with pedestrian enters monkhood as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A police officer who hit a woman with his Ducati bike as she was on a zebra crossing has been ordained as a monk. According to a Bangkok Post report, 21-year-old Narawich Buadok chose to enter the monkhood to make merit for the killing of Dr Waraluck Supawatjariyakul last Friday afternoon. The Bangkok ophthalmologist was […]

The story Police officer charged in fatal big bike collision with pedestrian enters monkhood as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why isn't he in jail?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is Fate, it is written that Dr Waraluck Supawatjariyakul to die because by Narawich Buadok.

at 21 years, Narawich Buadok would suffer for his life, just because of a simple mistake. At the same time with No offence Dr Waraluck Supawatjariyakul did get caught up.

May Buddha brings peace in both families.

Time only can heal.

Sincere Condolences for Both families. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Why isn't he in jail?

He might end up in jail, but to his credit he is showing remorse for his carelessness. Seek spiritual remorse is good but he also has a debt to society to repay. 

I hope he remembers his actions and strives to be a better person for himself and the good doctor who died.

  • Like 2
  • Angry 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

He might end up in jail, but to his credit he is showing remorse for his carelessness. Seek spiritual remorse is good but he also has a debt to society to repay. 

I hope he remembers his actions and strives to be a better person for himself and the good doctor who died.

Maybe he entered the Temple hoping to avoid charges ?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pol L/Cpl Norawich Buadok was charged with [...] not having third-party vehicle insurance.

Oh? So they have millions of cases to follow up? Or do they mean this "100 Baht" insurance, you pay with the yearly tax? Which is hardly to call "third party" insurance. would bot even cover the crematory costs, here!

And my guess is, Papa is senior officer,  he won't see a jail at all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Maybe he entered the Temple hoping to avoid charges ?

Penance to his God should come AFTER his penance to the People is paid!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad and completely avoidable. But why is "big bike" always a subtext? Can we admit that skills (impaired or otherwise), experience and training (including, but not limited to the licensing process) had everything to do with this, and nothing to do with the equipment. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vince said:

Are monks immune from prosecution? 

Yes, but only while a monk.

He will either have finished being a monk by the time his trial comes up or he will be 'removed' from the monkhood as a formality.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

Maybe he entered the Temple hoping to avoid charges ?

It makes no difference at all to the charges - it's simply making merit which goes to the deceased.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Penance to his God should come AFTER his penance to the People is paid!

Why?

What would be the point in waiting a few months or a year until after his trial?

It isn't "penance to his God"  in any way - it's making merit for the doctor he killed so that when she comes back she'll come back with a better life than she would have done otherwise, and the sooner he does it the sooner she gets the merit he has earnt for her.

It's got nothing to do with penance, atonement, punishment or forgiveness - it's simply merit making for her, not for him.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Pol L/Cpl Norawich Buadok was charged with [...] not having third-party vehicle insurance.

Oh? So they have millions of cases to follow up? Or do they mean this "100 Baht" insurance, you pay with the yearly tax? Which is hardly to call "third party" insurance. would bot even cover the crematory costs, here!

And my guess is, Papa is senior officer,  he won't see a jail at all!

Why edit out the half dozen other far more serious charges including reckless driving causing death which will almost certainly see him jailed?

... and his father is a Police Sub-Lieutenant, so a junior inspector and not a "senior officer" so his rank gives him very little influence even if he wanted to use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

But why is "big bike" always a subtext? 

Big bike  = big speed in many Thai people’s minds. The police officer riding the Ducati Monster had no license plate, registration or insurance despite claiming to buy it second hand over a month ago.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Big bike  = big speed in many Thai people’s minds. The police officer riding the Ducati Monster had no license plate, registration or insurance despite claiming to buy it second hand over a month ago.

For 113k baht.  Two of three sisters up the road from me have Ducatis - I'll bet they'd have liked to pay 113k.

Sounds like an import with no papers - not unusual for police, as they can get away with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The process of investigation, charging, etc will still continue. I don't believe his taking steps to become a monk will make a difference in the long run to his prosecution. Perhaps his pleading guilty after this display of remorse and wanting to make merit for the soul of the person he killed, will be of some benefit to the family of the one who was killed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For 113k baht.  Two of three sisters up the road from me have Ducatis - I'll bet they'd have liked to pay 113k.

Sounds like an import with no papers - not unusual for police, as they can get away with it.

Import with no papers... a.k.a. stolen. 

Ain't no one selling a legit late model Duc for 113k. 

Could have also been a confiscated bike that made it's way into this policeman's hands. Maybe one of Joe Ferrari's 😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For 113k baht.  Two of three sisters up the road from me have Ducatis - I'll bet they'd have liked to pay 113k.

Sounds like an import with no papers - not unusual for police, as they can get away with it.

And, a relatively minor point, but it looks like an illegal exhaust as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Why edit out the half dozen other far more serious charges including reckless driving causing death which will almost certainly see him jailed?

... and his father is a Police Sub-Lieutenant, so a junior inspector and not a "senior officer" so his rank gives him very little influence even if he wanted to use it.

Because the insurance thing is just stupid to out in there.

Ot they would have millions of cases to follow up.

And the rank of his father is highly unimportant, since he is a member if the BiB family, too.

Sorry for calling him senior officer ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Import with no papers... a.k.a. stolen. 

Ain't no one selling a legit late model Duc for 113k. 

Could have also been a confiscated bike that made it's way into this policeman's hands. Maybe one of Joe Ferrari's 😜

If so, probably stolen abroad - not unusual.  To later be re-registered as a Honda Click with a replacement engine 😲.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Because the insurance thing is just stupid to out in there.

Ot they would have millions of cases to follow up.

And the rank of his father is highly unimportant, since he is a member if the BiB family, too.

Sorry for calling him senior officer ;-)

It's standard practice in Thailand - they don't "follow up" millions of cases, but it's routine that when someone's charged then they're charged with all the relevant offences, and that just happened to be one of them.

... and if you think police rank is "highly unimportant" here where rank means everything then I think you need to get out a bit more - as much as anything else, those at the bottom are frequently sacrificed to make those at the top look as if everyone's accountable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Why?

What would be the point in waiting a few months or a year until after his trial?

It isn't "penance to his God"  in any way - it's making merit for the doctor he killed so that when she comes back she'll come back with a better life than she would have done otherwise, and the sooner he does it the sooner she gets the merit he has earnt for her.

It's got nothing to do with penance, atonement, punishment or forgiveness - it's simply merit making for her, not for him.

It's all over the Thai new this evening. Becoming a monk for his victim is good but should not get in the way of his legal problems. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Stonker said:

and if you think police rank is "highly unimportant" here where rank means everything then I think you need to get out a bit more

I am often not sure, if you can't or don't wanna understand?

Both is equally inconvenient, for others, but fact is: 

His father is BiB, too. It would be better for him, if his father would be of high rank, but: Still it is a BiB-family in the big BiB family. So there is "a chance", they trying all they can, to make it "a honest mistake". Probably the monk thing, for son AND father, is part of the "we can't let one of US get into prison for this.

Unlucky for "Joe 113k Baht  Ducati" , if one can name it that way: The victim was a doctor. And not just a "normal" person or a migrant from surrounding countries!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vince said:

Are monks immune from prosecution? 

well theyre  not  immune from stupidity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Becoming a monk for his victim is good

How, how exactly does it help someone whose DEAD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use