News Forum - Fourth vaccine dose being offered to Thais, foreigners across 10 provinces

Thaiger

Residents, both Thai and foreign, in 10 Thai provinces, will be offered a fourth Covid-19 vaccine dose ahead of the return of the Test & Go entry scheme. The Public Health Ministry has confirmed that fourth dose is being offered to provinces that are heavily reliant on tourism and/or where the infection rate is high. The Bangkok Post reports that both the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine and AstraZeneca will be offered to people who received their third dose at least 3 months ago. According to the report, the health ministry initially only planned to offer a fourth dose to healthcare workers […]

The story Fourth vaccine dose being offered to Thais, foreigners across 10 provinces as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

It doesn't really seem Thai officials are following the global trends and news as it relates to the effectiveness of this current batch of vaccines, or the developments as it relates to omicron. I mean 4 doses! This is getting a bit silly. Why not work harder at getting to the unvaccinated

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, kalyan said:

only 3 months after 3rd vaccine ?  when we are starting daily vaccine ?

Soon I guess. Perhaps in the near future our arms will be permanently attached to a drip that administers vaccine all the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kalyan said:

only 3 months after 3rd vaccine ?  when we are starting daily vaccine ?

Not quite correct - and if you've had 2 x Sinovac, you're third / booster dose of AZ / Pfizer may as well be your first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Soon I guess. Perhaps in the near future our arms will be permanently attached to a drip that administers vaccine all the time.

1 hour ago, resetamy said:

Replace "Fauci" with Anutin and you basically have the same premise. 

1641518867564.jpg

Only if you think, as the anti-vaxxers seem to, that there are no medical developments and that we're still administering leeches because research and vaccine development and improvement doesn't happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

waste  of  time for 99% of  people as mentioned in a new  video  out  by that Uk You Tube bloke from a  report  out  of  Califonia, that  should be vague  enough for  most of  you 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Only if you think, as the anti-vaxxers seem to, that there are no medical developments and that we're still administering leeches because research and vaccine development and improvement doesn't happen.

https://www.uhhospitals.org/Healthy-at-UH/articles/2020/03/how-leeches-can-save-lives-and-limbs-for-some-patients

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

waste  of  time for 99% of  people as mentioned in a new  video  out  by that Uk You Tube bloke from a  report  out  of  Califonia, that  should be vague  enough for  most of  you 😂

You mean the 'doctor' who's got his doctorate in education not medicine?

But still claims to work part-time as a 'doctor', evidently doctoring his CV 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You mean the 'doctor' who's got his doctorate in education not medicine?

But still claims to work part-time as a 'doctor', evidently doctoring his CV 😂

so, makes  more sense than anyone else ive heard.....especailly on forums

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

so, makes  more sense than anyone else ive heard.....especailly on forums

It all depends on what you want to hear.  He's clearly an excellent teacher, which is his field so he should be, but his medical knowledge and training is minimal - considerably less than many here.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It all depends on what you want to hear.  He's clearly an excellent teacher, which is his field so he should be, but his medical knowledge and training is minimal - considerably less than many here.

as in here on an anonymous  forum

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Is Bangkok included? I want it ASAP.

Well ...

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

They are Chon Buri, Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Kanchanaburi, and Pathum Thani.

Edit: obviously you have to be eligible.

• Like 1

Developed Country Issue. Thailand must focus on getting 90% adults double vaxxed / western boosted.Period. Personally I’m DONE at Triple Vaxxed. Enough…..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Developed Country Issue. Thailand must focus on getting 90% adults double vaxxed / western boosted.Period. Personally I’m DONE at Triple Vaxxed. Enough…..

Im not following COVID as closely these days (it's so 2021, I'm over it), but regarding "developed country issue" my impression was - last time I cared to check back in 2021 - that many developed nations had vaccine holdouts and refuseniks. For example, Israel's ultra-orthodox, etc. 

Has this changed? Are all developed nations at 90% adults double-vaxxed? If so that's great news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Vince said:

Has this changed? Are all developed nations at 90% adults double-vaxxed? If so that's great news. 

Thought you said you didn't do humour - or something like that Vincent...??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Reminds me of the old saying, 'a jab a day keeps your immune system away'

I'll be glad to get rid of mine, damn racist thing that it is.

Do you know that everytime a foreign body is detected by the immune system, it tries to eliminate it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

So true.....

IMG_1767.jpg

The 'protection' protects others, not the wearer.

I'd try to explain it, again, but now that I see from the PM I was included on by mistake that you're simply acting as @BlueSphinx 's mouthpiece here there's little point.