News Forum - Thailand News Today | Talks of insurance coverage for asymptomatic travellers

Thaiger

In today’s news, more talks on insurance coverage for asymptomatic travelers. Meanwhile, Thailand and Saudi Arabia trying to renew their relations after 3 decades of frostiness, and the latest talks on legalizing e-cigarettes in Thailand. All this is coming up in today’s program. You’re watching Thailand News Today, bringing you the top headlines in Thailand and beyond. And in today’s news,  The Thai government wants to offer more Covid insurance options to foreign tourists whose own insurance does not cover hospital or hotel isolation in cases of asymptomatic infection.  The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand says officials are […]

The story Thailand News Today | Talks of insurance coverage for asymptomatic travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hotels should not be punished for run-away tourists. That turns hotels into prisons. 

Tourists should be held responsible for their own deliberate violations not hotels. 

I wonder if this insurance also covers the cost of quarantine. This is sort of a loophole for many travel insurances as most do (also) cover the costs when you get Covid but not if you get quarantined as - so their rationale - because you are not sick and the quarantine is just a precautionary measure. 

So whilst I am already covered against Covid infection (and any other illness I might attract when travelling) and do not need any additional cover I would appreciate if this extra insurance would fill that gap.

Stop these.ridiculous requirements when you want tourists to come back to Thailand. Your profit is not the scarse rich tourist but the bulk middle class men having a 2 week roundtrip. Extra cost on insurance will cause to save them on local expenditures. The big insurance companies are rich enough. The local people need income to recover Covid economic disasters.

• Like 2

THB 3.000.000 insurance requirement for OA reitrement visa. Many with these kind of visa live partly in Thailand and partly in their home country. They have insurance in their home country. Probably covering much more than THB 3 million. But these insurances don't pay for the quarantine hotel in case of asymptomatic Covid. Only hopitalisation in case of severe Covid like it should be. So if you want to loose the wintertime staying long term OA visa holder continue with thes ridiculous requirements.

• Like 1

And I do mind paying THB 500 entry fee. This fee will be used to atttact high end tourist. Meaning I will have to pay THB 500 to support the rich and famous in and outside Thailand. This will not help to develop the economic situation of common Thai people struggeling to make ends need. I prefer to spend these THB 500 on food for the needy and elder who just get THB 300 - 900 when they are lucky to grow old. For the rest Thailand becomes very quickly a big.money grabbing country. 

"The Thai government wants to offer more Covid insurance options to foreign tourists whose own insurance does not cover hospital or hotel isolation in cases of asymptomatic infection." - this is a REALLY good news because right now I see only medical expenses in the coverage list from Thai insurance companies.

Being not insured for accommodation costs during enforced quarantine makes my trip very risky.

I would be happy to know that I am covered for 800 baht premium and at least this money risk is not looming over me anymore.

14 hours ago, Bike said:

Stop these.ridiculous requirements when you want tourists to come back to Thailand. Your profit is not the scarse rich tourist but the bulk middle class men having a 2 week roundtrip. Extra cost on insurance will cause to save them on local expenditures. The big insurance companies are rich enough. The local people need income to recover Covid economic disasters.

Maybe Thailand is taking a break from mass tourism ? Maybe they want to slow things down for now....