News Forum - Samsung removes ad in Singapore of drag queen hugging Muslim mother

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Not just bigoted nonsense, but remarkably misinformed - or, in hindsight, not remarkable at all.

If the ability to "get pregnant or do breastfeeding" is a requirement to be a "woman" then there are plenty of biological women around who would fail your test.

What does that make them - men, by your logic?

"Unnatural"? Well, it happens in pretty much every other animal species, and I doubt most are influenced too much by talkshows and kids' entertainment.

Humanity going homosexual? I've not come across anyone rational suggesting it's likely.

As for "If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this", I must pass that gem on to two friends of mine in Pattaya who have children and who only 'came out' when their children were adults - one was an ex-British Army Major, medically discharged after being shot in Belfast, the other a retired British Army Lt Colonel, promoted through the ranks via RSM, so I think they both deserve the right to choose their sexual preference - as does anyone else.

They can have the right to choose their sexual preference, as long as I am allowed to voice my opinion. And as far as the ad is concerned. You can be sure that Samsung did this not to show how "woke" they are, but knowing full well that they would create a big controversy. Retracting just make them look good with the other side. Virtue signalling by pretending to have learned their lesson. Just shows you how we are being manipulated and played by companies and governments alike. By the way, how realistic do you think the ad was ? You really think that was depicting a "real" possible situation.

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

but there is many genders …. According to the minority with the squeaky wheel.

Despite possible appearances, I'm not in favour of "many genders" or of accepting trans as 'changing' their gender - just in favour of accepting them as they are.

To me, just because you want to be something else that doesn't mean you are something else or that anyone should have to accept you as something else.

The arguments on both 'sides' are equally flawed.

51 minutes ago, Donald said:

They can have the right to choose their sexual preference, as long as I am allowed to voice my opinion. And as far as the ad is concerned. You can be sure that Samsung did this not to show how "woke" they are, but knowing full well that they would create a big controversy. Retracting just make them look good with the other side. Virtue signalling by pretending to have learned their lesson. Just shows you how we are being manipulated and played by companies and governments alike. By the way, how realistic do you think the ad was ? You really think that was depicting a "real" possible situation.

FWIW I think Samsung were quite clever and despite appearances they've probably benefited from both sides.

Do I think it was "depicting a "real" possible situation"?

Beyond any possible doubt - not all gays are hairdressers, and not all trans are atheists, and there are certainly Muslim drag queens whose mothers accept them, proving that conclusively:

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-p00ubp/muslim-drag-queens/

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4959956/

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Not just bigoted nonsense, but remarkably misinformed - or, in hindsight, not remarkable at all.

If the ability to "get pregnant or do breastfeeding" is a requirement to be a "woman" then there are plenty of biological women around who would fail your test.

What does that make them - men, by your logic?

"Unnatural"? Well, it happens in pretty much every other animal species, and I doubt most are influenced too much by talkshows and kids' entertainment.

Humanity going homosexual? I've not come across anyone rational suggesting it's likely.

As for "If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this", I must pass that gem on to two friends of mine in Pattaya who have children and who only 'came out' when their children were adults - one was an ex-British Army Major, medically discharged after being shot in Belfast, the other a retired British Army Lt Colonel, promoted through the ranks via RSM, so I think they both deserve the right to choose their sexual preference - as does anyone else.

Absolutely. Homosexuality a natural genetic deviation for around 7%.
Only Two Biological Genders. Defined by XX or XY Chromosomes. 
Trans etc. is Gender Dysphoria, 40% suicide rate,  either Mental Illness or pre-  birth Brain Development Failure. These people are obviously not biologically “moving”  between Genders, which is impossible, should perhaps have disabled status (which would solve the toilet / changing room / sports issues), with no rights coming at expense of actual real Women / Men. Of course treated with normal respect.

• Like 2

None of this every matters until religion gets involved or is invoked. Then someone loose their mind. Any religion based on made-up deities / magical voices booming from above, are a curse on the lost and weak minded. Who cares how anyone identifies, or who they love. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Vince said:

I think that's not a respectful way to describe anyone. 

You prefer lifelong imprisonment, electrocution, 'humane' lethal injection, and random gun & drug fueled violence which plagues civilized countries? 

no rational civilized people “respect” anyone adhering / defending that tyrannical death cult. rational decent folk should prefer, as least worse form of govt.,  imperfect western enlightened democracy based on freedom & reason.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, PatrickSatoLee said:

cos now it did more harms to the Trans community than helping them,

The other side would be, that conservative muslim communities are going to ignore Samsung products?

Now lets do the math, how much of the muslim community is "drag"? Or even openly gay?

And how much more Samsung customer are on the other side if it?

Yes, it would have been better, to leave this one in the drawer, insted to use it. But a worlwide operating concern, what can they do now?

Or are you going to give Samsung products a "no', over this?

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Trans etc. is Gender Dysphoria, 40% suicide rate,  either Mental Illness or pre-  birth Brain Development Failure. These people are obviously not biologically “moving”  between Genders, which is impossible, should perhaps have disabled status (which would solve the toilet / changing room / sports issues), with no rights coming at expense of actual real Women / Men. Of course treated with normal respect.

But homosexuality isn't a "deviation" any more than being left handed or ginger haired is; nor is gender dysphoria a "mental illness".

Categorising people as something they're not is hardly treating them with "normal respect" 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

I thought there were three?
YYY-Delilah.thumb.jpg.c0315f56c6e77b76b51abda7673de656.jpg
Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

59 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

no rational civilized people “respect” anyone adhering / defending that tyrannical death cult. rational decent folk should prefer, as least worse form of govt.,  imperfect western enlightened democracy based on freedom & reason.

Almost funny - so unless everyone accepts "western democracy", which every country has a different version of, they're not rational, decent or civilized? 

Seriously?

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But homosexuality isn't a "deviation" any more than being left handed or ginger haired is; nor is gender dysphoria a "mental illness".

Categorising people as something they're not is hardly treating them with "normal respect" 😂

I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Almost funny - so unless everyone accepts "western democracy", which every country has a different version of, they're not rational, decent or civilized? 

Seriously?

You haven’t properly read the thread so your context is off. I wrote in clear English.Contrasting one form of tyranny with one form of democracy.  You are being obtuse,  introducing different ideas…. and surprisingly defending tyranny.

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Correct. 😎Homosexuality is officially “ a normal & natural variation in sexual orientation “ . GD is “ a distress disorder “ when gender identity differs from birth sex. Quite subtle but important distinctions. I have been educated ! 

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

You haven’t properly read the thread so your context is off. I wrote in clear English.Contrasting one form of tyranny with one form of democracy.  You are being obtuse,  introducing different ideas…. and surprisingly defending tyranny.

I think you may need to lay off the booze or the waccy baccy.

You said there's a "tyrannical death cult" in Singapore where there's a "backward ignorant barbaric culture" with "beheadings, amputations or honour killings" ... and when I tried to show you that  Muslim drag queens really do exist, which you doubted, you say that I'm "defending tyranny".

Just a bit too weird for me, sorry 😕.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cabra said:

None of this every matters until religion gets involved or is invoked. Then someone loose their mind. Any religion based on made-up deities / magical voices booming from above, are a curse on the lost and weak minded. Who cares how anyone identifies, or who they love. 

No No you  shouldnt mock religion I  mean "if  it  helps them?  then its  just  FINE😂

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:51 AM, HighSo said:

Even homosexuality is completely unnatural. If humanity would went homosexual, we would be extinct after one generation. If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this. 

No doubt in forums such as this, populated in the majority by the white older male demographic, statements like this get some simmering homophobic support. It doesn't make it the least bit acceptable, or true.

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

I think you may need to lay off the booze or the waccy baccy.

You said there's a "tyrannical death cult" in Singapore where there's a "backward ignorant barbaric culture" with "beheadings, amputations or honour killings" ... and when I tried to show you that  Muslim drag queens really do exist, which you doubted, you say that I'm "defending tyranny".

Just a bit too weird for me, sorry 😕.

Cross purposes here. Again, you picked up on my original article response which article referenced followers of that religion  as “ conservative”. I responded with their true “death cult” nature. Certainly they practice their brutal insanity wherever they can. 

Democracy emanated from Ancient Greece. “Form” of  modern democracy doesn’t matter. It’s all imperfect but still “ least worse” form of govt. Churchill ? Would argue that , in the modern world, Undemocratic practice is Uncivilized.Possibly a stretch though …..

• Cool 1

On 1/26/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bluesofa said:

Thanks for the info.

I wrote estrogen with a question mark, as I'm not very good on biology, but had read that some katoeys take it, and I was therefore guessing.

Just for info, Further to male lactation, see #79 below:
https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-doctor-patient-stories/?utm_source=duckduckgo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=organic

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

No doubt in forums such as this, populated in the majority by the white older male demographic, statements like this get some simmering homophobic support. It doesn't make it the least bit acceptable, or true.

“White older males “ (western) legalized all this “ variation”. 

Which non- white societies did ? Punishable by Death in many African & West Asian countries. Culturally unacceptable in Latin America.