News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 7,139 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

13 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 22,045 with 347 of those fatalities since the start of this year. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 7,139 new Covid-19 cases and 8,100 recoveries. There are now 82,485 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 20 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start of the pandemic last year, […]

The story Monday Covid Update: 7,139 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

139 in Loei province - up 50% from yesterday, and up rather more from steady single figures a month ago.

... but the pandemic's over, of course ...

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

While I am more than happy to be proven wrong, Omicron has shown an avalanche of cases are coming....

They're taking their time about it, though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

While I am more than happy to be proven wrong, Omicron has shown an avalanche of cases are coming....

You are saying what I thought was certain to happen. For the first few days, the reported cases of this variant's trajectory mirrored that of the UK, and once TH hit 2k for "O", I was convinced that it would be 10K by that weekend, and 100k by the next weekend, but it has yet reach 9K in any day.

When I make a prediction like that and it goes so disastrously wrong, I look for an explanation. I think there are three major factors. The first is that since it started winning the battle against Delta, it's done a pretty good job. I don't necessarily believe the accuracy of the figures put out bt the TH gov, but even if the true figures were double what is being reported, it is still a small fraction of what the UK with a similar population, is reporting.

The second factor I think has been the TH people themselves and the self-discipline they have shown in most cases.

But most importantly, they did not have Boris Johnson

• Haha 1