News Forum - “Covid-19” visa extension deadline tomorrow, no word from immigration

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

I am getting on with my life and letting others get on with theirs.

I'm simply saying why I have so little sympathy for those few expats who reflect badly on the vast majority of other expats in Thailand, which one or two seem to be taking personally.

Do I have any "proof" that Thai immigration and the Embassies tightened things up because the system was getting abused?

Only what the then Consul in Bangkok and the then head of immigration in Pattaya told me.

No more questions your honour, stomper does't have any proof, I rest my case. The jury can now retire. 😂😂😂

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

careful, you may blow the façade you are trying to create in other threads.  its this type of post that assures me that all the "wear a mask for the safety of others" and "take the shot for the safety of others" isnt so much about you caring for your fellow humans but rather just want to see them controlled  for your own perceived safety.

i think we all have our gripes about rules both at home and here in Thailand.  If people are "working the system" to stay here but are not causing any harm then i say more power to them.  because someone doesn't have the "financial resources" required by the state you seem to bee on board with kicking them out.  very compassionate of you

But they are "causing harm" to others here, as the small minority are  the reason why the rules have been tightened up for the vast majority.

Far from being inconsistent, it's just another example of a small minority abusing their 'freedom' at the expense of the community as a whole so that everyone else suffers instead.

Probably hard to understand if you're one of that small minority, and even harder to accept.

20 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, since I came here in my mid-30's, single, umm ... yes 😂.

If you're not married to a Thai, though, you're not eligible for an 'O - ME' visa ...

... and if the rules hadn't been tightened up to make life harder for the freeloaders and begpackers life would be much easier for you ...

... unless you're a freeloader or begpacker, of course 😂.

Says you who gets the cheapest visa available 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You seem to know very little.  A lack of sympathy isn't "hate" - it's simply a lack of sympathy.

No.  You straight up just like to feel righteous and pour out the hate.

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do I have any "proof" that Thai immigration and the Embassies tightened things up because the system was getting abused?

Only what the then Consul in Bangkok and the then head of immigration in Pattaya told me.

Answering your own questions, now, @Stonker. Maybe time you tried your luck elsewhere . . . just saying 🤣.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But they are "causing harm" to others here, as the small minority are  the reason why the rules have been tightened up for the vast majority.

Source, please.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I am getting on with my life and letting others get on with theirs.

I'm simply saying why I have so little sympathy for those few expats who reflect badly on the vast majority of other expats in Thailand, which one or two seem to be taking personally.

They don't have a Consul in Bangkok.  They have an Ambassador.  And there is no chance you spoke to him or he said what you claim.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Far from being inconsistent, it's just another example of a small minority abusing their 'freedom' at the expense of the community as a whole so that everyone else suffers instead.

Probably hard to understand if you're one of that small minority, and even harder to accept.

Im not in any group as you described.  i can more than easily comply with the restrictions both financial and documentation.  but just because it doesnt affect me personally doesnt mean that i am ok with it.   when something is morally wrong its morally wrong and if we dont speak up for things that dont affect us we cant complain when others dont speak up for us.

i fail to see how people living here committing no crimes are "causing harm."  the rules for Thailand get more and more strict each year completely independently of the behavior of foreigners.  if someone is causing harm then i am all for the government kicking them out.  but i dont stand for punishing people for crimes or bad behavior of others.  these huge nets that are cast will get rid of some of the trouble makers as you see them but also make life much more difficult for many people who are just trying to make a life for themselves.  as the old saying goes, better to let 100 criminals go free than lock up one innocent person.    in this case its better stated to let 100 innocents go free even if 1 criminal also goes free. 

• Like 1